"Airline"Season 2 Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Airline"Season 2 Confirmed

Cable TV's A&E Network will show a second season of the series called Airline, which features the exploits of passengers and personnel at low-fare carrier Southwest Airlines The network said ratings have proven strong for the show, which seems to feature each week a passenger so drunk that they are not allowed to board a plane.

Production will start soon on the new season, which will consist of at least 18, 30-minute episodes. The series will add tales of travel on Southwest at Baltimore-Washington International Airport and continue coverage at Chicago Midway Airport and Los Angeles International.

"Airline has proven to be a show that uses real life in the best ways. It's funny, it's dramatic," said Robert DeBitetto a senior vice president of programming at A&E.

The drama includes weather-related service cancellations and the humor includes showing the proper policy to handle a male passenger who wants to board a flight wearing a kilt with nothing underneath.

"This is the only reality show that goes into the workplace," said Beth Hardin, a spokeswoman for the Southwest.

A&E and Southwest said the upcoming season will take a closer look at the passengers and their plights and how the airline tries to help them. Southwest executives said the show has not led to a noticeable increase or decrease in people using the airline.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

I was at our "Message to the Field" in San Diego Wednesday. Colleen Barrett announced the show would run for another season, adding BWI. She also said the show will be more "balanced" featuring less drunk-denied-boarding and "customer of size" tales.

Comment

great, another season of "A day in the life of a cheap, low fare airline.."

maybe the "let's watch paint dry" channel will have some reruns showing at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
        great, another season of "A day in the life of a cheap, low fare airline.."

maybe the "let's watch paint dry" channel will have some reruns showing at the same time.
        Evidently enough people watch to make it worth doing another season.

Comment

as long as there are trailer parks.....

Comment

Jeff--you seem to know a lot. What aviation TV show on standard cable is better than Airline?

Comment

[quote="JeffinDEN"]great, another season of "A day in the life of a cheap, low fare airline.."
              quote]

Cheap, what makes you think they're cheap? Have you ever seen them skip maintence, break an FAR just so they didn't have to miss a flight? Ever notice any of their airplanes about to fall apart? How can you call an airline that buys new airplanes cheap? A cheap airline is one that buys the cheapest airplanes not new ones. Even half the "13 year old CEOs" should be able to figure that SW stadegy (unlike some of the majors) is to make a profit. You want cheap you come take a look at some of the 135 operations around here and see the shitty airplanes they fly.
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Um--there are 2 13 year old CEOs

I think both of us have figured it out

Comment

Cable TV's A&E Network will show a second season of the series
                  That's great news. I'll take any aviation show I can get!
                  But, more airside, please!

For anyone who works the check-in and gates, though, please tell me: How often do you REALLY have people too drunk to board? How often do you REALLY have a passenger of size?

To watch this show, you'd think that's just about the only pax you get.
                  www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com
                  An exhaustive and cross-referenced database of world airline and airport websites.
                  www.AirlineAndAirportLinks.com Photos
                  Airliner photos from Toronto's YYZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Up!
                    For anyone who works the check-in and gates, though, please tell me: How often do you REALLY have people too drunk to board? How often do you REALLY have a passenger of size?

To watch this show, you'd think that's just about the only pax you get.
                    That's one of the stipulations of the new contract, that A&E has to show a more balanced view of operations. But I'm willing to bet that they do get drunks and c.o.s. on a near daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by CorporateAv8r
                      Even half the "13 year old CEOs" should be able to figure that SW stadegy (unlike some of the majors) is to make a profit. You want cheap you come take a look at some of the 135 operations around here and see the shitty airplanes they fly.
                      It was just a saying....no need to get your tighty whitey's in a wad....

Oh...and sure.... I always listen to the teenage airline, armchair CEOs...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                        Um--there are 2 13 year old CEOs
                        Sorry, what are you 13 and 1/2
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

no--I am saying it is too widely used as a stereotype when there are only 2 of them

Comment

Oh by the way, I saw the LAX "Airline" stars on Wednesday in San Diego. I met Mike Carr, and also saw Yolanda and Susie (the hottie). Sorry boys, Susie's taken.

Comment

Darn

Comment

Working...
                              X