Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Correct info" without success

Hi Screeners,
    unfortunately I uploaded Photo ID 8911742 with wrong reg (7T-VKT) and through Auto Fill all other info was wrong as well.
    It should be 7T-VKD, but several attempts to correct the reg by using the "Correct info" button during the past months remained unsuccsessful.
    Would you please be so kind as to give me some advice what I can do now ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by TJDarmstadt View Post
    Hi Screeners,
    unfortunately I uploaded Photo ID 8911742 with wrong reg (7T-VKT) and through Auto Fill all other info was wrong as well.
    It should be 7T-VKD, but several attempts to correct the reg by using the "Correct info" button during the past months remained unsuccsessful.
    Would you please be so kind as to give me some advice what I can do now ?
    Thanks
    She is corrected
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      She is corrected
      Thanks !

Comment

I have the same issue with two photos and I wasn´t able to correct it after several attempts. Think there is a bug...

Comment

I reported that problem already here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...-changing-data

But there they said it does not exist...of course it exists as many have these problems while changing their own photos. On other photos it works good.
          View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
            I reported that problem already here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...-changing-data

But there they said it does not exist...of course it exists as many have these problems while changing their own photos. On other photos it works good.
            We dont want users to change there own data. You can thank the many date cheaters for that.

Erwin

Comment

We dont want users to change there own data. You can thank the many date cheaters for that.
              So why do you offer the feature?

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                So why do you offer the feature?
                So that corrections can still be done but on all other shots in the dbase. And they are screened instead of instantly changed

Erwin

Comment

So that corrections can still be done but on all other shots in the dbase. And they are screened instead of instantly changed
                  I do not understand why it is possible to propose corrections on the other pictures, and not on our own pictures. That sounds strange. We know better than the others what is wrong about our own pictures....
                  Sometime ago I tried to correct errors on location on 4 pictures of mine, but never succeded, I had to ask someone else to propose the corrections!
                  (I fully agree on the fact that a screening is done on all submitted corrections).

Thank you to all the team for your great work.

Comment

Originally posted by verplanken View Post
                    I do not understand why it is possible to propose corrections on the other pictures, and not on our own pictures. That sounds strange. We know better than the others what is wrong about our own pictures....
                    Sometime ago I tried to correct errors on location on 4 pictures of mine, but never succeded, I had to ask someone else to propose the corrections!
                    (I fully agree on the fact that a screening is done on all submitted corrections).

Thank you to all the team for your great work.
                    As mentioned above: you can thank the many date cheaters for that, editing dates or regs to sneak in similar photos or maximizing exposure on FR24.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I total understand your arguments.

So if I correct an other picture then you review it.
                      But why isn´t that possible on my own photos, that you check if my corrections are okay? Except the date of course!

Comment

Because we had enough of cases where you corrected an airline and the users changed it back to another.

ATA Airlines and ATA Airlines [Iran] was such a case.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                          Because we had enough of cases
                          The Admins responding in this thread, I fear, do not get the point.

User A submits correction in Photo of User B --> triggers entry into a data screening queue by sending a link out of a form.
                          User A submits correction in Photo of User A --> system understands "same user" and does nothing.

Why can't the 2nd scenario just send the same e-mail while totally ignoring whether it's the own pic of A or the one of a friend B?

The date cheaters are omitted by auto-fill from EXIF info (I fear that EXIF could be amended in the jpg, but that's not the topic here) so this point isn't valid. The argument given on ATA and ATA Iran is probably affecting a very, very, very small number of images, so again, no comparison to the 1000's users which detect a mistake here and have to hope and wish that their forum thread is noticed, actioned and responded - an effort which could be saved by admins.

And the ICING on the cake would be for User A to receive an e-mail that the correction was screened and ok'ed or rejected. As it was in the pre-FR24 days. This was so handy and A had a feedback on his action.
                          I'm submitting corrections on an almost daily basis here and there and can't keep track of what I'm doing in the sense that I return a week later to the pic and check whether it is changed.

So, I hope that with expanding on my point of view and by formulating this request, things became clearer. Thanks for your review.

Comment

Now I get what you mean - will talk to the programmers to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                              Now I get what you mean - will talk to the programmers to fix this.
                              Thank you Stefan, looking forward to the response!

Comment

Working...
                              X