No announcement yet.

Most Famous Person you ever met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Jimmy Doolittle - Aviation Pioneer, WW-II Hero. Met while he was goose hunting at Cold Bay, Alaska 1967, again 1968.
    2. Tony LaVier- Test Pilot, Lockheed Aircraft. Met at Bracket Air Service 1964.
    3. Robert W. Prescott - Member AVG (American Volunteer Group), President, CEO, Founder Flying Tigers. Met while working for FTL 1966 through 1989.
    4. Greg (Pappy) Boyington - Member AVG, "Bah Bah Black Sheep". Met while working for FTL, AVG reunion.
    5. Robert (Dick Rossi - Member AVG, Pilot Flying Tiger Line. Met while working at FTL.
    6. Tex Hill - E.O. AVG. Met at AVG reunion.
    7. Earnest (Buzz) Loane - Flight Leader AVG, Pilot Flying Tiger Line. Met while working at FTL.
    8. Gen. (Ret.) Chuck Yeager - First man to exceed the sound barrier. Commanding officer Norton AFB (1970's). Met at Norton AFB while working at FTL.
    9. Dick and Bert Rutan, Gena Yeager - Pilots / Designer Voyager, First aircraft to fly around the world, non-stop, unrefueled. Met at Mojave airport and several locations around the Antelope Valley.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      Rahul Dravid
      Originally posted by Airigami
      * Many cricketers such as Ian Chappell, Shane Warne and Jonty Rhodes.
      You lucky guys.
      I live in Bollywoodville & have seem most actor-actresses (however i'm not at all a fan of bollywood stuff so............)
      All i really wanted to see & meet is my Idol, God himself - Sachin Tendulkar & despite living only a few kilometers from him, havent seen him up-close yet !!

Btw, Yo Monty you can get a Aussie cricket cap signed by Shane Warne for me mate ?

Cheers - Vishal

Comment

F1:
        1: James Hunt
        2: Jody Scheckter (our fathers played golf together)
        3: John Surtees
        4: Dave Charlton (local F1 champ of 70's - his daughters and my daughters compete in Highland and Irish Dancing)
        Golf:
        1: Gary Player (his daughter, Jenny, and I were at school together)
        RobB

Comment

James May (top gear)

Capt Eric Brown (RN test pilot)
          Roland Beamont (TSR2 test pilot)
          Peter Twiss
          Neville Duke
          John Farley

Comment

Cris Collinsworth
            Marvin Lewis
            Oscar Robertson
            Cliff Robertson
            Bryant Gumbel
            John Madden
            Jerome Bettis
            Shannon Sharpe
            Carlos Polk
            Dave Cowans
            Steve Fossett
            Sally Ride
            Joe Paterno
            Eileen Collins
            Marion Blakey
            Brian J. Terwilliger
            Dick Rutan
            James Nachtwey
            Frederick Smith
            Walter Payton
            Jerry Springer

That's all that pop into my head as of right now...I might update if I think of the others I've met throughout my years. The list could go on and on. The perks of being a photographer.
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara
              You lucky guys.
              I live in Bollywoodville & have seem most actor-actresses (however i'm not at all a fan of bollywood stuff so............)
              All i really wanted to see & meet is my Idol, God himself - Sachin Tendulkar & despite living only a few kilometers from him, havent seen him up-close yet !!

Btw, Yo Monty you can get a Aussie cricket cap signed by Shane Warne for me mate ?

Cheers - Vishal
              I am surprised there are any cricket heroes left in India right now.
              warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by el
                I am surprised there are any cricket heroes left in India right now.
                Sorry mate but i didnt quite get that, would you mind rephrasing that for me ?

Comment

I guess I can update mine since my last post here was in 2004.

1. President George W. Bush and his family (He was then Texas Gov. @ the time.)
                  2. Reiko Aylesworth (Actress who played Michelle on "24" and is the person in my avatar.)
                  3. Phil Gramm (Former US Senator from Texas)
                  4. Shannon Fill (Actress who was on Star Trek: TNG and some other stuff in the 1990's, but has since disappeared.)

I'm forgetting one more I met a couple of years ago at Texas A&M, but I just cannot remember who it is.

Comment

I met Ronald McDonald back in the early 90's, I even got a photo taken with him.

Comment

Don - definitely a list that any aviation enthusiast would be proud of.

Originally posted by Dmmoore
                      1. Jimmy Doolittle - Aviation Pioneer, WW-II Hero. Met while he was goose hunting at Cold Bay, Alaska 1967, again 1968.
                      2. Tony LaVier- Test Pilot, Lockheed Aircraft. Met at Bracket Air Service 1964.
                      3. Robert W. Prescott - Member AVG (American Volunteer Group), President, CEO, Founder Flying Tigers. Met while working for FTL 1966 through 1989.
                      4. Greg (Pappy) Boyington - Member AVG, "Bah Bah Black Sheep". Met while working for FTL, AVG reunion.
                      5. Robert (Dick Rossi - Member AVG, Pilot Flying Tiger Line. Met while working at FTL.
                      6. Tex Hill - E.O. AVG. Met at AVG reunion.
                      7. Earnest (Buzz) Loane - Flight Leader AVG, Pilot Flying Tiger Line. Met while working at FTL.
                      8. Gen. (Ret.) Chuck Yeager - First man to exceed the sound barrier. Commanding officer Norton AFB (1970's). Met at Norton AFB while working at FTL.
                      9. Dick and Bert Rutan, Gena Yeager - Pilots / Designer Voyager, First aircraft to fly around the world, non-stop, unrefueled. Met at Mojave airport and several locations around the Antelope Valley.
                      Terry
                      Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
                      How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                        I've meet Alexander P Trude! But how cool would it be to meet Jordan Duncan!
                        Oh, I'll bet.

So I hear an interesting gift was exchanged to the Trudester.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Myself.
                          "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. At Burghley Horse Trials, Lincolnshire, UK while treating her daughter, The Princess Royal, Princess Anne after she went arse over tits at the water jump. Anne acquired my undying respect when she surfaced and told the assembled press photographers to "please fuck orf "
                            Her Majesty came into the medical tent to check on Anne.

I had previously met Anne and Prince Charles when I worked for a security printing company. Charles gave the impression of regarding the print machines as being nasty, noisy, messy machines. Anne on the other hand had her security detail horrified by climbing all over the machines with her long hair flowing.

All those years later at Burghley she astonished me by saying "I know you, we've met before ? " The conversation that followed was like a nice chat between friends. A truly down to earth lady. Meeting her mum was the icing on the cake.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Fred Haise
                              Pete Conrad
                              Bert Rutan
                              Joe Kittinger
                              Greg LeMond

Comment

Hmmm,

Chuck Yeager
                                Ernest K. Gann (Aviation author)
                                Bud Day (Medal of honor recipient)
                                Travis Hoover (Pilot of the number 2 aircraft off the USS Hornet during the Doolittle raid)

CV Glines (Aviation author)
                                Clay Lacy

Sig Hanson (Skipper of the Northwestern on Deadliest Catch)
                                Keith Colburn (Skipper of the Wizard on Deadliest Catch)

People I "almost" met

Leo Thorsness (POW, MOH recipient)
                                Gerald Ford (He was a passenger on my first flight with my present employer back in 1998. Never got the chance to say hello or shake his hand).
                                The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Working...
                                X