AndrewC75 - Prescreening Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewC75 - Prescreening Request

I know this one isn't awash in sun.... It's nearing dusk and the sun in on the starboard bow, but I personally love the composition and the contrast against the cloudy sky. Might it be accepted, or is this one for the personal collection?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2762_VS_B744_G-VBIG_ATL.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1046454

Originally posted by AndrewC75 View Post
    I know this one isn't awash in sun.... It's nearing dusk and the sun in on the starboard bow, but I personally love the composition and the contrast against the cloudy sky. Might it be accepted, or is this one for the personal collection?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28221[/ATTACH]
    As it is, the personal collection, but that's more due to the softness than the poor light.

Comment

(I think I started another thread on this because I couldn't find this one... but now the other thread seems to have been deleted, I presume because this one exists, so I'll repost here.)

Rejected for overexposed, but I can't spot the overexposure. I feel like the exposure is true to the light of the moment. Pre-screen for a possible re-edit or appeal?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	22022_1582487841.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1083715

Comment

(I think I started another thread on this because I couldn't find this one... but now the other thread seems to have been deleted, I presume because this one exists, so I'll repost here.)

Rejected for overexposed, but I can't spot the overexposure. I feel like the exposure is true to the light of the moment. Pre-screen for a possible re-edit or appeal?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Name:	22022_1582487841.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1083715
        This is borderline, but should have been acceptable. You can appeal this one if you'd like.

Comment

Thank you for the consult. With a six year old camera, older lens (L though it may be), and a $100 editing monitor, "borderline" is my middle name.

Edited to add: Accepted on appeal.

Comment

Hi everyone. This was rejected for Over processed/Bad post processing. I went back and looked at the raw in DPP4 and I added .67 EV and +2 on shadows. For post processing I used my normal and workflow to crop, adjust levels, and sharpen for which I've been rewarded with a 76% acceptance rate. Where did I go wrong? I'm a little new to raw pre-processing so I suspect this rejection may be a result of that, and admittedly this shot was less than ideal (slighly underexposed and softer than I'd like) out of the camera but salvageable for a unique aircraft. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Rejected photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10615202

Before/ after comparison in DPP4:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	1148565

Comment

Hi everyone. This was rejected for Over processed/Bad post processing. I went back and looked at the raw in DPP4 and I added .67 EV and +2 on shadows. For post processing I used my normal and workflow to crop, adjust levels, and sharpen for which I've been rewarded with a 76% acceptance rate. Where did I go wrong? I'm a little new to raw pre-processing so I suspect this rejection may be a result of that, and admittedly this shot was less than ideal (slighly underexposed and softer than I'd like) out of the camera but salvageable for a unique aircraft. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Editing halos visible. Don't touch/use the shadow/highlight tool (or clarity, vibrance, etc.), especially against a blue sky.

Also, please bookmark your thread so I don't need to keep moving your posts

Comment

Before/ after comparison in DPP4:
                Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	1148565
                I would also add, that there is a very obvious dust spot at the bottom of the picture, not sure, how the screenerer could miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

I would also add, that there is a very obvious dust spot at the bottom of the picture, not sure, how the screenerer could miss it.
                  Because it looks nothing like a dust spot? Obviously the tail of another aircraft or something else.

Might want to be extra certain in the future before commenting on anything you can't be sure 'how the screened could miss it'

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Because it looks nothing like a dust spot? Obviously the tail of another aircraft or something else.

Might want to be extra certain in the future before commenting on anything you can't be sure 'how the screened could miss it'
                    I did not mean it anyhow offensively and sorry if it sounded like that. But to me it does not seem to be recognisable as a bird or something, so I assumed it could be potentially problematic for the kind of rejection.
                    And to be honest, we are all humans, so I thought it could have been just overlooked although I also assumed, that screeners are much more used to looking for such things. But again I did not mean it anyhow in a bad way.

Comment

Working...
                    X