Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Appeal for a Rejection

  1. #41
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello JP Screeners,

    Updated edit of this photo I'm trying to get accepted to the database. Hopefully the dust spot has been removed to be able to be accepted.


    Attachment 28074
    Unfortunately poor attempt at removing the dust; the spot is still there, and you've managed to manipulate the sky around it as well.

  2. #42
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Unfortunately poor attempt at removing the dust; the spot is still there, and you've managed to manipulate the sky around it as well.
    Yikes, okay, I will try doing a one time removal and see how that works. If you were in my shoes, how would you do it? Is there a way to get around dust spots? I've never had such a severe problem with them until using this 150-600 Sigma Lens.

  3. #43
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default Pre-Screening Request

    Dear JP Screeners,

    I don't want to abuse the pre-screening to much, so this will be the last attempt. Worst case, the photo can be saved into the personal collection. I used the cloning brush over the spot once. It looked better after it was completed but of course your opinion will hold more merit. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0492.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	371.8 KB 
ID:	28075  

  4. #44
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello JP Screeners,

    Updated edit of this photo I'm trying to get accepted to the database. Hopefully the dust spot has been removed to be able to be accepted.


    Attachment 28074
    Still there. I've fixed it for you, but better going forward if you figure out how to do it yourself.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0492 (fixed).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	430.3 KB 
ID:	28076

  5. #45
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Still there. I've fixed it for you, but better going forward if you figure out how to do it yourself.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0492 (fixed).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	430.3 KB 
ID:	28076
    Was able to watch some tutorials, hence fixing it myself the correct way. Thanks as always for the help.

  6. #46
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default Pre-Screening Request

    Dear JP Screeners & Members,

    Was looking to get the below photos pre-screened for a chance at the database. Was shooting using different apertures, shutter speeds and just wanted to make sure none of the photos are over-processed or not enough contrast. Thanks as always.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0573.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	338.4 KB 
ID:	28215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0583.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	28216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0593.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	28217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0605.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	28218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0597.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	345.6 KB 
ID:	28219  


  7. #47
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Dear JP Screeners & Members,

    Was looking to get the below photos pre-screened for a chance at the database. Was shooting using different apertures, shutter speeds and just wanted to make sure none of the photos are over-processed or not enough contrast. Thanks as always.
    Borderline overexposed on all of them, and last one is a bit soft as well.

  8. #48
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Borderline overexposed on all of them, and last one is a bit soft as well.
    Thanks Dana. I'll be sure to bring down the exposure before adding them to the queue this evening. Thanks for taking the time, it's much appreciated.

  9. #49
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default Pre-Screen Request

    Hello all,

    Trying to upload a hot photo and just wanted to be sure everything was in order. Tried posting earlier but was rejected due to under sharpening, color/hue/saturation which I've never had a problem with (first rejection with that being a reason) and of course, to much or to little contrast so I'm assuming not enough. Here's the newly edited photo.

    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0494.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	503.7 KB 
ID:	28573  
    Last edited by ldubsaviation; 09-17-2019 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Add additional content.

  10. #50
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello all,

    Trying to upload a hot photo and just wanted to be sure everything was in order. Tried posting earlier but was rejected due to under sharpening, color/hue/saturation which I've never had a problem with (first rejection with that being a reason) and of course, to much or to little contrast so I'm assuming not enough. Here's the newly edited photo.

    Thank you.
    Still a bit soft with a cyan cast.

  11. #51
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default Night Shot Settings

    Hello Avgeeks,

    I'll be traveling to JFK next month, and I plan on doing some night spotting. I carry a Nikon D3400 with a 70-300mm lens as well as a Sigma 150-600mm (Which I plan to use the most). What would be the best settings to operate with for night time operations?

    Thanks in advance!

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello Avgeeks,

    I'll be traveling to JFK next month, and I plan on doing some night spotting. I carry a Nikon D3400 with a 70-300mm lens as well as a Sigma 150-600mm (Which I plan to use the most). What would be the best settings to operate with for night time operations?

    Thanks in advance!
    most important dont forget bring tripod

  13. #53
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floosypg View Post
    most important dont forget bring tripod
    Yes! A tripod is very important!

  14. #54
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default 2 Rejections for "To Low in Frame"

    Hello all,

    I had these 2 photos rejected for "to low in frame". They look to both be in the right parameters to receive acceptance, but thats why I felt I should come to the forum first so I don't waste any screeners time. So should I appeal both of these over the next 48 hours? I know your only allowed to appeal every 24. Feedback is appreciated!

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624141
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624134

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    LFPO
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello all,

    I had these 2 photos rejected for "to low in frame". They look to both be in the right parameters to receive acceptance, but thats why I felt I should come to the forum first so I don't waste any screeners time. So should I appeal both of these over the next 48 hours? I know your only allowed to appeal every 24. Feedback is appreciated!

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624141
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624134
    Hello, not a screener, but i agree with the rejection.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    207

    Default

    hi i'm not a screener either but i can see why they were rejected

  17. #57
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ldubsaviation View Post
    Hello all,

    I had these 2 photos rejected for "to low in frame". They look to both be in the right parameters to receive acceptance, but thats why I felt I should come to the forum first so I don't waste any screeners time. So should I appeal both of these over the next 48 hours? I know your only allowed to appeal every 24. Feedback is appreciated!

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624141
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7624134
    Both are two low in the frame, and any appeal would almost certainly be unsuccessful. You are only blocked from appealing for 24 hours if you lose an appeal. A successful appeal will mean you can submit another immediately.

  18. #58
    Junior Member ldubsaviation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Both are two low in the frame, and any appeal would almost certainly be unsuccessful. You are only blocked from appealing for 24 hours if you lose an appeal. A successful appeal will mean you can submit another immediately.
    Understood. I remember in the latter months, I had appealed once because it was basically centered and had it accepted but I will choose not to waste any valuable time. Will re-upload with better centering. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •