No announcement yet.

(arora7dm) - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I assumed the first one was fixable, so tried to add a bit of sharpening to it. Is it still soft? Also, added 2 more images. I am not sure if I am exceeding the 5 images in 24 hour rule, but will wait a bit after I hear feedback on these.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150124-1-D61_1246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1042062Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_0214_00001.jpg
Size:	703.3 KB
ID:	1042063Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_0896_00001_01.jpg
Size:	727.9 KB
ID:	1042064

Comment

Originally posted by arora7dm View Post
      Thank you. I assumed the first one was fixable, so tried to add a bit of sharpening to it. Is it still soft? Also, added 2 more images. I am not sure if I am exceeding the 5 images in 24 hour rule, but will wait a bit after I hear feedback on these.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]27771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27773[/ATTACH]
      1. soft
      2. soft, contrast, centering, backlit. not fixable.
      3. dark/backlit. not fixable.

Comment

Thank you as always for all the feedback. Any images amongst these that can be potential picks? I can spend more time post-processing.

Have a great labor day!

Name:	NZ6_1331_00001.jpg
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	1042194Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1335_00001.jpg
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	1042195Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1343_00001.jpg
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	1042196Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1350_00001.jpg
Size:	661.3 KB
ID:	1042197Click image for larger version

Name:	NZ6_1352_00001.jpg
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	1042198

Comment

Thank you as always for all the feedback. Any images amongst these that can be potential picks? I can spend more time post-processing.

Have a great labor day!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27936[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27937[/ATTACH]
          Not sure what you mean by 'potential picks', but these are all backlit, so none would be acceptable here.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to check - should I post process any of them if they could be made acceptable.

They may appear back-lit, but they actually are into the sun. Meaning light is coming from the front.. Taken in the evening at LAX, with sun setting in the West and in the direction that these take off...

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to check - should I post process any of them if they could be made acceptable.

They may appear back-lit, but they actually are into the sun. Meaning light is coming from the front.. Taken in the evening at LAX, with sun setting in the West and in the direction that these take off...
              For the context of JP, these are in fact considered backlit. Despite the sun being no more than a few degrees past 90 from your left, the whole side of the aircraft visible to you is in shadow. I'm quite familiar with such a set up, as my local airport also has east - west orientation of the main runways, and the sun will creep to the 'north' side mornings and evenings in the summer. Use this tool to better plan your spotting session next time:

Application for determining the course of the sun at a desired time and place with interactive map.

Comment

Would this be considered back-lit too? This is in winter, when likely the angle of the sun is different. Thanks!Click image for larger version

Name:	D61_3750.jpg
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	1042489

Comment

Would this be considered back-lit too? This is in winter, when likely the angle of the sun is different. Thanks![ATTACH=CONFIG]28304[/ATTACH]
                  Not backlit.

Comment

Thanks! Can you please share your feedback on this one, then.

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750.jpg
Size:	610.3 KB
ID:	1042491

Comment

Thanks! Can you please share your feedback on this one, then.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]28306[/ATTACH]
                      Contrast too low, and maybe a touch soft.

Comment

Thank you! Updated to fix contrast and added a bit of sharpening. Does it look better? Any other issues?

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750.jpg
Size:	721.5 KB
ID:	1042503

Comment

Thank you! Updated to fix contrast and added a bit of sharpening. Does it look better? Any other issues?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]28319[/ATTACH]
                          Yes, better. Would be ok for me as-is, but I see two minor issues that could still present an issue: horizon (maybe a touch of CCW needed), and a very slight blue cast. Up to you whether you want to adjust those as well.

Comment

Thank you again. I know it is kind of a thankless job and the request does not stop, so I appreciate you all looking into it. I made small adjustments (CCW rotation and slight increase in temp). Please let me know how it looks now. I will then upload it and cross my fingers

Name:	20170128-1-D61_3750-2.jpg
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	1042533

Comment

Thank you again. I know it is kind of a thankless job and the request does not stop, so I appreciate you all looking into it. I made small adjustments (CCW rotation and slight increase in temp). Please let me know how it looks now. I will then upload it and cross my fingers
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]28370[/ATTACH]
                              Borderline soft, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Can you please share your thoughts on this one? Thank you.

Name:	20180120-1-D61_6518.jpg
Size:	683.8 KB
ID:	1042816

Comment

Working...
                                X