• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CornishAviation - Editing Advice

Good evening all,

Have just had some re-uploads rejected on JP. All were for the follow:

• Dark / Underexposed
    • Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
    • Too much or too little contrast

Prior to re-upload, the shots were a little dark, so I adjusted the exposure and reduced the saturation then reuploaded... the screeners comment on one of these rejects was a threat of banning if they weren't readjusted which I felt was a little harsh. Can someone please advise where I am going wrong?

Here are the aforementioned images.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by CornishAviation View Post
    Good evening all,

Have just had some re-uploads rejected on JP. All were for the follow:

• Dark / Underexposed
    • Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
    • Too much or too little contrast

Prior to re-upload, the shots were a little dark, so I adjusted the exposure and reduced the saturation then reuploaded... the screeners comment on one of these rejects was a threat of banning if they weren't readjusted which I felt was a little harsh. Can someone please advise where I am going wrong?

Here are the aforementioned images.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6371086
    The screener comment was due to you re-uploading the same rejected photo again without any improvements.

Regarding colours, you have Adobe RGB as embedded colour space, which can result in colours looking off depending on systems used by the viewer (for example Firefox, depending on OS). So, ALWAYS save with sRGB as embedded colour space.

Try to increase exposure a bit to get more highlights.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      The screener comment was due to you re-uploading the same rejected photo again without any improvements.

Regarding colours, you have Adobe RGB as embedded colour space, which can result in colours looking off depending on systems used by the viewer (for example Firefox, depending on OS). So, ALWAYS save with sRGB as embedded colour space.

Try to increase exposure a bit to get more highlights.
      They were adjusted but perhaps not significantly enough to notice a difference.

Saturation reduced and exposure increased. Would these be accepted?
      Attached Files

Comment

They were adjusted but perhaps not significantly enough to notice a difference.

Saturation reduced and exposure increased. Would these be accepted?
        No. Still wrong colour space.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          No. Still wrong colour space.
          Apologies. They're now all converted to sRGB...
          Attached Files

Comment

Apologies. They're now all converted to sRGB...
            Besides the obvious dust spots, these would all be rejected for the harsh contrast, sharpening issues (some too soft, others oversharpened), and potentially overprocessed (or vignetting) as the sky is darker in the top part of the frame than the rest. If you are applying some kind of filter to achieve this effect, please know that this is not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Besides the obvious dust spots, these would all be rejected for the harsh contrast, sharpening issues (some too soft, others oversharpened), and potentially overprocessed (or vignetting) as the sky is darker in the top part of the frame than the rest. If you are applying some kind of filter to achieve this effect, please know that this is not allowed.
              Thanks for the constructive feedback. I have started a fresh with the below image taking onboard your advise. If processed to this standard, would the rest/these be at an acceptable level?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I have started a fresh with the below image taking onboard your advise. If processed to this standard, would the rest/this one be at an acceptable level?
                Looks pretty close to being acceptable. There's a bit of noise visible, and could probably stand a touch more contrast but I don't think those are major issues.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll add a touch of contrast and run through a noise filter and reupload. What categories would be required?

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll add a touch of contrast and run through a noise filter and reupload. What categories would be required?
                    The EK probably needs a little sharpening as well. I didn't see that attachment when I replied.

Comment

Just a quick one.... just uploaded the below pic and noticed it went straight into the screening queue? Is that because it's a new registration?

Comment

Just a quick one.... just uploaded the below pic and noticed it went straight into the screening queue? Is that because it's a new registration?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8868513
                        Yes, Registrations which are not in the database counts as hot automatically.
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

Working...
                        X