No announcement yet.

The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed in Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed in Iran

The Aseman Airline's flight with 100 passengers on board has crashed near the city of Semirom in Isfahan province: Emergency official .

#BREAKING# An ATR passenger plane flying from Tehran to Yasuj in western #Iranhas disappeared from radars.50 to 60 passengers on board. Take off at 1:30 (GMT) (5 am local time)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Khaaasteh...25444189204480

Apparently this is one of these aircrafts:

This 2018 just started and we had already 2 plane crashes!!

Comment

Preliminary report out:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

17,400 hours and then this clusterf*ck.

Could it be that airmanship is no match for human factors?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Preliminary report out:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

17,400 hours and then this clusterf*ck.

Could it be that airmanship is no match for human factors?
        Could it be that accumulation of flight hours is not the same than airmanship?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Absolutely. One is a quantity and the other is a quality. Equivalence is not what I'm getting at.

Could it be that the quality known as 'basic airmanship', which is acquired through practice over time and--let's be honest here--is generally present in pilots with 17,400 hours, is not a constant quality, but rather a variable one which degrades under certain conditions due to factors affecting the relative nature of judgment and perception in the human mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
              Absolutely. One is a quantity and the other is a quality. Equivalence is not what I'm getting at.

Could it be that the quality known as 'basic airmanship', which is acquired through practice over time and--let's be honest here--is generally present in pilots with 17,400 hours, is not a constant quality, but rather a variable one which degrades under certain conditions due to factors affecting the relative nature of judgment and perception in the human mind?
              Absolutely. But let me ask you a question. What skills do you put in the airmanship bag other that stick and rudder skills?
              Are you including discipline, planning, judgement, conservative decision making, risk assessment and mitigation, and other "soft" skills that keeps you from needing to test your stick and rudder skills?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Absolutely. But let me ask you a question. What skills do you put in the airmanship bag other that stick and rudder skills?
                Are you including discipline, planning, judgement, conservative decision making, risk assessment and mitigation, and other "soft" skills that keeps you from needing to test your stick and rudder skills?
                Yes. I think all those things can erode under the right circumstances. And then I think, after 17,400 hours, even the basic stuff can go out the window in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                X