Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected photo - advice needed

Hi all,
    I recently have had several pictures screen and rejected, and there are 2 of the reasons which I don't understand what's wrong:

Digital noise is visible. Grainy sky.

Here is an example picture that sees the problems:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I just wanted to say that despite noise and grainy skies I have no clue how/why they occur. They've only become obvious after post editing and typical edits such as added saturation and cropping. In my original RAW picture these noises were almost invisible. The ISO setting was also extremely low when taking these shots - ISO250, f/8. What's wrong with it please? Is there anything I could do about it at all please? Advice appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
    Alex Fung

Originally posted by Alex Fung View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently have had several pictures screen and rejected, and there are 2 of the reasons which I don't understand what's wrong:

Digital noise is visible. Grainy sky.

Here is an example picture that sees the problems:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I just wanted to say that despite noise and grainy skies I have no clue how/why they occur. They've only become obvious after post editing and typical edits such as added saturation and cropping. In my original RAW picture these noises were almost invisible. The ISO setting was also extremely low when taking these shots - ISO250, f/8. What's wrong with it please? Is there anything I could do about it at all please? Advice appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
    Alex Fung
    Hi, that image you linked is currently in the queue, and as such no comments from the crew will be offered. Better if you post the link(s) to the rejected image(s).

Also, might want to read here when you get the chance:

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Comment

Just because the crew cant give advice, doesn't mean others cant.
      This would be immediately rejected for: Heat haze, poor crop (low and right in frame), jpeg compression.
      Photo has no chance of making it unfortunately

Tim

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154010489@N04/
      https://www.instagram.com/crosswind_...ography/?hl=en

Comment

I saw poor crap and JPEG compression artifacts here. Personally suggest storing you photos in RAW not JPG / JPEG files. Every time you edit a JPG photo the quality got worse which leaves apparent compression artifacts on it

Comment

Working...
        X