No announcement yet.

aceriana - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and meanwhile.... your pic was already deleted 2 days ago....
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2019-02-11, 13:13.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	TCMCE_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	971.9 KB
ID:	1032866

Howdy Dana... if you are bored can you check if this is OK for upload? Gracias.

Comment

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21725[/ATTACH]

Howdy Dana... if you are bored can you check if this is OK for upload? Gracias.
        Borderline color for cyan/green cast.

Comment

Name:	TCMCE_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	934.9 KB
ID:	1032873

Is this re-edit better?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21732[/ATTACH]

Is this re-edit better?
            Better, yes.

Comment

• My usual share of color related rejections is coming in like hot bread... but these 2 rejections are a mystery for me

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112539
              https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112545

Can you kindly tell what the specific issue is, given that both have the rejection motif: Too much or too little contrast
              Thank you

Comment

My usual share of color related rejections is coming in like hot bread... but these 2 rejections are a mystery for me

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112539
                https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112545

Can you kindly tell what the specific issue is, given that both have the rejection motif: Too much or too little contrast
                Thank you
                Contrast is too low on both. Both also have slight green/cyan cast, as seen in your other images. Horizon might be an issue on the first as well, if re-submitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  Contrast is too low on both. Both also have slight green/cyan cast, as seen in your other images. Horizon might be an issue on the first as well, if re-submitted.
                  Hmmm....the fact that contrast is low seems quite odd to me. That is why the rejection confuses me.
                  If you said right away "bad color" I would agree.

That is something I wish you screeners would fix a little more. Rejection motifs.
                  Sometimes they are completely off the wall when they try to say something else.
                  Take my 2 photos. I think the contrast issue is bogus. The color issue is quite true - maybe even the horizon as you say.
                  But this conversation finishes here and goes nowhere. Therefore my suggestions go nowhere and rejection motifs remain at times - vague or simply wrong.

Comment

Name:	TSIMW_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	1,021.1 KB
ID:	1032939

I am playing around with the temperature controls of Adobe Camera Raw.
                    Is this better for upload vs my rejection?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21814[/ATTACH]

I am playing around with the temperature controls of Adobe Camera Raw.
                      Is this better for upload vs my rejection?
                      It does not seem to be the same image as either of the two rejected images. The color issues remain with this one as well.

Comment

It does not seem to be the same image as either of the two rejected images. The color issues remain with this one as well.
                        I asked around for help regarding the color issue.
                        In some rejections the color issue is very very subtle and the viewers told me that the red or blue colors of the plane play with our eyes and distort the white area a little - not necessarily being very blueish or red.

In this Tunis Air - the one here in the forum - where do you see the color issue? All over or a certain part of the plane?

Comment

I asked around for help regarding the color issue.
                          In some rejections the color issue is very very subtle and the viewers told me that the red or blue colors of the plane play with our eyes and distort the white area a little - not necessarily being very blueish or red.

In this Tunis Air - the one here in the forum - where do you see the color issue? All over or a certain part of the plane?
                          With all of your images it's the whole frame. I've never seen an example of color being a problem with only a specific area of the image, unless we're talking about chromatic aberrations, which are not the issue here. It may be easier to see in one area (i.e. white fuselage), but it's affecting the whole frame.

Comment

With all of your images it's the whole frame. I've never seen an example of color being a problem with only a specific area of the image, unless we're talking about chromatic aberrations, which are not the issue here. It may be easier to see in one area (i.e. white fuselage), but it's affecting the whole frame.
                            Roger... got that. So it is the whole frame.
                            Wow.

Is there any chance you / we can open a Thread for spotters who have this color blindness issue? It might be a good place to exchange ideas and help.
                            I have been digging around and cannot find a "tool" that helps me - besides having someone sit next to me when I edit photos - much to their boredom.

Comment

Roger... got that. So it is the whole frame.
                              Wow.

Is there any chance you / we can open a Thread for spotters who have this color blindness issue? It might be a good place to exchange ideas and help.
                              I have been digging around and cannot find a "tool" that helps me - besides having someone sit next to me when I edit photos - much to their boredom.
                              Feel free to open such a thread, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to contribute too much to it myself.

Comment

• Here are two photos adjusted to "fix" the color cast issue. In your expert opinion is the cast resolved?

ORIGINAL SU-GEB (rejected)
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	SUGEB_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1033085

MODIFIED SU-GEB

Name:	SUGEB_IST_14lug2018_TOff_v2.jpg
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1033086

ORIGINAL TC-JSY (rejected)

Name:	TCJSY_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1033087

MODIFIED TC-JSY

Name:	TCJSY_IST_14lug2018_TOff_v2.jpg
Size:	1,011.9 KB
ID:	1033088

Keeping my fingers crossed this might be the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X