Germanwings A320 on BCN-DUS flight crash near Nice, France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Observer View Post
    If the report is correct, we may have the following scenario: as soon as the plane reached cruizing altitud, pilot or co-pilot left the cockpit, a decompression started, whoever was in charge started descending procedures, whoever was out tried to return to the cockpit. Due to overload and/or lack of oxygen, whoever was in charge was incapacitated even to open the door.
    Not so. The door can be open from outside IF you have the code AND the access is not ACTIVELY denied from inside.

That's at least my understanding, which could be wrong.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Timmerich View Post
      Then it seems to have been a deliberate act ?! Because with the emergency code the door would normaly open, if it is not locked as you can see in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEHV7c3VXs
      Me thinks that this video should not be online.
      At least they were delicate enough to omit the part where the purser, with a terrorist grabbing her from the neck and with a gun against her head, tries to open the cockpit door with the access code, the pilots assess the situation on the security video or spyhole, and deny the access moving the switch to "lock", the the terrorist starts to fire against the cockpit door, but the armored door resists the shots.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        Me thinks that this video should not be online.
        I did not made this video. But am I right? With the emergency code the door can be opened within 40 seconds if it is not conscious banned from the cockpit?
        Will a CVR record so fine noises like the click of a switch?

Next question, who changes this emergency code? The airline on ground or can the code be changed on air inside the cockpit? Who have this code, the puresette/purser, the pilots?

Comment

Wouldn't there be a service/maintenance designated Iridium handset located outside the cockpit?
          AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
          the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Not so. The door can be open from outside IF you have the code AND the access is not ACTIVELY denied from inside.

That's at least my understanding, which could be wrong.
            Apparently you're right:

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
              @Gabriel what to make of this news now considering your last post to me about the cockpit door codes? Surely one of the pilots would be able to get back in the cockpit if the one at the controls was incapacitated?

This is so strange. Is this another pilot suicide?

Gives 30-60s at FL350

So quite possibly both pilots just ran out of time.
              The cabin would possibly be full of mist or fog also.

Comment

Unconfirmed: CPT With 6000+ hrs, FO with 600+

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Le Monde: Pilots are German nationals, FO the one locked outside

Comment

A. The identity of the crew has not been disclosed
                    B. There seems to be an issue with the nationality of one crew member
                    C. Early evidence from CVR seems to show that the hypothesis of deliberate action must be given some priority
                    D. The DFR having not been found, there are no evidence available at this stage to substantiate or eliminate any technical causes
                    E. The pieces of information about one crewmember leaving the cockpit and being locked outside has been leaked to the press by an anonymous military source in the U.S. Investigation team didn't spread the word during the press conference yesterday

In my opinion, guys and girls from the BEA and its german counterpart can now take a few hours of rest. They have done what they could. The case is handed over to French DGSE and German Bundesnachrichtendienst BND and all their MI6, CIA, SVR colleagues... have been reassigned as top priority the profiling of the crew.

And these services are not known for working under scrutiny of the press. Thus the message has been clearly delivered to Germanwings PR : Keep your mouth shut.

The number of pilots from this airline not reporting to duty over the past 48 hours is also interesting. Their emotion is understandable. They knew who was flying this Flight

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerforfun View Post
                      A. The identity of the crew has not been disclosed
                      B. There seems to be an issue with the nationality of one crew member
                      C. Early evidence from CVR seems to show that the hypothesis of deliberate action must be given some priority
                      D. The DFR having not been found, there are no evidence available at this stage to substantiate or eliminate any technical causes
                      E. The pieces of information about one crewmember leaving the cockpit and being locked outside has been leaked to the press by an anonymous military source in the U.S. Investigation team didn't spread the word during the press conference yesterday

In my opinion, guys and girls from the BEA and its german counterpart can now take a few hours of rest. They have done what they could. The case is handed over to French DGSE and German Bundesnachrichtendienst BND and all their MI6, CIA, SVR colleagues... have been reassigned as top priority the profiling of the crew.

And these services are not known for working under scrutiny of the press. Thus the message has been clearly delivered to Germanwings PR : Keep your mouth shut.

The number of pilots from this airline not reporting to duty over the past 48 hours is also interesting. Their emotion is understandable. They knew who was flying this Flight
                      Very interesting and leads to my assumption this is a deliberate act of pilot suicide

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatanka82_PA View Post
                        time callsign latitude longitude altitude_feet squawk ground_speed ignore vspeed radar_id
                        09:30:59Z.818 GWI18G 43.137 5.687 38000 5512 478 26 -64 950
                        09:30:59Z.016 GWI18G 43.138 5.688 38000 5512 478 26 -128 2185
                        09:30:59Z.644 GWI18G 43.138 5.688 38000 5512 478 26 -64 804
                        etc..........
                        Hi Tatanka, something should be wrong in that table because look at the resulting chart. I see that times are not consecutive.

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
                          Very interesting and leads to my assumption this is a deliberate act of pilot suicide
                          Yes, but yesterday my assumption was sudden depressurisation. Both reasonable on the preliminary information available at the time. Further info will confirm or rule out this speculation. If it does confirm then the reasons behind a suicide become fair game.

What I am finding difficult is coping with speculation on the AH website in advance of information either preliminary or confirmed but only related to prejudice and stereotypes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                            According to New York Times, one of FC member was out of the cockpit by the time the plane started to descend and was unable to get back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/wo...rash.html?_r=0
                            Pilot suffered a heart attack maybe?
                            But then does nobody outside the cockpit have a password to open the door? Really?

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS

BEA: FO has manipulated FMS and was alivie until the end of the Flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                I am seriously starting to wonder if these secure doors cause more death than they avoid.
                                Time for relative risks. 3000 9/11 death toll. 150 here AND the Egyptian suicide had both pilots present. ( kind of like a the twin = 2x failure rate but generally makes airliners safer )

Yesterday I heard that some airlines require a FA to enter the cockpit for biobreaks.
                                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                                X