dxtrx-Prescreening request / Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxtrx
    Thanks. And please prescreen these five. Thanks again!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25125[/ATTACH]
    I guess you didn't read this:

You're still welcome to post as many requests as often as you like, but I feel like I don't need to be answering these. I'm happy to answer specific questions or concerns you may have about any given image, but you're just posting the maximum number of images you are allowed at the minimum interval, and not really realizing most of these images don't need prescreening.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      I guess you didn't read this:

You're still welcome to post as many requests as often as you like, but I feel like I don't need to be answering these. I'm happy to answer specific questions or concerns you may have about any given image, but you're just posting the maximum number of images you are allowed at the minimum interval, and not really realizing most of these images don't need prescreening.
      Very sorry about that... I have to admit that I was a little greedy in the past,and I promise I will never do like that. I’m very grateful for your and all JP crews spending precious time and giving so much helpful advice.
      I will pay more attention to my words and deeds in the future and only ask for help when really necessary.

Comment

Really very sorry that my previous actions have disturbed the order here. My post-processing skills are really very poor and I just have little confidence about every single images... But I will improve myself and never make requests in that way Although I will try my best to fully understand all regulations in the forum,please don‘t hesitate to criticize me if I break any of the rules or do anything inappropriate again. Thanks again for everyone‘s tolerance,understanding,and great help!

Comment

Originally posted by dxtrx View Post
          Really very sorry that my previous actions have disturbed the order here. My post-processing skills are really very poor and I just have little confidence about every single images... But I will improve myself and never make requests in that way Although I will try my best to fully understand all regulations in the forum,please don‘t hesitate to criticize me if I break any of the rules or do anything inappropriate again. Thanks again for everyone‘s tolerance,understanding,and great help!
          It's fine, there are no 'rules' or 'regulations' you're breaking, I'm just trying to encourage you to learn from the feedback, rather than simply post every single image, which ends up taking more our time, especially when most don't need prescreening. Go back and look and the recent feedback you've received - nearly all positive. Take that as a hint what you're doing is generally good, and have confidence that you don't need to have every image checked before submitting.

Comment

Hi. May I ask for some editting advice of these three images (especially the exposure of No.2 and white balance of No.3). Thanks!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	1039808Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4013.jpg
Size:	533.2 KB
ID:	1039809Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4176.jpg
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	1039810

Comment

Hi. May I ask for some editting advice of these three images (especially the exposure of No.2 and white balance of No.3). Thanks!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]25162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25163[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25164[/ATTACH]
              By the way, how should I determine the exposure of a photo? Am I supposed to give priority to overall exposure and ignore a small amount of slight overexposure (just like No.2)? Or just keep all picture not overexposured but it would look a bit "dark"?

Comment

By the way, how should I determine the exposure of a photo? Am I supposed to give priority to overall exposure and ignore a small amount of slight overexposure (just like No.2)? Or just keep all picture not overexposured but it would look a bit "dark"?
                Exposure is borderline but acceptable for me, while the white balance shouldn't be an issue for these images. For exposure, try to avoid having any areas of the image that are completely blown out (highlights clipped). This would generally mean lowering the overall exposure, but sometimes the light is just so harsh that nothing can be done to recover the image.

Comment

Exposure is borderline but acceptable for me, while the white balance shouldn't be an issue for these images. For exposure, try to avoid having any areas of the image that are completely blown out (highlights clipped). This would generally mean lowering the overall exposure, but sometimes the light is just so harsh that nothing can be done to recover the image.
                  OK I will try it later. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Here are two versions of the same photo, they just have difference in exposure. Which one is better? Are they all acceptable or need some adjustments? Thanks!

Name:	113D328F-6F8D-4B05-ABDA-C02F07D999B4.jpeg
Size:	461.8 KB
ID:	1039840Click image for larger version

Name:	0EB4D704-93DB-47C7-87A0-CF9367447D91.jpeg
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	1039841

Comment

Here are two versions of the same photo, they just have difference in exposure. Which one is better? Are they all acceptable or need some adjustments? Thanks!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25200[/ATTACH]
                      I would personally go with the second version in terms of exposure.

Comment

I would personally go with the second version in terms of exposure.
                        Thanks for your quick response. I'll use this as a reference for other similar photos.

Comment

Hi. May I ask for some advices of these three images? Thanks!

Name:	DSC_5343.jpg
Size:	577.1 KB
ID:	1039965Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5383.jpg
Size:	901.4 KB
ID:	1039966Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5442.jpg
Size:	595.9 KB
ID:	1039967

Comment

And this one please. The light was not so satisfying, I've done some adjustments but I'm still wondering if the contrast is acceptable.

Name:	DSC_6724.jpg
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	1039968

Comment

All have dust spots, and I would consider most borderline oversharpened.

Comment

You may want to read #3 here: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ning-from-crew

Thanks.
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X