Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valiii - editing advice, halo around aircraft - Nikon

Hello Jetphoto Community

Recently, I have severe problems with my Nikon D7100 and Nikkor 80-400mm 4.5 - 5.6 objective, in some light conditions creating dark halo around the aircraft. This is visible only when activating the function "check for dust" after uploading the photo. I use Lightroom for editing, taking care of not pushing up the darks too much.
    I suspect that the objective is relatively old and might need a deep clean. What else can I do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-12 um 09.16.47.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1046496
    Photo as an example

Check option D-Lightning in your camera and turn it off. Also halos are effects of highlights and clarity in LR

Comment

Originally posted by valiii View Post
      Hello Jetphoto Community

Recently, I have severe problems with my Nikon D7100 and Nikkor 80-400mm 4.5 - 5.6 objective, in some light conditions creating dark halo around the aircraft. This is visible only when activating the function "check for dust" after uploading the photo. I use Lightroom for editing, taking care of not pushing up the darks too much.
      I suspect that the objective is relatively old and might need a deep clean. What else can I do?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29214[/ATTACH]
      Photo as an example
      Nothing to do with your lens (objective), and everything to do with settings/editing. As mentioned, D-lighting is a common culprit for Nikon users, and when editing features like shadow/highlight, clarity, vibrance, de-haze are suspect. Try editing a new version from the raw file with all sliders set to 0, and you will almost certainly see the halos disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        D-lighting is a common culprit for Nikon users,
        Yes, confirmed through my own experience. Really a pain in the rear side in avphotography especially with newer digital N-cameras...

Comment

Working...
        X