The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    That's raw creativity in its purest state, man.
    Product of a conflicted mind...procedures are KIND OF important, you know.

Assx...
    ...an acronym first suggested by Evan, 7/8/2017.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Today's incident or, ummm

Ok...not incident, but news...

Let's see, our COCOC says we can make upgrades. AND maybe said upgrades will IMPROVE the customer service experience...and I doubt this is a huge, secret hidden in fine print nor involves giving away children's seats to platinum standby passengers...

But, no...we the assengers are NEVER happy...let's call Tee Vee!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Heh... the more things change, the more they stay the same!

People want publicly-owned trains that run frequently, on time, and are spacious, safe, and comfortable, yet at the voting booth all they can think about is lower taxes. It's amazing how many people seem to believe you can get something for nothing.
        Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          Yesterday's news:

1. A dude got in a full blown fist fight in the first class galley AND I don't think the captain zip tied him?!?!?

[Flight to China diverts, lands, sends dude to jail]
          The dude's Mom works at DL reservations in Tampa. After an incident like this, the whole family's pass account may be in jeopardy. The dude's Facebook page is full of pics of himself getting lit up at Gasparill fest. Looks like a real winner, that one.

Comment

• THERE HAS BEEN A TOTAL AIRLINE FIGHT-BACK INCIDENT!!!!!

Original Post 7/15: I read that someone lost their seat in second class...and it was not_United.

Update 7/17: Headline reads, "Delta gives Ann Coulter a $30 refund AND a scolding."

Comment

Original Post 7/15: I read that someone lost their seat in second class...and it was not_United.

Update 7/17: Headline reads, "Delta gives Ann Coulter a $30 refund AND a scolding."
              There's just enough angles on this latest deal that this deserves a bump.

Delta sort of side steps that they have violated Evan's principles of business.

WHILE

They flame Anne Coulter for griping at the passenger in "her" seat.

And- folks with political leanings against Anne get riled up at what great Karma this is...

While folks who think a reservation and $ should count for something get riled up at the airline.

Ironingly, Anne's political leaning is towards letting companies have more of a free reign in how they conduct business.

It's all so complicated.

Comment

Ironingly, Anne's political leaning is towards letting companies have more of a free reign in how they conduct business.

It's all so hypocritical.
                fixed.

Comment

• Today's Incident

Another tough one "with angles".

I gotta say, I'm kind of tired of having my seat kicked from behind...I try to forgive a random kick or two, but when it becomes 5 or 10 per hour...parent's get an expletive clue!

But let's talk "optics"...one of my least favorite terms which means, "to hell with right and wrong, what does it look like to kick an infant off the plane."

Then, let's throw in the 3-way dynamics of the kicker-momeee, the kickee and the hostie/he-eeee.

Person getting kicked says a naughty word.

Person with kid 'fights' back with more naughty words.

Hostpersoneee- do they escalate, defuse, or simply default to their power to zip tie and remove whomever they want? (Only being partially sarcastic here- did the frustrated FA just throw in the towel and say, you're outta here.).

What exact words were said?

Finally, back to optics vs. right and wrong- God forbid the airline go the extra yard and have a policy...you gotta keep your kid from kicking the seat back in front of them...if you can't do that, take the bus...Sure, the FA can forgive the occasional accident- but how about being more transparent to parents that it's not cool and to passengers as to what the airline will do when you paid them good $ to get bumped in the back all flight long.

Maybe I'll start booking the very very back row (which not too many people are going to bump you out of). That being said, I SWEAR the people in the front 1/2 of the plane have compromised mental ability's on how to EFFECIENTLY get off the plane and that folks behind them might have a connection sooner than 2 hours...

Comment

• Headline #2 for the day.

Hmmm...sort of non news IMO. Bullets aren't super useful without a gun. Poor FA probably just hoped to save the hassle of waiting for a checked bag, but got caught.

But a snarky comment- Doesn't sit well for that image airline people being 200% professional-anal-retentive-procedure-safety-nut-compliance-gurus.

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news...t5R&ocid=ientp

Hmmm...sort of non news IMO. Bullets aren't super useful without a gun. Poor FA probably just hoped to save the hassle of waiting for a checked bag, but got caught.

But a snarky comment- Doesn't sit well for that image airline people being 200% professional-anal-retentive-procedure-safety-nut-compliance-gurus.
                      1) Americans are nuts to begin with. Who need to travel with two high-capacity ammo clips in his bag? I mean really?

2) Now that we have the threat of non-metallic guns to deal with (thank to you, paranoid libertard America) we have to focus on catching the bullets. It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see the danger in having two passengers conspire to smuggle both a gun and ammo on the plane, but it takes SOME imagination. And a sane level of paranoia. Bullets don't belong on airplanes, period. If you feel vulnerable and afraid travelling without your precious Glock, take the bus with all the other nutters.

Comment

• Some comments:

Originally posted by Evan & 3BS(in red)
                        Americans are nuts to begin with. Who need to travel with two high-capacity ammo clips in his bag? I mean really?

I don't think this fellow NEEDED to travel with useless ammo clips...I just think he wanted to get them shipped home for free and without the hassle of checked luggage...pure laziness and a tiny abuse of his special privileges as a trained, trusted professional. JMO- but I don't think carrying two clips satisfies any special NEEDS of a nutjob.

2) Now that we have the threat of non-metallic guns to deal with (thank to you, paranoid libertard America) we have to focus on catching the bullets. It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see the danger in having two passengers conspire to smuggle both a gun and ammo on the plane, but it takes SOME imagination. And a sane level of paranoia. Bullets don't belong on airplanes, period. If you feel vulnerable and afraid travelling without your precious Glock, take the bus with all the other nutters.

I missed the part in the story where the guy had his 'precious Glock' (or a plastic gun) with him...where did you get this, or are you making the story into more than what it is to support a personal disdain for firearms?

Yeah, sure, bad judgement on his part (and we do need procedures as maybe he COULD (you never know) have a co-conspirator-buddy with the gun),...

...But methinks you are totally changing the story and moving the goal posts here.

Comment

Some comments in "teal":
                          I don't think this fellow NEEDED to travel with useless ammo clips...I just think he wanted to get them shipped home for free and without the hassle of checked luggage...pure laziness and a tiny abuse of his special privileges as a trained, trusted professional. JMO- but I don't think carrying two clips satisfies any special NEEDS of a nutjob.

According to the story, he had accidentally brought them in (undetected) from the US because they were already in his suitcase before he set off for Japan. The question remains: why? Why must civilian people ever have hi-capacity magazines in a suitcase?

I missed the part in the story where the guy had his 'precious Glock' (or a plastic gun) with him...where did you get this, or are you making the story into more than what it is to support a personal disdain for firearms?

No he didn't have a gun, and that is my point. If we were to let people on because, well, they have bullets but no gun then we are opening up a nice opportunity for a pretty obvious plot involving another pax with a gun but no bullets, now that libertard.com has taught us all how to make a plastic one...

(My disdain for firearms has something to do with annual moronic slaughter in the name of "freedom" that far exceeds every aviation disaster in the past three decades put together)

Comment

• The very fact that a 1-year-old was able to reach and kick the seat in front of him tells you something

God forbid the airline go the extra yard and have a policy...you gotta keep your kid from kicking the seat back in front of them..
                            Put that next to the policy against reclining your seat if the person behind you has a femur longer than the seat pitch.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news...t5R&ocid=ientp

Hmmm...sort of non news IMO. Bullets aren't super useful without a gun.
                              Have you ever had bullets thrown at you? It hurts!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• I once tested out those packets of duck sauce they give out at oriental restaurants by throwing a few at a coworker. They worked... he ducked!
                                Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Working...
                                X