Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• depends on which way you fly, maybe 12-14 hours..

anyways im flying for cp air virtual, dc-10 cyvr-phnl... only about 5-6 hours

check it out @
    canadianclassicairlines.com/cpc and click on live maps...im on the far left...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenvox
    http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca

Comment

• Lima - Madrid: Iberia 747-400
      Buenos Aires - Lima: Aerolineas Argentinas A310
      Buenos Aires - Ushuaia, Buenos Aires-Caracas : Aerolineas Argentinas A340
      San Diego - Kansas City : TWA Convair 880
      Kansas City - St. Louis : TWA DC9-50
      St. Louis - Dayton: TWA 717
      Moscow Sheremeteyevo - St.Petersburg: Aeroflot Ilyushin Il-86
      Los Angeles - Denver: Antonov Airlines Antonov 225
      Moscow Domodedovo - Sochi: Aeroflot Ilyushin Il-76TD

Comment

• I love to simulate a flight from Barcellona to London

Comment

• This is simulation, in contrast to reality.

Originally posted by jarod View Post
          I love to simulate a flight from Barcellona to London
          If you look for bcn - dus here on jp, I have simulated a very special flight...

In a simulator, you have to decide for 1 type, isn't it like that? I have made my decision.

Current was,
          EDDF - EGPH, on board my nickname.

EGPH - EGKK, and

EGKK - LIMJ on board our colleagues, BA-B744.

Next is, again on board my nickname
          LIMJ - EDDM,

EDDM - EBBR and

EBBR - HUEN.

Why don't I use the appropriate a/c?
          Well, since 2008, I am a Boeing man. And this does not correspond with the EBBR flight plan...

"Find the souce of the River Nile" with Hammond, May and Clarkson. It is an inspiration.

"And this is what is left of Top Gear." Even James May, and Richard Hammond, who both are a few months older than me, seemed like to be hit by a rock, in their very last appearance for Top Gear.

But starting their Africa journey in HUEN, Hammond May and Clarkson were as we all know them, pioneers. May used a Volvo 850 R estate car, which, by the factory, is lowered on a sport chassis. It must have been the very best car for an Africa offroad trip.
          Clarkson was equally equipped for offroad purposes, with a BMW 528i touring, keyword old egyptian feather bed.
          Hammond tried to compete in a mobile kitchen, based on a Subaru Impreza WRX station wagon.

Pure inspiration.

We'll really miss those ideas!
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-10-11, 04:40. Reason: + inspiration
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• Let me give a little update.

HUEN - EBBR
            and
            EBBR - EDDF - LSGG on board my nickname.

And then, I felt a quite rare urge, especially for a platform where the j in jp officially excludes one type of a/c.
            Is it allowed to show one or two propellers, on a jet platform?

Let my try. Inspiration again. There are landscapes which should be enjoyed in slow speed. Let me introduce to you my little sightseeing device [Beechcraft B58]:

All LX-A343s, identify the landscape.

Comment

• Some webspace providers are really stupid and they think that I pay for nothin.

But nevertheless, also without webspace, life goes on.

LFPO - TFFF on board an AF-B744 (pmdg), those are the flights that I tried to show you since a little eternity. Send your complaints to my former webspace provider!

TFFF - TNCM on board a private Beech Baron 58. That was before I discovered that there are scheduled flights between Saint Martin and Fort de France.

TFFG - TFFF on board the same private Beech Baron 58. That was after I discovered that for scheduled island hopping you need an ATR 72. But I don't own one.

TFFF - LFPO on board F-GITH (pmdg). That was my excuse for B744 destinations which never saw my nickname.

Tribute to AF-B744. I hope the pictures come to your mind also without that I show them.

And what is on the schedule next? Well, as a secret, I try to use F-GITH for LFPG - EDDF and I try to park her there. There are airports which indeed have a strong French connection. And then I return back.

EDDF - KLAX with my nickname. A little late for the awards, but I've mentioned in this entry where the bad guys sit.

Comment

• Hey maybe we should get one of the mods to make this thread a sticky!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruiii View Post
                  Hey maybe we should get one of the mods to make this thread a sticky!
                  Believe me, in my eyes it is one of the most prominent threads here at JP. And probably, as an almost-senior, I should tell you stories... no. But one info must be allowed. Not always the mods are your friends, you should better have a look one step beyond...

As long as I am a JP member, and I do not only tend to become a Senior because of my age.., I always have used at least one computer program that was very close to aviation simulation. Rod Machado has published important books about aviation. And since a few weeks he no longer publishes his age?

But besides my father, he is one of the men who made aviation attractive for me. I publish my age since I am here, so... Mr Machado is definitely older than .. 17.

So, you can be sure, that this forum topic is regularly visited by one or two experienced men. Also without the 'very important' label.

Btw, welcome to JP!

Comment

• Currently I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro. I'm thinking about getting an X800 (AGP). But it'd be a bit of a waste I think. In a few months I think I'll start looking into new Socket939 motherboards with PCI-E and see about an X1900 (with Dual DVI outputs)

Comment

• Originally posted by sarutok View Post
                      Currently I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro. I'm thinking about getting an X800 (AGP). But it'd be a bit of a waste I think. In a few months I think I'll start looking into new Socket939 motherboards with PCI-E and see about an X1900 (with Dual DVI outputs)
                      Welcome to JP. Wow. And what Flight Simulator do you wanna use? I must be honest, I use fsx since... a couple of years with one or two semi pro addons,
                      e.g. Precision Manuals B747-400 X (in those days sold on DVDs.. ),
                      and I have found a hardware combination that almost seems "perfect" for that purpose.

I built "my solution" during a couple of months, because, well, fsx is a hardware eater and semi pro hardware is not cheap! Fsx, especially in combination with a pmdg a/c, only really "takes off", with a 1 Gigabyte video card. That's what Cpt Randazzo always recommends.

I have to confess, since I've found "my solution", I do not pay attention to the benchmarks every day. But your forum entry makes me curious.

Comment

• Answer 01: Video Card (GPU) Benchmarks that are good for MS Fsx

[kindly supported by PassMark Benchmarks, California, USA: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html]
                        Radeon HD 7870 XT -- 4419 points
                        Radeon HD 7870 -- 4334 points
                        This card and everything that is 10% higher is definitely good for fsx in combination with pmdg. More examples, between 4334 and +10%,
                        4767 benchmark points:

Radeon R9 370 -- 4722 points
                        Radeon HD 7950 -- 4764 points
                        Radeon R9 280 -- 4764 points.

As far as I can remember, the R9 is the successor of the HD 7000 series. So, you can see that I am a Radeon man and not... But Passmark, of course, does also test the "and not" video cards.

I don't know where a X800 can be found, quite probably not in the "high end" section. But if you type "Passmark Benchmarks" in one of the big searching machines, you'll get the "mother homepage".
                        And that will also include the X800, I'd assume in the "High to Mid Range Video Card Chart".
                        ---

Answer 02: CPU Benchmarks that are good for MS fsx.

It is the same Benchmark provider. Either you try Passmark and you can find your info, or you wait one week, and I'll do it for you.
                        ---

IMPORTANT: These info only contains benchmarks. I do neither know if these products are available where you live nor which would be the price in your currency (shipping always included, if you'd ask me).

Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-05-30, 23:10. Reason: "And not"

Comment

• Originally posted by sarutok View Post
                          Currently I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro. I'm thinking about getting an X800 (AGP). But it'd be a bit of a waste I think. In a few months I think I'll start looking into new Socket939 motherboards with PCI-E and see about an X1900 (with Dual DVI outputs)
                          I always say that I am a service orientated guy. But I think we can return back on topic, for at least a week, after all the service.

KLAX nonstop, on board my LH-B744 simulator.. Men who are born in Europe and 1.5 times as old as me or older always say, KLAX is a happening. And it is. At SF Bay Intercontinental, they have a name for steep procedures, they call it... nose dive? All those bigger Californian airports.. craze.

But I have a question. In a simulator, you don't have to take the next flight to Europe, so..

Sometimes I wonder if you can't see the Hollywood Sign when you look outside the jet window. But for this purpose, imho, you can rather take a Baron 58. Now the question.

Which airport do you recommend, Van Nuys or Burbank?

PS: And btw, no raindrop in LA for the next four days? Sometimes that grand ole song seems to be right:
                          "got on board a westbound 7... 47"
                          Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-05-31, 07:47. Reason: 747!

Comment

• There are some questions on this planet for which we have to find an answer without the explicit support of the CEO.

Flight Captain Robert S. Randazzo has never been an official jetphotos member, afaik. But today, I am proud to say that almost all of my questions that existed between the company which he founded and my nickname are answered.
                            1) Is it, and especially with the background of the Randazzo Boeing 747-400 fsx v1, a good idea to buy the Randazzo Boeing 747-400 fsx v2?
                            - Yes. And since I recently visited "his" homepage, I tend to say, that especially for customers with a B744 v1 background, the v2 is not only recommended, but a must-have!

2) Will there be something like a Randazzo Boeing 747-800 fsx v2?
                            - Yes.

But v1 customers don't really get a discount, or do we. The Victor Mike is always a pleasure, even outside the cockpit:
                            B744 fsx, the newest version which the captain published, inflight.

And btw, thanks for the video, that's very .

PS: The B744 fsx v1 is not really bad imho. But I see a B748 fsx v2 in the lane, with, as I assume, finally full B748i flight dynamics. And that's the future, not only friends know that...
                            Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-08-02, 23:52. Reason: question: B748i? - answer: !

Comment

• Freshman, or as in this case, Jetman questions have to be answered.

But then, I, as probably one of the oldest customers who R.S. Randazzo has ever seen (?), like to take over control over this forum section again.

Your Current Simulator Flight. Ah, post #492, cont'd.

As nobody dared to make the decision between Van Nuys and Burbank, I dared to make the decision by my own:
                              KBUR 08 on board the default fsx Baron 58, destination Monterey CA, under VFR. People who know a little bit of that region know that if you like to show the Hollywood sign to your passengers in a B58, it does not include North as a direction that you should request via BUR CT...

So, with a little loop, North it goes, toward Laguna Seca. Did I mention what my fathers hobbies were? 1. computer. 2. aviation. 3. motors with 4 or 2 wheels. And I am his son, so, nothin s changed.

Laguna Seca. But what do you do if KMRY declares it is only open for IFR, and you started in Burbank with VFR? Faster than you can say Salinas you get diverted.

With this experiences I took the B58 for the not much more than 5 miles from Salinas to Monterey, which at that time was open for landings over the biggest Ocean. And for the way back to BUR I'll file IFR. For the first time in my life in a propeller. But why not. B58 is a good a/c.

To be cont'd.

Comment

• Back from MRY at BUR, aboard my B58, an IFR flightplan included. That went incredibly well! And the recommended route from BUR to LAX... 28 US-miles in 46 mins . I think LH 457 should be feasible if you arrive at BUR before lunch. Or what do you think...

So, my next flights? Aboard my nickname (pmdg LH-B744, reg. Victor Papa) back home from LAX (LH 457). And then, what would you guess after I added some words to my signature...

O'Hare (fsx by fsdt, the only true version of O'Hare for fsx!)... 77,96 million passengers in 2016. And this is not the biggest US airport? No, there is one US airport with... more than 100,000,000 passengers in 2016?!
                                The US-Americans seem to be craze (n# always in the air)...

As fsdt has never developed a really cool EWR for fsx, O'Hare is one of my dearest US-airports in fsx, place #1, only an inch above #2, which is my avatar: the SF Bay Intercontinental airport (default fsx version!). Place #3 should be JFK (again the default version).

But O'Hare is next on my schedule. In memoriam John B.
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-15, 04:40. Reason: California, see you soon

Comment

Working...
                                X