EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM

Does anyone have this one. If so whats ur experiences with it. Thought all the L lenses were over 1000 but not this one it seems. Also oould it be good for night time? I know it's not IS but if i had a tripod would it be alright?

Hi

I use the EF 70-200L and had my first shooting with it last frieday in AMS i got a few nice Image the AF of the lense is very fast and the lense optic is great
    [photoid=232365]
    Please consider that this was the first time i use the lens and Camera and that the Night before the Carnival Season start here in germany and my hand were very shaking

I dont not have use it at Night so far but you could visit the Canon SLR Lens Forum at dpreview.com a great place with some guys that will help you for sure.
    Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
    ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

I have long been an admirer of the 70-200mm f4 L.. I really counld be
      doing with with something up to 300mm but I need a lightish, not too heavy lens..The Canon's f4 seems to fit the bell..now where to buy a used one at a reasonable price.?

I have also longed for the 100-400mm L but I'm no weight-lifter!
      www.edinburghairport.org.uk

View my Jetphotos:
      www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753

Comment

A320,

I compared the EF 70-200 L lens to the EF 75-300 III/USM lens when I was in the market for those particular focal lengths. I ended up purchasing the E 75-300 III/USM lens.

While the "L" lens gives a nice, crisp picture, it does come with a price. I found that for photographing aircraft, the EF 75-300 III/USM lens was just as good, and for a price that was MUCH easier on the wallet. The "L" lens goes for about $450USD on Ebay, while the EF 75-300 III/USM goes for about $150 on Ebay.

The two questions you should ask yourself are, 1) What is my primary use for the lens? (Do you intend to shoot mostly aircraft, or will you also be needing it for low light shots?), and 2) How much money do I want to spend.

If you get the opportunity, try them both out.

90% of my shooting is outdoors, be it aircraft or nature, or whatever. The EF 75-300 III/USM lens fits that bill. All of my shots here on J.net are with the EF 75-300 III/USM lens.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
        Hawkeyeted

Comment

[quote="hawkeyeted"]A320,

>> I The EF 75-300 III/USM lens fits that bill. All of my shots here on >> J.net are with the EF 75-300 III/USM lens.

I currently have that lens but yearn for the crispness you describe..

If only we could get reviews of the new Canon 70-300 IS DO...might be
          worth holding off till April

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Code:
            I really counld be 
            doing with with something up to 300mm but I need a lightish, not too heavy lens
            The EF 70-200L is no that Heavy to be true i like the weight of the Lense/300D Combo you have something in your hand and the weight sure help you to hold the Camera Still

The 200mm was one of the main Reason i was looking seriously for the 75-300 III/USM but after looking at Test and Reviews at the Internet i decide to go with the 70-200L and even with the Teleconverter the Optic quality its better as the 75-300 III/USM

This Image was taken with the 70-200L and the TC 1.4x

[photoid=233770]

Michael Bogensperger

Airlinerpictures.net

Comment

Wow bogi thats pretty nice with a TC. And yea i have looked at the 70-300DO. How much was the TC? Also is the 75-300 IS USM and 75-300 III USM basically the same thing excpet one has the IS?

Also what mode do you use on the 300D for shooting your pics? I don't have mine yet (getting it at the end of march- can't wait!!!) but i have been doing some research looked at the differnt modes avialabe so i was just wondering what you use so the pics come out so nice?

Comment

No argument there then... Shot at 280mm f8 and 320sec...
                ....handheld.? If so, you must have the lifestyle of a Saint!

Looks like your combo wins at the moment..will the 70-300mmm
                better it?..I wonder?

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Wow bogi thats pretty nice with a TC. And yea i have looked at the 70-300DO. How much was the TC? Also is the 75-300 IS USM and 75-300 III USM basically the same thing excpet one has the IS?
                  I was Lucky and get a used TC 1.4 MK 1 for 120 Euro. At Ebay they sell new one for 250 Euro

The 70-300 DO is for sure a Great Lense but the Price will be around 1200 Euro, maybe the Price for the 70-200 L will go down if the 300 DO arrive

You can compare the 75-300 IS USM and 75-300 III USM at Canon Camera Museum

Also what mode do you use on the 300D for shooting your pics?
                  Im Using the Av Mode trying to get a aperture between f8/f10 i have read that the 70-200 has the best Result at this aperture.

Shot at 280mm f8 and 320sec... ....handheld.?
                  If so, you must have the lifestyle of a Saint!
                  yes the Image was made Handheld if you add the 300D Crop factor to the 280mm you get 450mm

Saint ?? heck no i still have Headache from the Carnival Parade at DUS last Monday

Michael Bogensperger

Airlinerpictures.net

Comment

[quote="Bogi"]
                    Saint ?? heck no i still have Headache from the Carnival Parade at DUS last Monday
                    lol...Thanks for that link...I'm off to the USA in a couple of weeks,
                    I'll see what transpires there.

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Working...
                    X