Histogram query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Histogram query

Do any of the histograms below show sufficient overexposure to warrant rejection? Thank you very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.php.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1046062 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.php.png
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1046063 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.php.png
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1046064

H12 H2 H8

I'm not a screener but I'd say two and three are your best shots at an acceptable exposure. However, it does depend on the photo. If it looks uncomfortably bright, center it on a different bulge that will allow you to reduce the exposure a bit. Seeing the actual photos would also help a judgement in the future.

Comment

Hi Michael Thank you for your input. Are you saying the second from left is better exposed than the first from left?

Comment

The one on the far right and the one in the middle look the best. I don't notice anything really contributing to an overexposure rejection in the histogram though.

Comment

Originally posted by fablee View Post
          Do any of the histograms below show sufficient overexposure to warrant rejection? Thank you very much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24853[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]24854[/ATTACH]

H12 H2 H8
          Just to make it clear: we do screen photos, not histograms. The histogram is only used for a further check. The histogram alone may show clipped highlights or shadows, yet the photo looks OK, or vice versa.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by fablee View Post
            Do any of the histograms below show sufficient overexposure to warrant rejection?
            None of those show anything that would immediately make me think there might be an issue with overexposure, but as Geri said, images are screened, not histograms, so without seeing the image in question, there is not much point in speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
              The one on the far right and the one in the middle look the best. I don't notice anything really contributing to an overexposure rejection in the histogram though.
              Thank you for your valuable advice Michael.

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              Just to make it clear: we do screen photos, not histograms. The histogram is only used for a further check. The histogram alone may show clipped highlights or shadows, yet the photo looks OK, or vice versa.
              Thank you for your response. I understand you screen photos. I posted the histograms because histograms are referred to in an overexposure rejection so I thought they were essential and decisive in this case.

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              None of those show anything that would immediately make me think there might be an issue with overexposure, but as Geri said, images are screened, not histograms, so without seeing the image in question, there is not much point in speculating.
              Thank you very much Sir for taking the time to advise me on this.
              Last edited by dlowwa; 2019-05-26, 23:02.

Comment

Working...
              X