Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakew04 View Post
    are any settings better than others? thanks in advance
    Not really. With a stationary subject and a tripod, motion blur at low shutter speeds shouldn't be an issue. Only thing I can think of is avoiding auto-ISO, but that's about it.

Comment

what would you need if they where taxing?

Comment

A veeeery steady hand and lots of luck

Comment

These were my first (and only attempt) at night shooting. Equipment comprised of a good, solid tripod with a bluetooth shutter actuator to avoid any manually induced vibration. Settings were aperture priority, 100 ISO manually set, f8.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

thanks for the information but i don't think my camera has bluetooth, maybe one which is just plugged into the camera itself?

Comment

thanks for the information but i don't think my camera has bluetooth, maybe one which is just plugged into the camera itself?
              No need for bluetooth, a timer delay for the shutter actuation should be built into all modern digital cameras.

Comment

These are my very first night shots....all in the last few days, taken at Luton....both the pics include the EXIF data - I think the exposure were 15 seconds or so

1. ALWAYS use ISO 100 (or lower if your camera supposrts it) to avoid noise.
                2. Obviously using a tripod - try not to zoom in too much, e.g. if using you 400mm lens because even the slightest movement at that length will show up, even on a tripod.
                3. Go for f7.1 and above for sharp and crisp shots and adjust your exposure time to make shot brighter or darker.
                4. I simply set my Canon for a 2 second delay after I push the fire button, which gives me time to move my hand away and any vibration dissipate before it opens the shutter.

Personally I like to tone down my white balance in post processing, as I prefer not to have the yellow tinged floodlights - I find the cooler colours give a better colour - see the very last picture below, you'll see what I mean.

Here are my night pics...

It's 1.30am, and Uniform Papa rests for the night, with the rubbish awaiting collection. A TUI Boeing 757 taxis past on Alpha, having vacated RWY 26.. G-EZUP. Airbus A320-214. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It's 1am, and Kilo Delta has just arrived on stand. Although the stairs are being connected, passengers weren't going anywhere for quite a while, because the buses took ages to arrive. Note the aircraft trails in the background - an aircraft taking off on RWY 26 captured during this 13 second exposure.. G-WUKD. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

These pics I hope to upload shortly...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3620-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	1042457

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	961.7 KB
ID:	1042458

Name:	IMG_3600-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	795.5 KB
ID:	1042459

Comment

hello guys i had a photo just now rejected for invalid hot it was a fedex md-11 N595FE and i put in N959FE like an idiot. but i was just wanting to know if i can re-submit it? i'm pretty sure it's not aloud to keep posting the same picture over and over again so i'm just playing it safe. thanks in advance.

and if anybody wants the link then here it is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7581470

Comment

hello guys i had a photo just now rejected for invalid hot it was a fedex md-11 N595FE and i put in N959FE like an idiot. but i was just wanting to know if i can re-submit it? i'm pretty sure it's not aloud to keep posting the same picture over and over again so i'm just playing it safe. thanks in advance.

and if anybody wants the link then here it is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7581470
                    Not sure what your question is. You entered the reg. as N595FE which is correct. Is there a reason it should be considered hot?

Comment

• hello i've got an email from a pilot wanting to see if he can use one of my photos. i'm happy to give it to him but just wondering what resolution is good? i know the higher resolution will bring out flaws so just wanting to know what is best. thanks in advance

here's the image https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9439299

Comment

• Originally posted by jakew04 View Post
                        hello i've got an email from a pilot wanting to see if he can use one of my photos. i'm happy to give it to him but just wondering what resolution is good? i know the higher resolution will bring out flaws so just wanting to know what is best. thanks in advance

here's the image https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9439299
                        I think that's a question you should be asking the pilot, not posting here..

Comment

• i have asked more than likely won't get an answer for a little bit considering it's 1am but i am just asking wether there is a sweet spot which doesn't bring out flaws much but is still a decent size for instance if he wanted to print it out. thanks

Comment

• If someone wanted a phot of mine, I would give it to them at absolutely full size resolution. Flaws won't show up for the purposes he wants it for, e.g. he probably wants to zoom in as much as possible to see his face in cockpit, and for that you'll need to save the pic as full size, as opposed to 1280 for jetphotos. I would consider charging him if he wants you to send him a full resolution picture. Maybe £60? Depending on how goo the shot is.

Comment

• thanks for the feedback i have since given the image to him and he gave me some money in return, he wanted the original resolution and he seemed happy with it. again thanks for the feedback

Comment

• hi guys i've had a few rejections recently that could of been avoided if i knew how to correctly use the histogram. I'm trying my best to figure out how to use it but i still just don't understand it, is there any videos or forum posts that explain how to use the histogram? if anyone can help i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X