Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pluna: Start MVD-MIA with 757.

TAM: Disappear. Varig will take over.

LanChile: Create LanArgentina, LanColombia, LanVenezuela, LanUruguay, LanBolivia, LanPanamá, LanUSA, LanDeutschland, LanFrance, LanKazakhstan, LanAfghanistan, LanBostwana, LanMalawi, LanCookIslands ...they seem unstoppable!!

Grupo TACA: Join Star Alliance.

Aerolíneas Argentinas: Suffer a lot because of that damn EZE-MAD-PEK-PVG route.

Cubana: Same than always. Receive their "new" IL-62.

Comment

I have got some requests asking if they could here my 2004 predictations. So here they are:

AA will try to avoid STL at all cost's

jetblue dose BOS-RSW to compet with song

NWA will replace most dc10s with a333s and nwa will fly 753s to BOS

delta will start more international serivce out of BOS with 777s

delta will get crj900s
      It's me, fristclass with a new name
      ----------------------------------------
      The next airline I fly with will be song : )

Comment

Here are some about BOS...

DL will add CRJs to:
        CAE
        BUF
        IND
        CHS
        PIT
        PHL
        GSO
        ORF

US will try to compete, but fail

Song will fly to the same cities

JBLU will add:
        JFK
        RSW
        PBI
        OAK
        IAD

EMB-190

Comment

sounds great, but delta already dose crjs bos-phl
          It's me, fristclass with a new name
          ----------------------------------------
          The next airline I fly with will be song : )

Comment

delta will start more international serivce out of BOS with 777s
            They will have to get more 777s first.
            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

I'll get my instrument b4 Adam.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

I expect the following to happen next year:

Cathay Pacific will gain full clearance to operate 3x daily HKG-PEK, 3x daily HKG-PVG (Shanghai/Pudong), and 3x weekly HKG-XMN (Xiamen); will probably resume flying HKG-ZRH, and will begin operating LHR-JFK, opening up a RTW route (HKG-LHR-JFK-YVR-HKG and vice-versa) with full traffic rights on all sectors

EgyptAir will finally begin flying CAI-HKG, possibly with a stop in BKK

American Airlines will probably start competing with United on the ORD-HKG run

MEA - Middle East Airlines will expand quite rapidly and lease new aircraft, joining Skyteam in late 2004

Alitalia will return to HKG from MXP if they acquire enough 772ERs

Mekong Airlines will start up again and operate from PNH (Phnom Penh) to KUL, SIN and HKG and a few domestic Cambodian destinations

Dragonair will also expand by launching flights to NRT from HKG and might reinstate services to Hiroshima and Sendai when traffic on those routes return

Overall, I'm expecting the year 2004 to be a good one for aviation.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Air France
                  The regional unit will be left operating on its brands namely Brit'Air, Regional and CityJet
                  The fleet standardization of the latter will start upscale by the order of
                  -a combination of 39 ERJ170s and 29 ERJ 190s, deliveries will start pretty soon afterwards
                  -aircraft replaced on a one by one basis by the 170s
                  *Brit'Air CRJ700s, REG Fokker 70s + fleet expansion
                  -aircraft to be replaced by the 190s
                  *All Fokker 100s and Cityjet 146s
                  -another order for 25 ERJ135/145 to replace DB CRJ200s and altogether standardize on the ERJ.
                  A number of new entrants will get a proposal from AF : get your bread and butter by taking up operations of 19 seaters and other turboprops(Beech 1900D / Brasilias and ATR42s & 72 )still currently operated by regional division
                  Air France main line
                  *will add up to 15/18 747-400LRs supplyed by ILFC
                  *more 772s/773s and 332s
                  *start phasing out earlier 343s and last 737s around.
                  *in addition to Canton, will upgrade into daily status Saigon (772), Hanoi (332), Manila (332), Bombay (772), New Delhi (332), Yaoundé (332 and a clear cut CDG-NSI non stop), Bogota (772) and Caracas (still a 343)
                  *cities getting their own O&D Singapore (daily 772), Douala (daily 772)
                  *cities added, Dallas (return, daily 332), Detroit (daily, initialy a 332)
                  Kuala Lumpore (return, daily 332 now, then a 772 with winter scheds)
                  Pnom Penh (intially 3 weekly, 332 flying further to Jakarta)
                  *AFR back to DOWNUNDER CDG-(either BEY or MCT or CMB)-SYD (daily 772/744LR), but will NOT return to Nouméa !
                  Long hauls upgraded to twice daily this year ; San Francisco/Los Angeles/Osaka(all with 772s).
                  Triple 7 on Bombai, Bogota, Douala, Abidjan, Dakar.
                  British Airways
                  Thanks to new EEC regulations, the UK won't need to conclude a new agreement to replace Bermuda 3 and altogether put itself on the same footing as France/Germany/The Netherlands.... So BA will be at last able to set a fully integrated alliance with American .. AH AH !!!
                  Cameroon Airlines
                  The f**cken gvt still in position will be forced to conduct clear elections
                  2004 call for presidential elections next September. Current holder loses them by a landslide(77 %), John Fruh Ndie new prez. The airline gets new management by re-calling Yves Michel Fotso who puts forward his condtions starting with a wholly free end. Barely (re)assignated, YMF vows to turn Camair into another Ethiopian Airlines. Fleet already on re-working
                  Either 6 332s + 3 319s + 3 321s or 6 763s + 3 737-700s and 3 737-800s
                  Whichever the choice, expect to see same number of regional aircrafts around.
                  Back to London(LGW), Frankfurt
                  Daily no stop to Dakar, Abidjan, Bamako, Johannesburg for starters
                  Germania
                  will literrally pester AF to sell today's DB and REG Fokker 70s and 100s
                  MEA
                  Hub at Khaldé will come into full light
                  More to come
                  Regards
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

AA doesn't even fly to Tokyo.
                    But if UA sells its Asian arm..............................
                    Fly From the 27th Busiest U.S Airport.....

Fort Lauderdale International Airport
                    Nonstop Service to over 60 Destinations
                    And
                    The Home of Spirit Airlines

Comment

2004 prediction: Jeffinden and GrantT joining the mile high club together!

Comment

2004 predictions

AA doesn't even fly to Tokyo
                        AA does fly to Tokyo. They fly 10x weekly I believe from DFW, daily from ORD and will start LAX-NRT in 2004.

Comment

Alain, AF doesn't fly to Nouméa? I thought it was such a mandatory thing for them to fly to the DOM and TOM.

Comment

Marcos
                            It used to be mandatory
                            AF dumped Noumea on summer 2002 for following reasons
                            -landing and parking fees too expensive
                            -limited market expension
                            -limited size of the island market
                            -last route was CDG-NRT-NOU operated twice weekly, 343.
                            Officially they serve NOU, in fact they code-share with Air Calin to/from NRT.
                            Other outposts either ignored or shuned for a reason or another and altogether never served by AF even thru a codeshare.
                            StPierre et Miquelon, Dzaoudzi/Mayotte.
                            Saludos
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Sorry, I meant AA doesn't fly to Hong Kong.
                              Fly From the 27th Busiest U.S Airport.....

Fort Lauderdale International Airport
                              Nonstop Service to over 60 Destinations
                              And
                              The Home of Spirit Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                                Marcos
                                It used to be mandatory
                                AF dumped Noumea on summer 2002 for following reasons
                                -landing and parking fees too expensive
                                -limited market expension
                                -limited size of the island market
                                -last route was CDG-NRT-NOU operated twice weekly, 343.
                                Officially they serve NOU, in fact they code-share with Air Calin to/from NRT.
                                Other outposts either ignored or shuned for a reason or another and altogether never served by AF even thru a codeshare.
                                StPierre et Miquelon, Dzaoudzi/Mayotte.
                                Saludos
                                Alain
                                Et après vous vous plaignez les Francais parce que les DOM/TOM veulent leur indépendance! Si même Air France ne vole pas vers là-bas.

Comment

Working...
                                X