Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Landing of a Flight you have been on!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Landing of a Flight you have been on!!!

IN 2002 I was on a KLM Boeing 747-400 (name of the B744 was Bangkok) from Minneapolise to Amsterdam, and the Landing in Amsterdam was so good i didnt even really feel that we were on the ground already, the captain just roled that plane on to the runway absolutely amazing.

On which flight have YOU had the Best Landing???

In August 2001 on a flight from London LGW to Puerto Plata POP, Dominican Republic, we had a female pilot. Everyone applauded when she got us down in one piece. That was quite good.

In February 2002, I was flying on a British Airways A319 from Barcelona BCN to London LHR. The weather had been a little 'iffy' as we got closer to home and a few fet off of the ground, the aircraft must have been blown by wind. The aircraft drooped to the right and landed on the rear, right wheel. Fortunately, the problem was sorted and there were a few shaky passengers afterwards!

Also in April 2002, I was on an Airtours (now MyTravel) 767-300 to London LGW. We touched down with such force that many of the overhead lockers opened and items started to fall out!

Comment

Originally posted by HS-TGY
      the problem was sorted
      What problem?

Comment

I don't mean to brag or anything....

But seriously, there have been some landings in the Cessna's that I sersiously couldn't feel. I just greased them right on!

Adam

Comment

@ HS-TGY: An angled landing is quite usual in crosswind conditions. The aircraft has to line up with the runway, Usually done during te flare, and to prevent from being blown of the centerline, they (the pilots), give it some bank angle. It's great spotting in x-wind conditions

As a kid I traveled a lot by air, but unfortunately I can't remember the touchdowns... The majority of the flights were between the middle east (Oman, Seeb intl. OOMS), and Amsterdam. All between 1981 and 1989 (I'me from 1980). @ That moment the now disappeared KLM 742 and -3's flew that route...(How do you get your kid hooked on aviation ) Than, I flew again in 2000, for a one week visit to Dublin. The landing on Dublin (B737) was okay, but the touchdown back in Ams (A321) was a tough one. The weather wasn't that good at ams, and I think it was done on purpose... I think I like that

Cheers
          GreenBaron

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3825

Comment

The best I can remember was United flight 53 from LAX to HNL on 7/3/03. Our 777 landed with silky smoothness! The whole flight was so smooth.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Indian Airlines flight 167 from Bombay to Trivandrum on May 17th, 2003. The aircraft was an A320 and the captain was landing the plane....it was a female captain. It was the most professional and perfect landing I have ever experienced. She showed what it meant when Plane and Pilot become one! Thats what it felt like. Whereever she's flying today...I want to say thanks for that experience and best of luck!

-Pete
              Pete Ganabathi
              Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

As a passenger I don't remember the good ones only the bad ones. As a pilot my last landing was my best. Coming back in to Boca in front of my parents who have never seem me fly. The kid sitting right seat honestly didn't even know we touched down...he though we were floating.
                Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Obviously, if someone isn't a frequnt flyer, like many of the people on my flight, it can be a bit of scare to be affected by a crosswind.

Mind you, I've flown many thousand miles to most continents in the world and have never experienced something as bad as I did when I returned from Barcelona.

Comment

When I flew from EWR-PHX on CO in August, the landing was so smooth, I thought we were still in the air.

The worst landing I had was on a Midway F-100 about 2 years ago; we were flying EWR-RDU-FLL, and it was the captain's first flight with the general public onboard. The EWR-RDU part was ok, but landing in FLL we had severe crosswinds, came in too high, and had to execute a go-around... I thought we would be in the air forever .
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

On a NW flight back in 1990-1991 DTW-CMH, DC-9-30 I thought we floating or something when we pulled into the gate

Comment

I remember one back in 1990, it involved Icelandair DC.8-63PF TF-FLV at Luxemburg, in sharp contrast with the flight between KEF and LUX ride of which was superbely bumpy, mighty 8 chose to make a kiss-landing at Findel. When Lima-Victor completed the landing roll, I didn't not believe how smooth a landing on board a DC.8 or equivalent in overhall bad weather conditions could be
                        Regards
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

For me.. comming back from my final 3 years in Belgium. Flew UA 941: FRA-ORD. On a UA 777. Best flight ever. Now You can normally tell when you've touched but it was soo perfect if I hadden't looked outside at the reversers I would not know we touched. Here's a pic.

Touching on 09R at KORD. I sent UA an appreciation letter 3 days ago. I hope they like the letter

Comment

Hi Westjet_737-700.
                            I had a landing similar to the one you described.
                            Continental DC-10 from Tokyo to Saipan. When landing I kept waiting for the bump that never came. I had no idea we were actually on the ground until the reversers kicked in. Strange, but very nice.

By the way, I wonder why people tell about their bad landings when you specifically asked for their best?
                            Don't they read?

Dick
                            http://dickh.zenfolio.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                              I remember one back in 1990, it involved Icelandair DC.8-63PF TF-FLV at Luxemburg, in sharp contrast with the flight between KEF and LUX ride of which was superbely bumpy, mighty 8 chose to make a kiss-landing at Findel. When Lima-Victor completed the landing roll, I didn't not believe how smooth a landing on board a DC.8 or equivalent in overhall bad weather conditions could be
                              Regards
                              Alain
                              What were you in Iceland for?? KEF is such a cool airport. I connected there once.
                              www.acairport.com

Comment

Working...
                              X