United Star Alliance Schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Star Alliance Schemes

I just thought of something right now and it would be a great indea. United should paint one 752, one 737, one A319, one A320, one CR9, one CR7, one CR2 and one EMB120 in Star Alliance Paint Scheme. They already have a 744, 772 and a 763 in Star Alliance paint scheme.

Any suggestions? Any ideas? Any concers? And any question?

Jeffrey.

Come on' people... I need some inputs on this. I don't bite!

Comment

I think Braniff should paint a BAC-111 in a Star Scheme.

Comment

While it would be a great idea, it would be no easy task (especially for UA). In another thread from this week, members voiced frustration in the fact that UA was moving disturbingly slowly in transferring the fleet from the older paint schemes to the newer (white/blue) scheme. If you can read the thread as I think that your topic and the thread's parallel each other very well: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=48385

Hope that it helps...
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by UAL744LAX View Post
          Come on' people... I need some inputs on this. I don't bite!
          I don't think anyone here works in the United paint shop. What are you expecting us to do?

Comment

I think....................therefore I am.
            Per
            Ancient Mariner
            Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

If I remember, Star Alliance only requires you to paint a certain percentage of your fleet, so United is probably only painting the bare minimum like most airlines to save money.

Nehal

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ View Post
                If I remember, Star Alliance only requires you to paint a certain percentage of your fleet, so United is probably only painting the bare minimum like most airlines to save money.

Nehal
                Again. By not painting an airplane doesn't save money.... ALL aircraft get repainted PERIOD. All paint scheme changes are done when aircraft goes through it NORMAL scheduled repaint. Most of the time when an airline, take United here, change paint schemes during a money problem... The aviation ignorant rage look at all the money they are wasting repianting planes. Guess what, they were going to get repainted anyway. Staying with United here, by them changing their paint scheme from the "stealth" scheme to the current one, they actually are SAVING money. They went from 3 colors to 2, savings #1, #2, and #3. First comes buying one less color, one less color to paint, and #3 less weight on the aircraft(fuel savings). When a plane is painted multiple colors. There is color overlap. Normally the aircraft is painted completely in the lightest color as a base coat, then the other colors are painted over the base. White is the cheapest color out there, savings #4. White reflects heat, for savings #5 the aircond doesn't have to work as hard to keep cool, thus less fuel cost.

This is most likely the Star scheme is soooo bland. Its cheap, and easier to get the airlines to buy off on it. It would actually be CHEAPER for United to paint MORE aircraft in the scheme. But why would they.
                -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Apart from what was already discussed, the CR9, CR7 and CR2 (as well as the EMB-120) my be not be subject to paint jobs (in the Star Alliance scheme) in that they (the affiliate airline) may not be Star Alliance members themselves. I was looking at Wikipedia, and got the following information...

Full members may have some affiliate airlines (that either are owned by or are in a contractual relationship with a Star Alliance full member). Affiliate airlines fall under full member umbrella in respect to the Star Alliance rules, policies and benefits. All of the affiliate airlines grant Star Alliance frequent flyer benefits, and usually feature the Star Alliance logo on their aircraft, public relation materials and advertisement. In some cases (such as Air New Zealand Link airlines and BMI Regional) the branding of the "parent" full member may be so strong that passengers are unaware of the affiliate's independent existence.
                  And with direct respect to UA Express flights/carriers:

Airlines operating under the Lufthansa Regional, United Express and US Airways Express brands are not necessarily members of Star Alliance. However flights are operated on behalf of the respective member airlines, carry their designator code and are Star Alliance flights.
                  Now, I am not saying that you will never see the aircraft in those schemes, but it may be more problematic when these 'affiliate' carriers are shared between airlines that participate in different alliances (such as Chautauqua Airlines). I am not very savvy when it comes to how and where the contracts (between 'affiliate' and 'major' airlines) are employed and how the extend to cases such as this, but perhaps there are a few other members that can shed some light on how it works...

Comment

Also, something to add - the 737s need not be painted as they are scheduled to completely exit the fleet by 10/28/2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X