No announcement yet.

jakew04 - general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not sure what other forum this would go in, and you never know i would rather ask and not make that mistake than not ask and possibly lose a slot for 2 weeks

thanks for the quick reply

Comment

This badge:“Photographers took photos of at least 500 airlines”
      I think this is a bit crazy. I don't know if there are 500 airlines in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
        I think this is a bit crazy. I don't know if there are 500 airlines in the world.
        Believe it or not, there are some people that have already achieved this.

Also includes historic airlines i.e. airlines that are no longer operating as well as different military organisations.

Comment

A quick Google search reveals 365 civilian airlines in the world. Add in the private owners listed, air forces, navies, army and government departments and you could easily get upwards of 1,000 plus operators.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by jakew04 View Post
            hey guys, i just uploaded a picture and forgot to add a watermark. i remembered 10 minutes later but that got me wondering what would happen if you forgot to add the watermark? would they add it for you or would the photo get rejected

im just curious. thanks in advance
            Will not be rejected,I never added a watermark,I do not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              A quick Google search reveals 365 civilian airlines in the world. Add in the private owners listed, air forces, navies, army and government departments and you could easily get upwards of 1,000 plus operators.
              "air forces, navies, army and government"
              I don't know these are counted.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                Well, according to my profile, I already have 310 airlines caught in only 18 european locations. I really didn't realise that I have that many.

But if you will take in consideration, that you have stuff like KLM, KLM Asia, KLM Cittyhopper and KLM Cargo, regular Lufthansa, LH Cityline, LH Cargo, etc etc, so photographing 500 airlines really shouldn't be a problem

Comment

uploadable file size

hello guys, i'm trying to upload a couple images at 1600 mpix they have already been approved on the prescreening forum and was wondering what it takes to be able to upload at 1600 mpix. i'm right now only able to upload at 1280. if it is a certain acceptance ratio or the amount of accepted photos in the datebase then i have 13 photos accepted and a 61.90% acceptance ratio. is that good enough? any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

Up to 1280 pixels is the size that a new uploader starts at. To upload at images up to 1600 pixels you need to get around 100 images accepted at 1280 with an absolute minimum 50% acceptance ratio, preferably more like 75% and you have to make a formal request via email for a 1600 permission. Requesting prescreening at 1600 pixels when you only have a 1280 permission is a waste of time as the screeners will not know that you do not have a 1600 permission.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

100 photos, damn, i didn't realise it was that much but ok. and yes i will no longer be asking for prescreening of 1600 mpix i new you had to request to be able to upload at 1920 but i thought you could immediately post at 1600 if you wanted too. thanks for the feedback

Comment

hi guys for this winter i'm trying to learn night aviation photography and was wondering what equipment works best and what are the best settings? i'm trying to get the equipment and the right settings by October which is when it starts getting dark pretty early. so if anyone can help i would appreciate it, thanks in advance

Comment

hi guys for this winter i'm trying to learn night aviation photography and was wondering what equipment works best and what are the best settings? i'm trying to get the equipment and the right settings by October which is when it starts getting dark pretty early. so if anyone can help i would appreciate it, thanks in advance
                          Can you be a little more specific about 'night photography'? Do you mean low light (dusk/dawn), completely dark, etc.? Each specific situation will demand its own specific settings & set up.

Comment

completely dark. thanks in advance

Comment

completely dark. thanks in advance
                              Assuming a stationary subject, then all you'd really need is a tripod.

Comment

are any settings better than others? thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X