No announcement yet.

China to build their own jets of 150+ Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are they going to call it the "Slave Labor 2000"?

What else can you expect from a bunch of Commies with an abysmal human rights record?

Comment

Airbus_A320, we live in a world of impermanence, if you hadn't realise this. What do you say when Japan copied things from China in the old days? There is no permanence in the world. You think Japan is better in terms of technology, tomorrow, you see another country better than Japan in terms of technology. You see the USA is the superpower of today, it may not be the case in the future. What made you so sure of what you are saying?

Japan did manufacture their YS-11 twin prop aircraft. Who purcased them? Only a handful of orders from japanese airlines (as expected) and a few other Asian airlines. Japan is good at manufacturing but you have to look at the market for aircrafts, whether there are any demands or not. Aircrafts are unlike cars which cannot be afforded by average individuals. Do you see where I am coming from?

This is why I suggest you to play your PS2 and Nintendo, things are more fix in there than the real world. How old are you by the way?

I also read somewhere that a western airlines (not sure of which one, whether thats in the US, Canada or Western Europe). A few airlines did order the Russian made Tupolev TU-204.

Comment

So Greg, you are suggesting that if a country does not have a good human right record, they cannot manufacture aircrafts?

The commies, though reckless, carry out actions faster than your average democratic or republican governments (who only bluff to get votes half of the time).

Or should I say that you are lucky enough that you were not born to those communists nations?

Comment

Originally posted by 9M-MRN
          Who purcased them? Only a handful of orders from japanese airlines (as expected) and a few other Asian airlines.
          Piedmont isn't an Asian carrier...

Comment

So Greg, you are suggesting that if a country does not have a good human right record, they cannot manufacture aircrafts?
            I'm suggesting a backwards dictatorship can't manufacture something of good enough quality for someone to trust their life in.

And since when are you the little China lover?

Comment

Would you want poor little kids working is sweat shops assembling your airplane?

Comment

And since when are you the little China lover?
                Since when did I indicate that I am a China lover? But for sure I am not a China hater, unlike some...

I am just challenging the ignorance and arrogance of people, especially some Americans.

Comment

That suggested that you know NOTHING about Asia and China. I suggest you to buy a different version of the world map, so you don't have the American continent as the centre.

Comment

That suggested that you know NOTHING about Asia and China.
                    You know NOTHING about the airlines that operated the YS-11. I suggest you read up on it before using it as an integral part of your argument.

Argue on Red

Comment

I'm suggesting a backwards dictatorship can't manufacture something of good enough quality for someone to trust their life in.
                      Then perhaps you should stop flying Boeings. As stated earlier that it contains some components manufactured from backward dictatorship.

Would you want poor little kids working is sweat shops assembling your airplane?
                      Yes, kiddy, Boeing did that just to reduce their cost, so they can cut cost by utilising slave labour to make more profit. Isn't this what many companies in the Western world does? Taking advantage of slave labours from foreign countries? Nike, a well know US shoe manufacturer, employed slave labour in Indonesia for a few dollars a day. This is why we in the west can buy them in a low price. So who is the one to blame??

Comment

Greg, The tough guy!! Good work!!

So you are the tough guy, just because I did not name Piedmont as a customer of the YS-11. I am sorry but I don't base my world view on the US, this is why I left it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                          I think you fail to realize that I also mentioned Kansai. Also cars (the ones actually made in Japan) are very reliable too.

I don't have anything against China. I just think the situation there is not suited to building something as advanced as a complete aircraft as much as Japan is. I'm not being arrogant like chris saying only boeing and/or airbus is good. I'm just saying I have more confidence in the Japanese. I mean how much faith would you put in a government that kept SARS a secret untill it became a big problem and there was no way to keep it in . If it was reported promptly many lives could have been saved. Do you really think it would be any different if some big problem was discovered with a chinese government sponsored aircraft .
                          Exactly their is a big difference in building a complete aircraft and making certain parts under US regulations, Chinese regulations are far different and putting those pieces together is a different thing.

Comment

Nike, a well know US shoe manufacturer, employed slave labour in Indonesia for a few dollars a day. This is why we in the west can buy them in a low price. So who is the one to blame??
                            Which is why I don't buy Nike's...

I'm glad you are so filled with hate against the U.S. that you have to try and attack anyone who states their opinion.

Maybe you can find a nice cave complex in Afghanistan where people share your views...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              Chinese regulations are far different and putting those pieces together is a different thing.
                              You seem to be an expert on Chinese aircraft manufacturing regulations. Would you care to explain them to me?

Here is something that will really surprise you.

Airbus teamed up with AVIC to develop a new generation of regional aircraft, the AE31X family.

They would have developped two different lengths, the shorter AE316 and longer AE317. The AE316 would have seated 95-passengers in a typical 2-class configuration and the AE317 would have seated 115 in a typical 2-class configuration.

It is based on the A320 design and as you can tell is very similar, except it is narrower with a 5-abreat configuration.

It got close to being launched, but due to fierce competition from the regional manufacturers such as Embraer and Bombardier, Airbus and AVIC decided to drop the project. Costs would have also been higher than those of Embraer and Bombardier. As you know, the A318 was eventually developped as a 100-seater aircraft designed to compete in the longer-haul market beyond the 100-seater regional jets that Embraer is coming out with (EMB-170/175/190/195) and the Bombardier CRJ900 and proposed Bombardier BRJ-X.

Guess what? 60% of this aircraft would have been built by this "cheap plastic maker."

Some people..........
                              Lebanon - The Land of Milk & Honey
                              Home to the Magestic Cedars
                              Beirut, Lebanon - Paris of the Middle East
                              Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Lebanon's Ambassador to the World
                              Like No Other

Comment

Originally posted by Airliners 2000
                                Guess what? 60% of this aircraft would have been built by this "cheap plastic maker."
                                Chinese and French!?!?!?!? What's the world coming to!

Pushing buttons = fun as hell lol

Comment

Working...
                                X