ASRuzo - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRuzo - Editing Advice

Dear all. This is my first post here and i started with aviation photography recently so i am pretty much a beginner. I went through several tutorials about taking aviation photos and how to edit them. The photo i am posting is taken from my backyard and i wonder if there is a chance to take a photo good enaugh to be accepted from that distance with equipment i have. I am asking you for a pre-screening advice so i can see where i stand.

I am very thankful for everything you guys are doing here.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ASRuzo View Post
    Dear all. This is my first post here and i started with aviation photography recently so i am pretty much a beginner. I went through several tutorials about taking aviation photos and how to edit them. The photo i am posting is taken from my backyard and i wonder if there is a chance to take a photo good enaugh to be accepted from that distance with equipment i have. I am asking you for a pre-screening advice so i can see where i stand.

Hi! I am not screener but..
    Very soft and borderline dark/color IMO

Comment

I'm not a screener either, but from what I can see, there may be some editing halos, particularly around the tail (you can see these halos in Lightroom in the Spot Removal settings). Additionally, you may need to adjust the saturation so as to remove some of the blue tint. As for sharpening, I usually apply 100% sharpening in Lightroom and then add smaller amounts (5-15% usually) in Photoshop. In this case, I'm not sure if it may result in an overprocessing rejection.

Comment

Image is quite soft, and indeed does have a cyan/blue cast. Large dust spot also visible. May or not be fixable, depending on the quality of the original.

Comment

Thank you guys. I actually went to the airport of Ljubljana today and among other i took these two photos. What do you think about them? Anyhow better?
          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure about the 1st one, but the second would probably be a cut-off rejection, among other things (tip of horizontal stabilizer has been cut off).

Comment

Thank you guys. I actually went to the airport of Ljubljana today and among other i took these two photos. What do you think about them? Anyhow better?
              1. centering (too low)
              2. borderline soft

Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback.

After a review of what you have told me i decided to go for in my oppinion better photo selection and here is my product.

Is it getting any better?
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback.

After a review of what you have told me i decided to go for in my oppinion better photo selection and here is my product.

Is it getting any better?
                  1. centering, horizon (needs CW), borderline dark
                  2. centering, borderline dark

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    1. centering, horizon (needs CW), borderline dark
                    2. centering, borderline dark
                    Thank you very much again.

I took your advice and reedited both photos. Can you please take a look at them again?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much again.

I took your advice and reedited both photos. Can you please take a look at them again?
                      Maybe a bit soft on the first, but both would be ok for me.

Comment

Maybe a bit soft on the first, but both would be ok for me.
                        Oh my. This is first OK ever for me Thank you.

What about this one?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh my. This is first OK ever for me Thank you.

What about this one?
                          Borderline dark, but otherwise ok.

Comment

Borderline dark, but otherwise ok.
                            Thank you very much. I tried again with focus on brightness and here is the result. Can you please check if brightness is ok now among other things?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. I tried again with focus on brightness and here is the result. Can you please check if brightness is ok now among other things?
                              Exposure should be ok, but second one's horizon is off (needs CCW rotation).

Comment

Working...
                              X