No announcement yet.

favorite aircraft model manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schabak has great models for the 1:600 scale.

Comment

I like push-fit models!!! Long Prosper is great!!

I love the RJs!!!
      Pete at PIT.....KPIT Rocks!

Comment

I'd have to say my favourites are Dragon Wings and Gemini Jets. I feel they're usually a little more realistic than Herpa, and I like how they include the registrations on the models.

My Gemini Jets include BA 744's in Nalanji, Wunala, and Union Flag, BA777 in Whale Rider, BA 737's in Bauhaus and Animals and Trees, Vasp MD-11, Varig World Cup c/s MD-11, America West Nevada, Ohio, Teamwork 757's, Air Canada A340, Southwest "New Mexico One" 737, and Delta 757 in the Salt Lake City Olympics c/s.

My Dragon Wings include TAM A330, Delta MD-11 (mid c/s), Air Canada Tango A320, Air Canada 65th Anniversary A320, Canada 3000 A320 and A330, Air Canada 744, Canadian Airlines 744 with Team Canada 1999 logo, Air Canada 763 Aboriginal c/s, Canadian Airlines 763 in transitional c/s, American Airlines "Astrojet" 737, and Frontier 737. I don't keep my models in boxes, however, as I prefer displaying them.

Comment

Mini Wings is great too since I love RJs!
          Pete at PIT.....KPIT Rocks!

Comment

Schabak has a great selection at a great price....but.....I don't like the lack of detail they put on their landing gear.

United Virtual Airlines. The Best VA Out There.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
              Corgi and Schabak
              Originally posted by Richard
              Whoa Greg, Schabak. Now those were classics, very fragile in terms of livery but classics nonetheless. I remember the small Schabak collection I had as a wee elementary schooler. I havent see one in a store for ages!
              Yup, Schabak has almost disappeared. My collection (about 50 1:500's) used to have lots of Schabak's...but those were the good ol' days. The last time I saw Schabaks was this year at Zürich Airport, though. I bought there (all Schabak) a South African B747-400, the Air France Concorde and -believe it or not- an Aeroflot B777-200 with the new livery. Does that mean they're still not dead? I believe so.

Regarding the ones I prefer the most, I go for Herpa. They make excellent birds and never got any problems.

Cheers

Marcos

Comment

Originally posted by Cubana
                Yup, Schabak has almost disappeared. Does that mean they're still not dead? I believe so.
                They aren't quite dead! http://shop.schabak.de/flugzeug_suche_engl.asp

I have bought Herpa, Herpa NG, StarJets and BigBird. Needless to say that Herpa NG beats the old generation hands down.

Comment

I love Flight Miniatures models.....they come in 1:200 scale.

Plus they make a ton of RJ models in 1:100 scale.

Awesome detail and precision.

-Pete
                  Pete Ganabathi
                  Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

I prefer the Herpa 1:200 scale models! great detail and they look vere exclusive!

my collection of Herpa`s :

Singapore Airlines 747-400
                    United 777-200
                    LTU germany Airbus 330-300
                    BMI airbus 330-200
                    Lufthansa A321
                    Eurowings a319
                    SAS 737-600
                    Air Europa 737-800
                    Hapag lloyd 737-800 (winglets)
                    check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Schabak!

They're still alive...I've seen them sold at LGW, CDG (Relay Stores) & Hamsby's (the toy store near Piccadilly...I think that's its name) in London. Other than that, they're only available from model stores like The Airplane Shop, which is where I get most of mine.

As for new planes, they recently came out in 1:600 with Deltaflot MD80s, 737-800s, 757s, 777s & I think 763s. I bought the first three, along with a Scandanavian A340 (nc) for my birthday, and got a BMI A330 & a Virgin Sun A321 in London. I also saw several easyJet models at LGW. They're not flooding out models, but they're still making them.

I'd love to see them start making models from jetBlue, AirTran, or more US regional airlines (e.g. US Express, NW Airlink, UA Express etc.) I'd like a Deltaflot CRJ to add to my airport.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Also like both Gemini and DragonWings for 1/400s
                        The 1/400 are for planes not avialable in the push-fits (or good ones !)
                        But globally I favour push-fits, issued by LongProsper & Hogan
                        I tend avoiding Wooster.
                        Regards
                        Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I like Revell the best. Of their 1:144 scale i have a Panavia Tornado, Condor A320 and an Airbus Industries A300-600ST. I've only got a small model store near me and it's Concorde stock has been going out of stock as soon as they come in.

I also have a push fit Ryanair 737-800 which I bought inflight - not too bad , i think that's one for me to keep collecting - scale is 1.200 i think - don't quote me on it.

Regards,

Scott
                          Regards

Scott

Comment

Revell-Germany, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Aeroclub, Classic Airframes, Welsh Models, Minicraft, Fujimi, Academy & Accurate Miniatures.

Comment

depends on the scale/size. too bad some companies don't do enough research before making a model. i've seen some that look terrible. wheels/tires too big, engines crooked, logo not in right place, etc etc.
                              www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

herpa has problems with gears on the 1;200 scale, how much more for the smaller scales. the nose gears are so spaced apart and for smaller scales, the details are definitelyt lost, even the proportion of the wheels; they're too big for the scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X