No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.
        lemme go fetch my scuba gear. i should be able to do it on nitrox....

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

Now that's funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.
              That's funny too!

Comment

• I read somewhere that the aircraft changed altitude up to 45k feet and down to 25k feet somewhere during these turns.

Is that confirmed?

Comment

• Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's youtube channel:

Interestingly you can see what videos he "liked", atheism/gay rights etc are amongst them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nirwanda View Post
                    Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's youtube channel:

Interestingly you can see what videos he "liked", atheism/gay rights etc are amongst them.
                    Well, that explains it. Probable causes: civil rights and aethiesm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                      Why do you put gay rights but not atheism under civil rights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                        Not sure what you mean by this. I wasn't pointing fingers at anything, just wanted to post an informative link to perhaps get some more insight into cpt Zaharie.

Fwiw, after having learned the captain was indeed an atheist (this information is not only coming from the channel btw) and also doing some (very) amateur human behavioural analysis from the content of his home-made vidoes, my suspicions of him has slightly diminished.

I just get the feeling he's a really nice guy.

Comment

• I guess on the flipside he also seems very intelligent, which is actually consistent with the most probably scenario so perhaps it ev(a)ns out

Comment

• Originally posted by Nirwanda View Post
                            Not sure what you mean by this. I wasn't pointing fingers at anything, just wanted to post an informative link to perhaps get some more insight into cpt Zaharie.

Fwiw, after having learned the captain was indeed an atheist (this information is not only coming from the channel btw) and also doing some (very) amateur human behavioural analysis from the content of his home-made vidoes, my suspicions of him has slightly diminished.

I just get the feeling he's a really nice guy.
                            Ok, I see where you're going. This would seem to rule out religious fundamentalism, which never made sense here anyway.

Anyway, we don't really know which pilot might have done this, or even if it was a pilot, or anything else really. And we almost certainly never will.

Comment

• Does everyone have their tinfoil hats ready? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gle-Earth.html
                              Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
                                Does everyone have their tinfoil hats ready? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gle-Earth.html
                                Ok, if Google Earth has the airplane 'today', then I'm sure we have sound reasons why it wasn't there in the days closer to the disappearance...

Great post, though and I will try to keep aware of nanoprobe chemtrails.
                                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                                X