zephyrmk4 - editing/screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zephyrmk4 - editing/screening advice

Hello everyone, I recently had these photos rejected for Un-sharpened (Soft) and some with Dirty Scan/CMOS Dust spots.

I dont really understand why they were rejected as the sharpness and range is basically the same as my other photos in the DB, and for the Dirty Scan, that makes no sense as there are no dust spots that I can spot in the photos, the screeners may have been confused with the smoke and clouds in the background but I'd appreciate and explenation for both.

other than that cheers!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7563218

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by zephyrmk4 View Post
    Hello everyone, I recently had these photos rejected for Un-sharpened (Soft) and some with Dirty Scan/CMOS Dust spots.

I dont really understand why they were rejected as the sharpness and range is basically the same as my other photos in the DB, and for the Dirty Scan, that makes no sense as there are no dust spots that I can spot in the photos, the screeners may have been confused with the smoke and clouds in the background but I'd appreciate and explenation for both.

other than that cheers!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7563218

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7563146
    Click image for larger version

Name:	28829_1567935453.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	700.8 KB
ID:	1042682Click image for larger version

Name:	60263_1567933693.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1042683Click image for larger version

Name:	61343_1567934036.jpg
Size:	716.4 KB
ID:	1042684Click image for larger version

Name:	90009_1567933833.jpg
Size:	760.9 KB
ID:	1042685

Odd that the 'smoke and clouds' all have the same circular shape and appear in the same spot in the frame, don't you think?

Better that you check your rejections a little more carefully. There is even a check for dust tool on each of the rejected image's pages.

Comment

If you equalise all of your rejected photos, you will see the dust spots in the photos.

Comment

Geez Bugger me, I looked at the dust spot checker multiple times but didn't even notice that it's so obvious too, I must be blind!
        Sorry, but any explanation on the Sharpness?

Comment

Images are a touch soft, but shouldn't need much work to address the issue.

Comment

Geez Bugger me, I looked at the dust spot checker multiple times but didn't even notice that it's so obvious too, I must be blind!
            Come on... the dust post indicated is huge!

And if you ask me, the two Air New Zealand photos additionaly suffer from an overprocessing halo around the mid-fuselage & tail painted black.

Comment

Sorry, Thanks!

Comment

Obstruction Rejection?

In the photo attached, would it get rejected for obstruction due to the reflective poles?

Cheers
                Attached Files

Comment

Kia Ora, The 2 small yellow poles are just in the way!

n.b they will have to limit you uploads at some point mate!

Comment

In the photo attached, would it get rejected for obstruction due to the reflective poles?
                    Yes.

Also, when you get a chance, please read here (in particular, #4)

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Comment

Evening everyone,

would someone mind giving me some feedback on this photo what ever it may be. Im yet to upload a photo to screening that is of this angle.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7742.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	1099927

Comment

Evening everyone,

would someone mind giving me some feedback on this photo what ever it may be. Im yet to upload a photo to screening that is of this angle.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7742.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	1099927
                        Some light editing halos are visible, but other than that, it should be acceptable.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback on the last one.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9403.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	841.0 KB
ID:	1101408
                          In the past, I've had some troubles with uploading wing view shots. However, looking back at them now I can see the problems quite clearly, I'm feeling more confident about this one however I'm unsure on a few spots. Would the window frame on the right be acceptable? Along with that, any other points would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

Appreciate the feedback on the last one.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9403.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	841.0 KB
ID:	1101408
                            In the past, I've had some troubles with uploading wing view shots. However, looking back at them now I can see the problems quite clearly, I'm feeling more confident about this one however I'm unsure on a few spots. Would the window frame on the right be acceptable? Along with that, any other points would be much appreciated!

Cheers
                            Window frame is ok; horizon is a bit off. This kind of framing is subjective, but I don't see anything that immediately disqualifies it. The only issue for me is the dirt/reflection on the window.

Comment

Originally posted by zephyrmk4
                              Thanks for the reply, would the dirt on the window lead to a rejection in this case?
                              It would for me, but couldn't be certain about other screeners.

Comment

Working...
                              X