Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D7500

Hello to everybody!

Got my D7200 broken that is a great pity but anyway, now I have to buy a new body. I definitely want a crop Nikon camera and most of the time I use Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR lense for spotting.

So that's a question that I'm not sure about: should I buy just another D7200 or "upgrade" to latest D7500.

What are your thoughts and suggestions on Nikon D7500 for aviation photography.

Thank you and best regards!
    Iurii

Hi Iurii, I switched from the D300 to the D7500 1,5 years ago and I am more than happy with my decision. I also had to decide between the 7200 and 7500 but selected latter.
    From what I have heard there is not much difference between those bodys in terms of picture quality. The main reason for the 7500 was that it is possible to move the display.
    I shot pretty often planes over the fence and this is now pretty easy with the 7500.

Comment

D7200 2 card slots for SD and better at lower ISOs. D7500 one card slot, better high-ISO and slightly better AF.

I would prefer the D7200. (which my wife uses)

Comment

Not sure whether the D7200 has an "instant 100% review" function on the OK button - I find this quite a handy feature. Having a direct access ISO button on front top right corner could be handy as well. Not the least to mention, the screen is tilting (albeit not much ie. 40° downward only) AND it is a touch screen if that matters for you (wouldn't for me).

Eventually you also should factor in the different grip style. The D7500 uses a different, "deep" grip, similar to the D750 FX.

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
          Hi Iurii, I switched from the D300 to the D7500 1,5 years ago and I am more than happy with my decision. I also had to decide between the 7200 and 7500 but selected latter.
          From what I have heard there is not much difference between those bodys in terms of picture quality. The main reason for the 7500 was that it is possible to move the display.
          I shot pretty often planes over the fence and this is now pretty easy with the 7500.
          Thank you!
          Moving display is a really good option. My wife has Nikon D5100 and I love how the moving display is realized on that body. Though image quality is what matters to me the most.

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          D7200 2 card slots for SD and better at lower ISOs. D7500 one card slot, better high-ISO and slightly better AF.
          I would prefer the D7200. (which my wife uses)
          Thank you!
          Since I want to use teleconverter at some point, probably D7500, which is better at higher ISOs, will be a better option for me.

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
          Not sure whether the D7200 has an "instant 100% review" function on the OK button - I find this quite a handy feature. Having a direct access ISO button on front top right corner could be handy as well. Not the least to mention, the screen is tilting (albeit not much ie. 40° downward only) AND it is a touch screen if that matters for you (wouldn't for me).
          Eventually you also should factor in the different grip style. The D7500 uses a different, "deep" grip, similar to the D750 FX.
          Thank you for mentioning grip style, I don't feel any discomfort using D7200, but probably "deep" grip will be better for my big hands
          Just to mention, REC button can be set as an ISO button on D7200, which is realy useful and it is nice that D7500 already has ISO button there. Can you still set REC button on D7500 for something else?

Comment

I added a D7200 to my two D7000 bodies. Very pleased with high ISO performance and excellent picture quality from the 24 mpx sensor. I use a Nikon f3.5-5.6 USM VR 18-300. I am so pleased with it that it has now become my standard carry outfit.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by IT88 View Post
              REC button can be set as an ISO button on D7200 ... Can you still set REC button on D7500 for something else?
              Ok, 7200 is same as 750fx. The 7500 can be configured on only 3 elements for the rec button (in conjunction with a wheel): Metering, White Balance and Image Size. Not a lot, but there's many other buttons to be configured.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                I added a D7200 to my two D7000 bodies. Very pleased with high ISO performance and excellent picture quality from the 24 mpx sensor. I use a Nikon f3.5-5.6 USM VR 18-300. I am so pleased with it that it has now become my standard carry outfit.
                Yeah, D7200 is a great camera (actually was a great camera in my case ) but maybe it's time to try something new.
                Anyway thank you for the answer!

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                Ok, 7200 is same as 750fx. The 7500 can be configured on only 3 elements for the rec button (in conjunction with a wheel): Metering, White Balance and Image Size. Not a lot, but there's many other buttons to be configured.
                Got it.
                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X