Airband radio recievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airband radio recievers

Hi. Soon I should be recieving a radio reciever. It is the Maycom AR-108. Do any of you have one? Tell us about yours and which frequencies do you use most of which airport.

Comment

I just got Sporty's SP-125. It's a decent transciever...wish it would pick up signals better though from my house (a few miles from the nearest airport).
      Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

My local airport is Manchester (EGCC,MAN) and I live 23 miles away with my radio on my window-sill and I can hear almost every transmission from there

Comment

777 captain. i think we caught up in my scanner topic in the off topic section. I am waiting to get my Maycom AR-108 that ive also orded. Its new years day so i dont think couriers are working. Because it is due in about today, and if not defiently tomorrow

cant wait

Comment

is there any way to listen to the atc- pilot convo's or is that illegal ?
            you might be an island hopper pilot if:

1. Turning on the airconditioning involves opening the cockpit window

2. The cabin door is in need of ductape

Comment

Originally posted by nox
              is there any way to listen to the atc- pilot convo's or is that illegal ?
              That is what an "airband receiver" is, it receives all transmissions on the frequency range that aircraft and ATC use.

Transmitting is illegal. That would involve using a transceiver instead of just a receiver. They can actually be bought at pilot stores and over the internet for several hundred dollars.

In some European countries, I think that the receivers may actually be illegal too. I think this was from previous interference..

Comment

In the UK listening to airband communications without a licence, or the authorisation to do so directly contravenes the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1949, so yes you are breaking the law in the UK, though it is rarely enforced.

Comment

Working...
                X