Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDDM Munich airport - no check for similar pictures

Hey guys,

since a few months there is question popping up whenever I upload pics at EDDM Munich airport. The pop-up asks if I mean the old or the new (well new, opened in 1992) airport with the same airport code EDDM.

Since then, there is no more check if I already have a picture of a certain reg at Munich causing similar rejections. So I have to manually check every single reg I upload if I already have a similar picture in the database.

Can this please get corrected?

Thank you for checking.
    Oliver
    Oliver Richter

Oliver,
    It you upload a picture of an aircraft which you already have a accepted photo of at the airport you should be able to see a box that says:
    Note: You have 1 photo of the same registration/airport combination in the database

This box will pop up just above autofill.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
      Oliver,
      It you upload a picture of an aircraft which you already have a accepted photo of at the airport you should be able to see a box that says:
      Note: You have 1 photo of the same registration/airport combination in the database

This box will pop up just above autofill.
      I know this box. It does NOT appear when you upload at EDDM - because of the extra popup.
      Oliver Richter

Comment

I can confirm Olivers issue. I tested with some registration I uploaded myself from Munich from different dates and never got a warning. While recently uploading pictures from other airports I got the warning. I think Oliver is right that it has to do with the "old" and "new" airport.
        View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Originally posted by KampfHase View Post
          Hey guys,

since a few months there is question popping up whenever I upload pics at EDDM Munich airport. The pop-up asks if I mean the old or the new (well new, opened in 1992) airport with the same airport code EDDM.

Since then, there is no more check if I already have a picture of a certain reg at Munich causing similar rejections. So I have to manually check every single reg I upload if I already have a similar picture in the database.

Can this please get corrected?

Thank you for checking.
          Oliver
          Request that fix as well...really annoying
          those 5 pics per year compared to over 7000 in 2018 should let us find a solution here...

Thx
          Last edited by kaese2002; 2019-08-26, 17:26.

Comment

Thanks for reporting. We have added this to the backlog.

Just to confirm, is this for all airports? or just in the case where there are 2 airports with the same code, as in the case of EDDM?

Thanks,
            Laurence

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
              Thanks for reporting. We have added this to the backlog.

Just to confirm, is this for all airports? or just in the case where there are 2 airports with the same code, as in the case of EDDM?

Thanks,
              Laurence
              At other airports with unique codes it is working fine. I cannot remember another airport with this popup window, so it probably is happening at all airports with 2 or more older one with the same code.
              Oliver Richter

Comment

At other airports with unique codes it is working fine. I cannot remember another airport with this popup window, so it probably is happening at all airports with 2 or more older one with the same code.
                Thanks- we will try to look into it shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
                  Thanks- we will try to look into it shortly.
                  Any news on this? I still have to check every reg manually, if I have pics of this reg at EDDM. No automatic check using auto fill.
                  Oliver Richter

Comment

Any news on this? I still have to check every reg manually, if I have pics of this reg at EDDM. No automatic check using auto fill.
                    No, unfortunately not. We have not had time to look into this.

Comment

I want to bump this thread and report no changes at all. I still do not get my previous pics from EDDM checked when using auto fill.
                      Oliver Richter

Comment

I want to bump this thread and report no changes at all. I still do not get my previous pics from EDDM checked when using auto fill.
                        And another bump.
                        Oliver Richter

Comment

How difficult is it to check what, if any images of a particular reg you already have in the database. It’s not rocket science and doesn’t take very long.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Itīs a mess when your weekend spends 100+ pics ready for upload...

Comment

Working...
                            X