Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Advice

Hey y'all,

Brand new here, just uploaded a few pics, but got entire queue rejected due to "poor quality" so I'm looking for ways to improve! I have attached one of the few photos from the queue here. I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1773_edited.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1045880Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0822_edited.jpg
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	1045881Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1658_editedjp.jpg
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1045882

Hey man. These are all off center vertically. And the photos are blurry and soft from what I can see. Not sure what camera you have, but if you don’t have a DSLR or mirrorless it would help you a lot to get one.

Comment

I took those with a Canon T6i, do you think re-editing these photos would help? Btw, thanks for the advice

Comment

Did you edit them at all except resizing ?

Comment

I edited and resized them for the requirements.

Comment

ok, what did you do in terms of editing ?

to give you an idea, this is the kind of editing we're talking about :
            After a first article about the gear I use for aviation photography, I thought I’d give you a look into the process behind my image editing. Although in my opinion a good photo will mostly depend on how well the shoot went, editing can often play an important role in either pushing a good image […]

or

Comment

Also, can you tell us a little about the camera settings you are using? I see from the EXIF of the Westjet that it was shot at 135mm and 1/400 shutter speed, which should give reasonable odds of getting a sharp photo. For now I would try to keep a faster shutter speed though. What about auto-focus, exposure metering etc? Is there image stabilization on the lens and is it on? Are you shooting in continuous or single shot?

Edit: also, what about the in-camera photo quality setting (i.e. JPEG size)?

Alex

Comment

Hey, thanks for the great resource! I will look at that guide when I re-edit these photos!

Comment

So from what I remember, I used auto-focus and my lens does have image stabilization on it. I was also shooting single shot. I believe this was shot in JPEG, but from the previous resource that another Alex listed, I think I should experiment with shooting in RAW. All in all, thank you all for the advice! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Also, since 5 of my photos got rejected, I'm seeing that the rejected photos are still taking up my queue slots, how many days would I need to wait in order for my queue slots to reset?

Comment

Originally posted by Yvrleisurespotter View Post
                      Also, since 5 of my photos got rejected, I'm seeing that the rejected photos are still taking up my queue slots, how many days would I need to wait in order for my queue slots to reset?
                      14 days typically

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Hey y'all,

Brand new here, just uploaded a few pics, but got entire queue rejected due to "poor quality" so I'm looking for ways to improve! I have attached one of the few photos from the queue here. I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21600[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21602[/ATTACH]
                          One thing i could reccomend is maybe a tighter crop and centred a little more, but only if it suits

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeb Claridge View Post
                            One thing i could reccomend is maybe a tighter crop and centred a little more, but only if it suits
                            Hmm, I could try experimenting with that! Thanks

Comment

Hmm, I could try experimenting with that! Thanks
                              Honestly, cropping and centering are the least of your worries. Soft/blurry images like these will never be acceptable, regardless of centering. Better to work on that and figure out what's causing the poor quality issues first.

Comment

Working...
                              X