mplace - Screening and Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Unfortunately halos can't be removed from a jpeg. If they're there in the original, there's nothing you can do it about it. I assume you had the D-Lighting feature in your D3400 turned on?
    I actually did not have Active D-Lighting on that day while spotting. The first post on this thread from Aug. 2018 was the last time I used D-Lighting. I don’t really plan to spot with JPEG again but do you know what the problem was here with this photo?

Comment

Originally posted by mplace View Post
      I actually did not have Active D-Lighting on that day while spotting. The first post on this thread from Aug. 2018 was the last time I used D-Lighting. I don’t really plan to spot with JPEG again but do you know what the problem was here with this photo?
      As has been pointed out, there are some editing halos visible. If not from D-Lighting, then at some other point they must have been added, as they are not a natural phenomenon.

Comment

Hi again!

I took this image on my way to KSNA a few weeks ago. The original photo was underexposed. I am wondering if this wing shot has any chance at a possible acceptance. I am worried if it is over-processed and if I applied too many edits while trying to brighten it. Thank you again for your help! Click image for larger version

Name:	WingShotPlace.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1034903

Comment

Hi again!

I took this image on my way to KSNA a few weeks ago. The original photo was underexposed. I am wondering if this wing shot has any chance at a possible acceptance. I am worried if it is over-processed and if I applied too many edits while trying to brighten it. Thank you again for your help! [ATTACH=CONFIG]24194[/ATTACH]
          Quite noisy, but other than that the quality/processing looks acceptable.

Comment

Awesome! Great to hear that. Thank you again!

Comment

Hi again!

The Landor Livery made a special visit today and I am hoping that this photo could be accepted into the queue.

I recently got a new computer. I went through my normal lightroom edit process and resized the photo in Photoshop like I usually have with my images on JP. I put this photo into the queue, and I noticed it didn't look as crisp as it did after I resized it to 1280px in Photoshop. Do you notice this too? If so, what is the usual way to resize a photo? Is there anything else wrong that you see with the photo? I appriciate your help.

***I DID TAKE THIS PHOTO DOWN FROM THE QUEUE TO HAVE THIS PRESCREENED

Click image for larger version

Name:	G_BNLY.jpg
Size:	496.5 KB
ID:	1040094
              Last edited by mplace; 2019-06-14, 03:36. Reason: Extra question

Comment

Hi again!

The Landor Livery made a special visit today and I am hoping that this photo could be accepted into the queue.

I recently got a new computer. I went through my normal lightroom edit process and resized the photo in Photoshop like I usually have with my images on JP. I put this photo into the queue, and I noticed it didn't look as crisp as it did after I resized it to 1280px in Photoshop. Do you notice this too? If so, what is the usual way to resize a photo? Is there anything else wrong that you see with the photo? I appriciate your help.

***I DID TAKE THIS PHOTO DOWN FROM THE QUEUE TO HAVE THIS PRESCREENED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25481[/ATTACH]
                Looks soft/blurry towards the tail.

Comment

Hi again,

I would appreciate some feedback on these four photos I took at KDEN. I had the opportunity to photograph a few aircraft from the ramp the other day and I am hoping some of my edits will be acceptable from that day. Thank you for your help!

Name:	C-FMZD.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	950.5 KB
ID:	1040483

Name:	N969NN.jpg
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1040486

Name:	N531JL.jpg
Size:	895.2 KB
ID:	1040484

Name:	N828SY.jpg
Size:	922.5 KB
ID:	1040485

Comment

I don't know if my post fed through but I was hoping to get another group of photos prescreened. I had the opportunity to photograph a few aircraft from the ramp the other day and I am hoping some of my edits will be acceptable from that day. Thank you for your help!

Name:	C-FMZD.jpg
Size:	950.5 KB
ID:	1040510

Name:	N969NN.jpg
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1040511

Name:	N531JL.jpg
Size:	895.2 KB
ID:	1040512

Name:	N828SY.jpg
Size:	922.5 KB
ID:	1040513

Comment

I don't know if my post fed through but I was hoping to get another group of photos prescreened. I had the opportunity to photograph a few aircraft from the ramp the other day and I am hoping some of my edits will be acceptable from that day. Thank you for your help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25974[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25975[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25976[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25977[/ATTACH]
                      1. soft/blurry
                      2. ok
                      3. soft
                      4. ok

Soft/blurry towards the edges on 1 & 3, easily noticeable at 1600pix.

Comment

Okay thank you.

Comment

Hi again. I deleted a previous post because I thought originally I knew how to correct the horizon of two of the photos I wasn't sure about, but I would like one more glance at them. I am also curious if the cropping styles on the first two are okay.
                          I also was going through some of my KEGE shots from earlier this year. Unfortunately, it was overcast from that day. Reading other people's posts for a while now, it doesn't seem as if you accept these types of photos unless there is direct sunlight on the aircraft, giving it more contrast. I am wondering if this aircraft has the potential to be accepted with the amount of sunlight on it. Thank you again for taking the time to help me with my photos!

Name:	757.jpg
Size:	980.4 KB
ID:	1040777

Name:	N164SY.jpg
Size:	816.5 KB
ID:	1040778

Name:	N702GS.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1040779

Comment

Hi again. I deleted a previous post because I thought originally I knew how to correct the horizon of two of the photos I wasn't sure about, but I would like one more glance at them. I am also curious if the cropping styles on the first two are okay.
                            I also was going through some of my KEGE shots from earlier this year. Unfortunately, it was overcast from that day. Reading other people's posts for a while now, it doesn't seem as if you accept these types of photos unless there is direct sunlight on the aircraft, giving it more contrast. I am wondering if this aircraft has the potential to be accepted with the amount of sunlight on it. Thank you again for taking the time to help me with my photos!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26272[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26273[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26274[/ATTACH]
                            1. horizon, soft, borderline contrast
                            2. soft
                            3. too far

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm back to ask about this A350 that departed DEN to bring back Taiwan's President to Taipei. I'm worried about how soft it is. I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

Name:	B-18917.jpg
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	1041039

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm back to ask about this A350 that departed DEN to bring back Taiwan's President to Taipei. I'm worried about how soft it is. I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26569[/ATTACH]
                                It doesn't look too soft to me but pixels are clearly visible in sky which is most probably caused by some compression due to tools used during editing

Regards
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X