A rare find....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rare find....

Well, I collect airline magazines and boarding passes, and I was really excited last night!

My dad (who came to America from India in 1989) recently went back to India for a visit, and he brought back some letters that were written to his family in 1989 about me as a baby (I am born in 198. And I was reading about how I used to crap in the middle of the room and leave, how I used to wake up in the middle of the night for no reason and just stay up until morining, yada yada.... when....

I flipped to the last pages of the file, and I felt as though I had hit the motherlode. My dad is the only person in our family that has flown with Juan Trippe's Pan Am, and he never really said much about it. What popped out is the following:

2 Pan Am boarding passes (Bombay-JFK and JFK-BOS) dated 1989

1 Pan Am Shuttle boarding pass (It's an orange color, and it says "from NEW YORK LAGUARDIA ALL PAN AM SHUTTLE FLIGHTS ARE OPEN SEATING") dated 1989

2 Original paper tickets with flight info etc in it dated 1989

2 Ticket covers (ONe has Gate 36 scrawled on it with a pen)

1 DATAPRO business card for my dad from when he wore bell-bottoms

1 Pan Am Inflight duty free shop catalogue dated July 1, 1989. It's only 20 pages or so, but its still pretty interesting

1 inflight magazine from Indian Airlines. Their Magazine is called "Swagat" which means welcome in Hindi. The mag is dated August 1984. I almost skipped a beat when I saw teh date....

so I'm extraordinarily happy. My dad took the role of a merchant caravan and brought back spices, cloth, and a watch for me..... And also 8 infliht magazines from his trip, real Cadbury's chocolate, and a ton of other stuff....

Has anything like this happened to you guys? I'm sure it has since i am one of the younger people on this board..

Whoa! Keep that Pan Am stuff in a safe place!
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

definetly a good find!
      He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

bin it, it is no use

LOL jusk kidding great find. Keep them i have some Old Australian Airlines and Ansett your are not the only once
        Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Sweet Dude!!!

I found something a lot less rare, but it was cool and b4 my time(i was born in 1990)

my dad was cleaning out his old room when we were visiting my grandparents in Minneapolis last august. Then, he found a box, and gave it to me. Inside was:

2 Northwest orient boarding passes (MSP-SFO and SFO-MSP)

3 Northwest Airlines boarding passes (MSP-SFO) (BOS-MSP) (MSP-LAS)

2 Sun Country boarding passess dated in 1983 when SY was new and only had 722's (LAS-MSP) (MSP-LAX)

1 Braniff boarding pass (DFW-SFO)

Northwest Airlines brochure with pockets holding route maps, pilot wings, a glider, and terminal maps

Sun Country Route map

TWA L-1011 Saftey Card

United 727-200 Saftey Card

Northwest DC-9 saftey card

Sun Country DC-10 Saftey Card

MSP terminal/Airport map from 1985

Skylights magizine(from a Spirit Airlines MD-80)

a snap togeather Mesaba Saab 340

Packet about MSP's "Airport Days" with a quiz and facts about MSP(1982)

A pic of the fist 747 to land at MSP(Its a Northwest 741 that was on its first day and in the orient colors)

and a pic of Mesaba's anniversery Saab 340

It was Great!

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Re: A rare find....

Originally posted by ATLcenter
            I used to crap in the middle of the room and leave
            that part of the story has more value than any airline memorabilia.
            www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Whats the rarity of a concorde saftey manual, in flight menu, about the concorde book (got off the plane), 6 or 7 post cards, and concorde stamps?
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                Whats the rarity of a concorde saftey manual, in flight menu, about the concorde book (got off the plane), 6 or 7 post cards, and concorde stamps?

I would put it up on ebay for $80 or somewhere around there and I bet a few people would bid for it.

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

no i think ill keep it and let it depreciate
                  -Kevin

Comment

do you mean appricate?

Comment

I was joking, but yess ill let it sit there for a while.
                      -Kevin

Comment

ahhhhhhhh i thought so

Comment

Working...
                        X