X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YsMilan - Pre-screening Advice

Hi,
    About foreground clutter
    I know this red fire extinguisher is a little too striking,And a little too close to the plane,But it didn't block the plane.
    Will it lead to a foreground clutter rejection?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PLAAF-10156_2127.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	771.7 KB
ID:	1046462

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
    Hi,
    About foreground clutter
    I know this red fire extinguisher is a little too striking,And a little too close to the plane,But it didn't block the plane.
    Will it lead to a foreground clutter rejection?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28517[/ATTACH]
    Borderline, but IMO acceptable.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

About Obstruction/Clutter
      This 737-500 is an airplane purchased by a local school for teaching purposes and is being assembled at Kunming Airport.
      A small part of the aircraft is blocked by working supports
      In the upload guidelines I read:"Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot"
      I want to know if it meets the exception.
      Thank you.

Name:	N240AT_1557.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	1104913

Comment

About Obstruction/Clutter
        This 737-500 is an airplane purchased by a local school for teaching purposes and is being assembled at Kunming Airport.
        A small part of the aircraft is blocked by working supports
        In the upload guidelines I read:"Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot"
        I want to know if it meets the exception.
        Thank you.

Name:	N240AT_1557.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	1104913
        Probably doesn't meet the exception, since I assume the equipment will be removed at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Probably doesn't meet the exception, since I assume the equipment will be removed at some point?
          The information I obtained before is wrong. Today I saw that it is being disassembled. Maybe this is the last complete picture of it.
          Can this be a reason to accept photos?

Name:	屏幕截图 2020-12-17 200204.png
Views:	136
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	1105035

Comment

The information I obtained before is wrong. Today I saw that it is being disassembled. Maybe this is the last complete picture of it.
            Can this be a reason to accept photos?

Name:	屏幕截图 2020-12-17 200204.png
Views:	136
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	1105035
            This image cannot be uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

This image cannot be uploaded.
              Sorry, I mean the picture above, the picture below is just to illustrate its current state.

Comment

Sorry, I mean the picture above, the picture below is just to illustrate its current state.
                You can include a comment to the screeners when uploading that there was no way to avoid the obstruction and that it will not be reassembled, and the it will be up to whoever screens it to decide.

Comment

On the problem of Similar photo,A photo of a B-6905 aircraft I just took has almost the same angle as the photos I accepted before, but the difference is that it adds Sharklet
                  winglets. Is this acceptable?

Name:	49537_1492926034.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	1124722

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	1124723

Comment

On the problem of Similar photo,A photo of a B-6905 aircraft I just took has almost the same angle as the photos I accepted before, but the difference is that it adds Sharklet
                    winglets. Is this acceptable?
                    Not similar, but be sure to leave a comment pointing out the equipment change.

Comment

Hello,I'm not good at English, I try to say things clearly.

I feel depressed.
                      Here's the thing, I was at Xi'an Airport that day, the weather was fine, but the air was polluted.As a JP uploader with some experience (3200 photos,80%Accept ratio), I know that I should avoid shooting on cloudy days, the contrast will be too low, but the photos taken that day should meet the requirements, although the sky is a little gray,but the sun can reach the plane.
                      I think this is up to the standard,what happened after that also seems to confirm this, the first 10 photos I uploaded accecped the screening.
                      Here are the two photos accecped:
                      B-1156. Boeing 737-446(SF). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

D-ABUD. Boeing 767-330(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

But today, 4 photos are all rejected,rejection reason:Too much or too little contrast:
                      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This confuses me, the processing is almost the same, why the front can accecped?I looked at the histograms and they are all almost the same:

Name:	071254.png
Views:	145
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1130469

Now the question is, do I need to increase the contrast of the photo?Continuing to increase may make the photo look weird in my opinion.There are still 14 photos in the queue, should I delete them and reprocess them?

Comment

Just a hunch but maybe there is too much contrast because of the red on the livery? Maybe try de-saturating the red a little? I may be completely wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by LewisW295 View Post
                          Just a hunch but maybe there is too much contrast because of the red on the livery? Maybe try de-saturating the red a little? I may be completely wrong though
                          uh, i picked two pictures with a lot of red
                          Maybe there is this problem,Canon cameras are indeed prone to red oversaturation,But I don't know if this is the reason for the rejection.
                          Here's a photo that's not too red,also have too much or too little contrast:

Comment

As you can see, the bottom histogram looks very similar but it is shifted further to the right.

It can be difficult to get the right contrast when the sun is in that position and you're shooting against a blue sky.

Try underexposing by 1/3 or 2/3, and make the blacks darker. Do not add contrast using the contrast slider
                            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I wonder if a close-up photo like this is acceptable?About the special emblem of "The world's first C919",I kept the window above to show this is on a plane.Thanks.

Name:	B-919A_8439.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	484.4 KB
ID:	1169513

Comment

Working...
                              X