dxtrx-Prescreening request / Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxtrx-Prescreening request / Editing advice

Hi, could I get some general feedback of these 5 photos? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8353.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	1046032Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8409.jpg
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	1046033Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8619.jpg
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	1046034Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8128.jpg
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	1046035Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3616_01.jpg
Size:	583.9 KB
ID:	1046036

Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
    Hi, could I get some general feedback of these 5 photos? Thanks!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]24227[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24228[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24229[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24230[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24231[/ATTACH]
    Other than editing halos, the quality looks acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Other than editing halos, the quality looks acceptable.
      Thanks a lot!But as a new member I‘m not sure what measure should I take to reduce halos. Will it be better if I lower the contrast? Please give some suggestions. Much appreciate.

Comment

Thanks a lot!But as a new member I‘m not sure what measure should I take to reduce halos. Will it be better if I lower the contrast? Please give some suggestions. Much appreciate.
        First make sure the D-Lighting feature on your Nikon is off. Then, reprocess the images from the raw file with all settings such as clarity, de-haze, shadow/highlight, etc.. at zero or disabled, and you shouldn't have any more issues with halos.

Comment

First make sure the D-Lighting feature on your Nikon is off. Then, reprocess the images from the raw file with all settings such as clarity, de-haze, shadow/highlight, etc.. at zero or disabled, and you shouldn't have any more issues with halos.
          Thanks very much. Is this time looks OK? By the way can I upload those photos again for suggestions today after I do some improvements? Will it conflict with the rule of "Limit your prescreening requests to a maximum of 5 images per 24 hours"(Rule #3)?Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8353.jpg
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	1034934Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8409.jpg
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	1034935Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8619.jpg
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	1034936Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8128.jpg
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	1034937Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3616.jpg
Size:	563.7 KB
ID:	1034938

Comment

Thanks very much. Is this time looks OK?
            Quality looks ok to me.

By the way can I upload those photos again for suggestions today after I do some improvements? Will it conflict with the rule of "Limit your prescreening requests to a maximum of 5 images per 24 hours"(Rule #3)?
            You can, but the more you post, the more likely those requests are to be ignored.

Comment

OK,I see. I will try my best to post only the photos that need the most advice. Many thanks for your precious time.

Comment

Here are some new ones...Please pre-screening these 5 photos,thank youClick image for larger version

Name:	ABF5F979-3A32-463C-A5EF-3C5AC1BEBF4E.jpeg
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	1034983Click image for larger version

Name:	1D2594BF-BF62-4B06-B65E-EE07093F0AB9.jpeg
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	1034984Click image for larger version

Name:	8C301C63-70C6-43D6-86C9-9DD2458A1BDE.jpeg
Size:	399.3 KB
ID:	1034985Click image for larger version

Name:	7C2CC217-484C-4071-B872-517CCCF539D2.jpeg
Size:	413.9 KB
ID:	1034986Click image for larger version

Name:	4D2DD939-2005-4FD6-B4DC-10B2F8C8327E.jpeg
Size:	599.9 KB
ID:	1034987

Comment

Here are some new ones...Please pre-screening these 5 photos,thank you[ATTACH=CONFIG]24293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24294[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24295[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24296[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24297[/ATTACH]
                  Most would be borderline overrprocessed due to some poor vignetting correction. The corners are brighter than the center.

Comment

Most would be borderline overrprocessed due to some poor vignetting correction. The corners are brighter than the center.
                    Thanks!And that happens to be a puzzle I ‘ve been having for a long time— What is the best way to determine exactly how much exposure compensation is required, especially when the photo has strong dark corners, or I’m supposed just to give it up because it is “hopeless”? I really appreciate your careful guidance,and very sorry for my poor post processing techniques.

Comment

Thanks!And that happens to be a puzzle I ‘ve been having for a long time— What is the best way to determine exactly how much exposure compensation is required, especially when the photo has strong dark corners, or I’m supposed just to give it up because it is “hopeless”? I really appreciate your careful guidance,and very sorry for my poor post processing techniques.
                      Exposure compensation is not related to dark corners. Dark corners would typically be an effect of shooting with a wider aperture.

Comment

Exposure compensation is not related to dark corners. Dark corners would typically be an effect of shooting with a wider aperture.
                        emm...yeah I know that. I mean, how can I know weather I have done “too much” or “not enough” when I deal with the dark corners? I find it almost impossible to detect a slight exposure imbalance just by looking at the photo itself. The “check for dust” function (provided by JetPhotos website when I upload my pictures) is pretty useful but I don't know how to use computer software to simulate it before uploading. Besides,is it acceptable if I retain slight dark corners in order to avoiding overprocessing?

Comment

emm...yeah I know that. I mean, how can I know weather I have done “too much” or “not enough” when I deal with the dark corners? I find it almost impossible to detect a slight exposure imbalance just by looking at the photo itself. The “check for dust” function (provided by JetPhotos website when I upload my pictures) is pretty useful but I don't know how to use computer software to simulate it before uploading. Besides,is it acceptable if I retain slight dark corners in order to avoiding overprocessing?
                          Equalizing will absolutely make it easier to spot such discrepancies, but it really needs to be visible normally to be an issue. If you can notice the corners are darker (or lighter) in the normal version, a rejection is likely - if you can't, then not. If the imbalance (vignetting) is really very slight, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Equalizing will absolutely make it easier to spot such discrepancies, but it really needs to be visible normally to be an issue. If you can notice the corners are darker (or lighter) in the normal version, a rejection is likely - if you can't, then not. If the imbalance (vignetting) is really very slight, then it shouldn't be an issue.
                            Ok I will do some practice and try to process those photos again. Thanks a lot for your advices. They are of great help to me.

Comment

I've tried many times, but the corners of one of the pictures were either brighter or darker than the center, so I just switched it to another one.So are all five photos acceptable this time? (Some of these still have light dark corners, but I think they are barely visible in normal mode.) Thanks!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3008_01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	595.7 KB
ID:	1035042Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7688.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	1035043Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8283.jpg
Size:	397.3 KB