Copyright regarding another photographer's photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright regarding another photographer's photo

I recently attempted to upload a photo of an aircraft taken by another photographer. This request was rejected for the following reason.

"If you want to upload pics of another photographer , you must own the copyright of the pics. Mentioning his name is not enough"

Before attempting to upload the photo I contacted the photographer and received his permission to upload the photo to jet photos. I also mentioned his name and linked the Flickr profile he originally posted the picture on.

How do I get the copyright of the pictures and how do I indicate that I have received the copyright to jet photos?

Thank you for any help. Lewis.

Originally posted by Lewis Donnan View Post
    I recently attempted to upload a photo of an aircraft taken by another photographer. This request was rejected for the following reason.

"If you want to upload pics of another photographer , you must own the copyright of the pics. Mentioning his name is not enough"

Before attempting to upload the photo I contacted the photographer and received his permission to upload the photo to jet photos. I also mentioned his name and linked the Flickr profile he originally posted the picture on.

How do I get the copyright of the pictures and how do I indicate that I have received the copyright to jet photos?

Thank you for any help. Lewis.
    If you are not the original photographer of an image, but own its usage rights, you must create a separate account called "[Your Name] Collection" and submit the photo via that account.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      If you are not the original photographer of an image, but own its usage rights, you must create a separate account called "[Your Name] Collection" and submit the photo via that account.
      Thank you for the reply.

I have done that and that is the account I tried to upload the picture to.

Just to clarify, do I own the usage rights if I receive permission from the photographer online? Also, how do I show that I own the usage rights to the screener of the picture?

Lewis.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I have done that and that is the account I tried to upload the picture to.

Just to clarify, do I own the usage rights if I receive permission from the photographer online? Also, how do I show that I own the usage rights to the screener of the picture?

Lewis.
        Please leave a message to screeners like "I have the permission from photographer to upload to JP" - and on an account as explained by Gerardo

Regards
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
          Please leave a message to screeners like "I have the permission from photographer to upload to JP" - and on an account as explained by Gerardo

Regards
          Alex
          Okay. I'll give that a go. Thank you for your help, Alex.

Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post

Regards
            Alex
            I have tried to re-upload the picture doing what you suggested and it has again been rejected for "Bad Motive". What does this mean?

Lewis.

Comment

I'm just curious - why you upload pictures of other photographer? If the pictures were old, from some archives, interesting from historical point of view - go ahead - great stuff to share. But uploading photos taken a month ago by someone else...?

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
                I'm just curious - why you upload pictures of other photographer? If the pictures were old, from some archives, interesting from historical point of view - go ahead - great stuff to share. But uploading photos taken a month ago by someone else...?
                I know the owner of the aircraft and he has requested that I upload the photo for him. I also do not have the camera equipment to take the picture myself and I like the quality of the picture the photographer has taken.

Lewis.

Comment

I know the owner of the aircraft and he has requested that I upload the photo for him. I also do not have the camera equipment to take the picture myself and I like the quality of the picture the photographer has taken.

Lewis.
                  I kinda see your motive, just seems a tad long winded?

Assuming your friend who owns the aircraft has the photographic equipment/skills why doesn’t he upload directly if he wants it on JP? Indeed as a owner he could add lots of interesting ‘cockpit/airfield etc...’ images going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
                    I kinda see your motive, just seems a tad long winded?

Assuming your friend who owns the aircraft has the photographic equipment/skills why doesn’t he upload directly if he wants it on JP? Indeed as a owner he could add lots of interesting ‘cockpit/airfield etc...’ images going forward.
                    He doesn't have the photographic equipment or skills to take the photo himself and particularly liked the photo I am attempting to upload. He has attempted to upload the photograph before but it was rejected for a number of reasons that required the photo to be modified in a photo editor. That's where I come in. I have edited the photo and he has asked me to attempt to upload the photo for him.

Lewis.

Comment

I see the point now
                      Best is to let him upload the pic. It's ok for us if you edited the photo for him

Comment

The problem is, he didn't take the photo so I think it would just be rejected again. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't get uploaded but it would be nice to be able to share the photo. Thank you all for your help. Much Appreciated!

Lewis.

Comment

The problem is, he didn't take the photo so I think it would just be rejected again. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't get uploaded but it would be nice to be able to share the photo. Thank you all for your help. Much Appreciated!

Lewis.
                          If? I am reading you right the image in question was taken by a third party correct? Not you nor the aircraft owner?

You are are attempting to upload with your edits the 3rd parties image?

The consent you refer to is the airframe owner and/or the image taker?

If that is a correct summary for me, its not something i would agree with - our admins/seniors are better placed to comment. T

Comment

Correct. It seems that the original photographer has not agreed to the usage of the photo. In that case the pic has no place at jp.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                              Correct. It seems that the original photographer has not agreed to the usage of the photo. In that case the pic has no place at jp.
                              He has agreed to the usage of the photo though. That's what I don't understand. I have permission from the photographer to use the picture and I am uploading it to an account with the name "Lewis Donnan Collection" and it is still being rejected for bad motive.

If I'm missing something please let me know but, as far as I can tell, this fully complies with the jetphotos.com regulations.

Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                              X