Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreground Clutter Query

Hello all,

Would the cargo loader at the front of the aircraft result in a rejection for foreground clutter, or is it acceptable?

Thank you,
    Mitch

Click image for larger version

Name:	810_9325.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	1046456
    View me on JetPhotos

Unfortunatly Yes.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Really?

It is such a nice and atmospheric pic ,the obstruction is minor and the loader adds imo something to the Scene.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        Unfortunatly Yes.
        No problems, thank you for answering!
        View me on JetPhotos

Comment

i would agree with comet it adds something to the picture. great photo meeshboi i really like it

Comment

I agree with Comet and Jake. The obstruction consists of nothing more than a thin horizontal handrail. If it had been a large part of the loader then it would be another matter. Still, rules are rules I suppose !
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Probably we will never find out what the screeners would have decided. But I do hope that there is a little flexibiliy in the screening process to get such a good pic accepted. It would be very sad if it would be rejected only to follow strictly the rules.

Comment

If you want a screener to give you a head-sup on this, post this query in the Digital photo processing forum here:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forumdi...ocessing-Forum

Create a new post, and title it with your name and 'pre-screening' in the title - Dana responds promptly in that forum.

Comment

Question : "...is it acceptable ?"
                  Answer : "Unfortunately yes ?"

Conclusion : regretfully acceptable....

Comment

Y’all kill me with all your rules and attitudes.

There is this art aspect to photos, but you seem to frequently miss the boat.

Personally, I don’t like the pic...there’s an airplane and a loader fighting for my attention.

I think I would go to cargoloadingphotos.net, and see it you could somehow get the loader as the subject and maybe the plane as an out of focused, but hopefully meaningful, but not distracting background. Probably crop out most of the plane so it STILL tells the story, but doesn’t complete for being THE focus of attention.

Really, it needs to be a new shot from the ramp.

Of course they probably just want the loader cropped to the hilt with near zero background and some anal rules about lighting, dust spots and histogram adjustments...
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                    X