Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop vs. Jetphotos

Hi all,

I have again had pictures rejected due to vignetting after a good time without those issues. I am using a aperture of f/6.3 which is a little higher than the recommened f/5.6.

I might have found a problem with the tool used to check for dust spots/vignetting.

The attached picture below is saved from Photoshop with equalizing on and the link below is from the Jetphotos dust spot/vignetting check
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D-ABYQc190919Equilized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1046491
    Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

As you can see there is quite a difference in the outcome of those two and I would like to point out this isnīt any critisism of Jetphotos or the screeners but a legit question to the difference.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Full sun shot an you talk about recommended 5.6 ? Sorry but anything lower than F8.0 on such light conditions is somehow a risk for vignetting

Kind Regards
    Alex

Comment

On sunny days it might be better using shutter priority instead of aperture priority. I normally use around 800 of a second on sunny days.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
        Hi all,

I have again had pictures rejected due to vignetting after a good time without those issues. I am using a aperture of f/6.3 which is a little higher than the recommened f/5.6.

I might have found a problem with the tool used to check for dust spots/vignetting.

The attached picture below is saved from Photoshop with equalizing on and the link below is from the Jetphotos dust spot/vignetting check
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]29063[/ATTACH]
        Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

As you can see there is quite a difference in the outcome of those two and I would like to point out this isnīt any critisism of Jetphotos or the screeners but a legit question to the difference.
        Irrelevant whether there is a difference between the two equalized versions, as the original image is screened, not the equalized one. If your images are being rejected for vignetting, that vignetting is visible regardless of how it looks equalized, JP or PS version.

As mentioned, stop your aperture down a bit if you want to avoid such an effect, as there is really no reason to open it up that much on a bright sunny day for such types of images.

Comment

Thank you for your advice and feedback, much appriciated.
          Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hi guys,
            Apparently there are still some issues between the tools used by JP and photoshop.
            I just had this picture rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7641140 with over processed / bad postprocessing which I appealed and got this note from the screener Too much vignette correction resulting in brighter edges.

This of course surprised me along with the other 4 rejected photos which I honestly is very surprised of.

Th picture below shows a equlized photos of the Air Namibia that was rejected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	V5-ANOd190919equlized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1043424
            Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
              Hi guys,
              Apparently there are still some issues between the tools used by JP and photoshop.
              I just had this picture rejected https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7641140 with over processed / bad postprocessing which I appealed and got this note from the screener Too much vignette correction resulting in brighter edges.

This of course surprised me along with the other 4 rejected photos which I honestly is very surprised of.

Th picture below shows a equlized photos of the Air Namibia that was rejected.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29408[/ATTACH]
              One can even see the brighter edges in the attached thumbnail.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
              X