CMOS Dust Spots/Dirty Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMOS Dust Spots/Dirty Scan

Hey everyone, 10 days ago I submitted a photo of a Southwest B738, but it was rejected due to CMOS Dust Spots. I then appealed the photo, due to the fact that the problem they stated was not actually a problem with my photo. Then, the appeal was rejected; "Correct Rejection: Several Visible Dust Spots". I believe this is incorrect, I have checked with many people, including a couple of professional photographers and they have said that there are no visible dust spots in the photo. What do you think? There is quite a visible shadow of the right winglet of the aircraft, it is quite easily seen, I am wondering if that is what they are referring to as "Dust Spots".

Here is the high resolution image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A6506774.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1045991

Here is the low resolution image (the one I uploaded):

Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	1045992

I hope I am not missing anything here. Should I try to Photoshop out the shadow?

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Varga

Originally posted by Jeffrey Varga View Post
    Hey everyone, 10 days ago I submitted a photo of a Southwest B738, but it was rejected due to CMOS Dust Spots. I then appealed the photo, due to the fact that the problem they stated was not actually a problem with my photo. Then, the appeal was rejected; "Correct Rejection: Several Visible Dust Spots". I believe this is incorrect, I have checked with many people, including a couple of professional photographers and they have said that there are no visible dust spots in the photo. What do you think? There is quite a visible shadow of the right winglet of the aircraft, it is quite easily seen, I am wondering if that is what they are referring to as "Dust Spots".

Here is the high resolution image:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23523[/ATTACH]

Here is the low resolution image (the one I uploaded):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23524[/ATTACH]

I hope I am not missing anything here. Should I try to Photoshop out the shadow?

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Varga
    There are at least 6 sensor dust spots, no matter what those professionals tell you. If you can't see them in this photo, simply open it in photoshop and equalize the photo.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

There may be others, but these are the ones I can see at a quick glance:

Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1034325

Comment

A quick glance?? Wow, I don't see anything there, but I will try to fix them. Thank you.

Comment

A quick glance?? Wow, I don't see anything there, but I will try to fix them. Thank you.
          Well, when you look at 500+ images of aircraft a day, you get good at noticing certain things

I would advise to brighten and maybe sharpen the image as well, since it is dark and a bit soft.

Comment

I am removing the spots now, I probably wont re edit the photo as the only rejection reason was dust spots. Thank you though!

Comment

I probably wont re edit the photo as the only rejection reason was dust spots.
              Yes, and as a senior screener I'm telling you that was a mistake, but as you wish

Comment

Working...
              X