Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris - CDG Spotting questions

Hello everyone,
    I will be visiting at Paris from Israel between the 18th-26th of August. I am interested on going spotting for a day when I am in Paris but as I see it is very complicated to get around to the good locations that I am interested in. If anyone reading this would like to come on a spotting day with me and show around the cool spots of CDG I would be more than thrilled to go around with you.

Also, if anyone can help explain to me how I can get around to some good spots without a car that would be appreciated too

You can find me on facebook, my name is Liav Zimelman,

Thanks so much for whoever can help!

Hey Liav,

i think this Site answers all your questions. The important thing is, everyone who like to spot there, need a permission for that (because of 11th of September ´01). You find the permission and instructions marked in a red box on the linked site.
    In my opinion the Best and cheapest way to go around is a rental car - but it´s my opinion - i haven´t visited CDG yet.

Hope this will help you!

Have a nice day.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Dear Liav,
      I am a regular at CDG and I will probably be there on 26 and 27 of August, but you MUST have a permission.
      Spotting without it , is very risky, because you never know if and when they will come for a control. A car and a ladder is also mandatory to spot around CDG.
      Since there is not enough time to get your permission, your only chance is to go personaly to the Police Station (mentioned in the link above) and ask for it (it has worked for a friend, but it is not always the same).

Sotiris
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

What is the quickest way to reach the airport? The RER is the quickest way to reach the city from the airport, or vice versa. Take the free shuttle from the terminals to the RER station. From there the journey to Gare de Nord is only 25 minutes.
        Source: http://paris-cdg.worldairportguides....xis-trains.php

Why not delay your trip until 2018 and visit the Paris Air Show
        Paris Air Show 2025 will take place from June 16 to June 22 2025 in Le Bourget Airport. Paris Air Show ticket price is not yet known.

When I worked there a few years ago I took the subway from Paris - very easy. Lots to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
          What is the quickest way to reach the airport? The RER is the quickest way to reach the city from the airport, or vice versa. Take the free shuttle from the terminals to the RER station. From there the journey to Gare de Nord is only 25 minutes.
          Source: http://paris-cdg.worldairportguides....xis-trains.php

Why not delay your trip until 2018 and visit the Paris Air Show
          Paris Air Show 2025 will take place from June 16 to June 22 2025 in Le Bourget Airport. Paris Air Show ticket price is not yet known.

When I worked there a few years ago I took the subway from Paris - very easy. Lots to see.
          2018? I think you are wrong!

I've always tended to mention the original weblinks since I am here at jetphotos:
          SIAE Bourget happens every 24 months...

You know why I know it so exactly? Because I know that I was not a guest at the SIAE 2017.

And this is the original link, with the precise data when you're able to walk beneath an AF 747, i.e. the next SIAE:
          Depuis plus d’un siècle, Le Salon International de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (SIAE) de Paris-Le Bourget est le premier et le plus grand évènement au monde consacré à l’industrie aéronautique et spatiale.

You should only believe the Original!

PS: For our French speakin friends.. Salon International de l'Aeronautique et de l'Espace (SIAE) at Le Bourget 2019 . Feel free to mark it in your calendar. And believe SIAE and its
          "Nouveau Commissaire Général" (M P Daher). Who do you like to believe, if not the SIAE CEO?

In 2018, there not so very much will take place at Le Bourget! At least not the very famous SIAE.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by liavzim View Post
            Hello everyone,
            I will be visiting at Paris from Israel between the 18th-26th of August. I am interested on going spotting for a day when I am in Paris but as I see it is very complicated to get around to the good locations that I am interested in. If anyone reading this would like to come on a spotting day with me and show around the cool spots of CDG I would be more than thrilled to go around with you.

Also, if anyone can help explain to me how I can get around to some good spots without a car that would be appreciated too

You can find me on facebook, my name is Liav Zimelman,

Thanks so much for whoever can help!
            It seems like if you are back on your home airport again. As I mentioned here in the previous post, you should only believe the Original!

Thus, I hope that you will not try to visit something like SIAE Bourget 2018. Believe me, or the Original SIAE homepage:
            SIAE 2017 - June 19th until June 25th 2017

2018? I don't know if Highkeas will try to visit something like SIAE Bourget 2018, but he'll definitely find there almost nothing (or nothing concerning the original SIAE).

SIAE 2019? Yes. As announced in my previous post.

Feel free to tell us your CDG 2017 experience, I am curious.

PS: One or two more details would be very helpful, not necessarily your age, which I only like to know if it comes to online frienships. But... if you were able to mention the CDG Terminal which you've used, then I might have an idea. T 2A? Only a rough guess, with your location.
            -
            So, you arrived at CDG through the air, not in a train or in a car. So, if not photos like this one are interesting for you, I'd say, the best option is, take out a digital camera inflight. CDG is huge, at least compared to my home airport. So, the best option for CDG apron photos is.. a window seat, for your next visit at CDG. Here is a tip for a good camera, and CDG is interesting even beyond the apron:
            CDG inside.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-08-28, 02:39. Reason: How do you get the best view over huge airports? Inflight, I'd say.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
            X