Careers in Aviation dwindling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can convince the passengers
    My dear threadstarter, that's where I stopped reading more. I am a passenger. And nobody convinced me during the last 41 years, and nobody will for the next 410 years.

Kent, you really seem like a jetphotos newbie, with only 8 forum entries in almost 4 years. So let me tell you what happened here during the last 15 years.

We discussed cases like AF #447. Don't tell me that weren't connected to too much computers on board a (longhaul) jet. 228 souls died, zero survivors. And why. The F/O and PF tried to pull out his stick out of that Airbus A330, at FL350 (!)
    !
    And why did he try something insane/stupid like that. Not enough training on the longhaul, not enough training in an Airbus A330-200 (!), not enough training on A332 with MTOW, not enough training... not enough training!!!

And why not enough training. Because back then everybody thought that an Airbus A330-200 is able to fly when all the two pilots in cockpit are sleeping!

Epic fail, the biggest epic fail in aviation since I am a jetphotos forum member! But Thank You for your opinion, Kent.

PS: 2000 $ or more, Gabe, we do talk about US-$, don't we, for a computer that runs fsXI, or as you call it msfs 2020? I should publish a secret now. I have never spent 2000 US-$ for a computer. That includes the machine which I use today to operate Randazzos LH-B744 QOTSI fsx semi pro simulator. ...

$2k+ .., do you know that an economy seat on board a LH-B744 between Germany and Vancouver nonstop return flight was only 1000 Euros?! And that was during the Olympic Winter games in Vancouver 2010, when ALL Germans tried to reach Canada, and many thought, 1000 Euros is a little bit too much. That included me.
    Gabe, am I your travel agency and your computer advisor? I'd love to.
    Probably we should talk..
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2019-10-18, 04:25. Reason: $2k+ ... what the hell are you tryin to buy lol.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

LH, can you pick a computer for me that would run MSFS 2020 with a reasonable graphic quality and a reasonable frame rate (and I am not super demanding about frame rates) for U$S 1000 or less?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Yeah... You could almost get a 17th-hand J-3 for that kind of money and live (and possibly die) in the real world.
        ...which has surprisingly good 3D graphics!
        Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
          ...which has surprisingly good 3D graphics!
          4D. 3D + Newton.

Comment

Working...
          X