Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primera Air UK Operations 2018

Hey guys,

I’ve just read into their planned operation, and it strikes me as incredibly brave and/or stupid.
    I’m certainly no expert so do you think they will be able to survive against the legacy carriers and the likes of WOW and Norwegian, or do you think it’s going to flop???

I see they’re also going to chime into the short haul market from stansted with Malaga and Alicante being added.

Originally posted by United.AirlinesLover View Post
    Hey guys,

I’ve just read into their planned operation, and it strikes me as incredibly brave and/or stupid.
    I’m certainly no expert so do you think they will be able to survive against the legacy carriers and the likes of WOW and Norwegian, or do you think it’s going to flop???

I see they’re also going to chime into the short haul market from stansted with Malaga and Alicante being added.
    Hm.

1. Can both of us just in this moment try to ask the en wiki for Primera Air? I just did it, and the result is:
    Two IATA airline codes for an airline with.... a fleet of 9 (nine) a/c?
    En wiki says, the airline has its headquarter in: Riga, Latvia.

So, I don't quite understand what you mean by Primera Air UK. Let me give a rough guess. You mean UK destinations which are part of the Primera Air Latvia winter schedule 17/18?
    As I mentioned, Primera Air has a fleet of 7 B738 and 2 B737 (btw, is 737 the abbreviation for 737-700? That's at least what I mean.). 7 + 2 = 9. And they have...
    more than 10 secondary hubs?

I don't know much about aviation, I only observe my favorite airline since more than 30 years.

But 10 (secondary) hubs for only 9 a/c, in my eyes that's difficult.

2. Since we both are online here at jetphotos, I thought that an United Airlines Lover lives in the United States. But as not all people in Spain do love IB, nothin seems to be impossible..

Sorry for this lenghthy answers, I still have to learn how ATLcrew makes these very short answers.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Hm.

1. Can both of us just in this moment try to ask the en wiki for Primera Air? I just did it, and the result is:
      Two IATA airline codes for an airline with.... a fleet of 9 (nine) a/c?
      En wiki says, the airline has its headquarter in: Riga, Latvia.

So, I don't quite understand what you mean by Primera Air UK. Let me give a rough guess. You mean UK destinations which are part of the Primera Air Latvia winter schedule 17/18?
      As I mentioned, Primera Air has a fleet of 7 B738 and 2 B737 (btw, is 737 the abbreviation for 737-700? That's at least what I mean.). 7 + 2 = 9. And they have...
      more than 10 secondary hubs?

I don't know much about aviation, I only observe my favorite airline since more than 30 years.

But 10 (secondary) hubs for only 9 a/c, in my eyes that's difficult.

2. Since we both are online here at jetphotos, I thought that an United Airlines Lover lives in the United States. But as not all people in Spain do love IB, nothin seems to be impossible..

Sorry for this lenghthy answers, I still have to learn how ATLcrew makes these very short answers.
      I probably should have been more specific. Primera Air (PF) are starting long haul flights from Birmingham, London Stansted and Paris CDG to Boston, Newark and Toronto in 2018 using A321neos. My question was asking how you guys think it will go for them, considering the competition they are up against.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744
        Hm. You call them PF, but the en wiki also offers the 6F IATA airline code for Primera Air Latvia, and again, such pomp and circumstances for an airline with

jets.

I try to understand what you write. PF tried to order 2 A321neoLR . Yes. I also read en wikis, sometimes. But until today, none of the 2 A321neoLR s have been delivered to Latvia, right? - Right.

And - now you should believe a man who since more than 30 years lives near an airport where longhaul a/c like the LTU Tristar are everyday business -
        I have found out that the A321neoLR has a range of precisely not more than
        4,000 nmi. Or do you wanna contradict me?

Our friends in Heathrow and Roissy have one advantage. The transatlantic routes are a little bit shorter when you t/o in France or in the UK. For my favorite airline, the A321neoLR simply is too small. 206 passenger seats as a maximum?

You might not believe it, but let me tell you which aircraft in November 2017 served European routes due to the (financial) failure of an European airline which since August 2017 does no longer exist: LH 747s. And why. Because one 747 is able to replace two ex Air Berlin A320s.

Then again I wonder, why the Boeing 767 is such a rare guest here at EDDL.
        B763ER (German seat plan): 259 passenger seats, max. 5,900 nmi without a fuel stop, ... a great aircraft.

So what is the A321neoLR? As we've stated, it is small and narrow, only 1 aisle. I have an opinion about long haul flights. The aircraft shouldn't be tiny if you are on board for 9 hours or more. Only 1 example:
        LH 408 - which today is operated with A333 -- 236 seats in a four class configuration (8 F/30 C/21 E/177 M).

If you ask me, a transatlantic flight should not take off with less than 236 seats and two aisles!

PS: The LTU Tristar (Lockheed 1011-500 TriStar). That's a standard for me, and I compare all a/c types (with jet engines) to this one: 300 passenger seats, max. 5,300 nmi without a fuel stop. In service on DUS since 1973 (inauguration flight with LTU) or ... 1976 (the stronger -500 version). It's a real shame whatever happened to the LTU airline.
        Completely avoided answering the question there, but thanks for the reply it was an interesting read

Comment

All flights from Birmingham are now cancelled. Stansted/Paris remain un-changed.

Comment

Working...
          X