Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAL - Has anyone flown them?

Hey guys,
    I'm going to be flying from LAX to KIX on a 747-400 operated by JAL and returning KIX-HNL on a DC-10. Has anyone flown with JAL before and can anyone give me any information on how my flights will be? Thanks.

PS: On the 747 I have seats 39H and 39JJ and on the DC-10 25H and 25K. Can anyone tell me where these seats are located and if they are good?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

i flew JAL from Sydney-Europe return, best airline you will ever fly!

39H should be near the emergency exit row, well it is the row in front of the exit on there 3 class 747, i had 40C and it was exit row, you will in front of the exit row.

they set up a snack bar for economy pax to help themselves, inseat tv on the 744 also, service is best i have come across!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

I've had nothing but good experiences with JAL, having flown them on HKG-KOJ (Kagoshima), HKG-NRT-CTS (Sapporo/Chitose)-NRT-HKG and probably a few other routes I don't remember.

The service is really good (all classes), and the inflight snacks are some of the best I've ever tasted - you get a bag of Japanese nuts and things (with seaweed), and a small helping of delicious soba (which was the appetiser on the flights I took). :P

Apart from the food, I don't remember all that much - note that I may be slightly outdated as those flights took place a few years ago. Anyway, have a great time and enjoy one of Asia's most beautiful airports!

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Re: JAL - Has anyone flown them?

[quote="pvalexlOn the 747 I have seats 39H and 39JJ and on the DC-10 25H and 25K. Can anyone tell me where these seats are located and if they are good?[/quote]

On the 747 I think those seats are on the right side, which is good because on the left side the sun pours in the whole way, so you have to keep the shades down. Of course you won't see anything anyway until just before landing at KIX.

Dick
        http://dickh.zenfolio.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. They are appreciated. Anyone else have any input!?

Comment

NO advice but now i want to fly them
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Best airline ever.

(OK, so not the ONLY airline in that category, but JAL were EXCELLENT when I flew them.)

Fantastic food, great service both in-flight and on the ground and comfortable flights.
              AIRIGAMI.NET
              http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

I'm flying LAX-KIX in a few months...be sure to let us know how it was, I'm curious myself

Comment

I forgot to mention - remember to look out for the groundcrew who wave and bow to pax and a/c departing Japan.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

yeah.............that bowing and waving stuff also happened on my China Airlines flight to Bangkok.........the return flight to Amsterdam I didn`t see it happen.......it was 2 AM

I like the sound of JAL though.......now I have to find a good reason to fly to japan
                    check out www.atcbox.com

Comment

Thanks a ton for the replies guys. I'm pretty exciting about leaving this wednesday! I'll try and get some pics.

-Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Brushstroke
                        I forgot to mention - remember to look out for the groundcrew who wave and bow to pax and a/c departing Japan.
                        i got some shots at Haneda of the DC6 744 with the ground crew bowing and waving goodbye, great tradition!

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

I flown with JAL many times, here is the website you should go to:

Japan Airlines: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/
                          In-flight Services (Int'l): http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/
                          Kevin

Comment

Good service, good food and check out the girls

Don't expect any PTVs on our aging DC-10s though
                            Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Comment

I must admit, for domestic service I prefer ANA over JAL any day. I flwe JAL domestic once from HND to KOJ and no snacks or refreshments were served. Since then I have tried to fly ANA each time and drinks were provided on each flight.

I have never flown ANA international though.
                              YBBN - James

Comment

Working...
                              X