Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Screening Advice - Smudge329

Hi there,

Tried a few submissions now and seem to be getting more rejection reasons ticked rather than less! So thought I'd ask for some advice in an attempt to improve skills.

Couple of photos attached from a recent visit to Manchester City Airport (Barton).

Main rejections seem to be centering / composition and contrast. These two photos haven't yet been in the official queue (I can share one that has and been rejected if helpful).

I'm doing a general process of checking / adjusting levels, cropping, doing a little sharpening, a little playing with curves.

Thanks,

Rich

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190822 G-LACB #1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	685.3 KB
ID:	1046416Click image for larger version

Name:	20190822 G-CJDA #2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	1046417

Originally posted by Smudge329 View Post
    These two photos haven't yet been in the official queue (I can share one that has and been rejected if helpful).
    Not a screener, but that second one has way too much empty space around the plane. Would need a tighter crop, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge329 View Post
      Hi there,

Tried a few submissions now and seem to be getting more rejection reasons ticked rather than less! So thought I'd ask for some advice in an attempt to improve skills.

Couple of photos attached from a recent visit to Manchester City Airport (Barton).

Main rejections seem to be centering / composition and contrast. These two photos haven't yet been in the official queue (I can share one that has and been rejected if helpful).

I'm doing a general process of checking / adjusting levels, cropping, doing a little sharpening, a little playing with curves.

Thanks,

Rich

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27602[/ATTACH]
      1. horizon looks like it might be off, but no good references, so should be ok
      2. would be rejected for too far

General advice: I'm guessing your contrast rejections are mainly due to the fact you're shooting in overcast conditions. If you want better chances of acceptance, try to shoot in better light.

Comment

Thanks for the advice - suspect it comes down to lighting at least in part!

Comment

Working...
        X