Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7093841
    Not sure what the problem is for this rejection - so I appealed.

My appeal was rejected with this comment which confuses me even more
    "It needs darker mid-tones. In addition it lacks detail due to the (over)use of noise filter"

Lacks detail? Are you sure? Looks the same if not better than other TC-JJO pictures accepted.
    Sorry fellas...I am really confused here
    The photo definitely lacks dark tones (shadows, midtones). Details missing for example in the grass, tarmac, fuselage, ...
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      The photo definitely lacks dark tones (shadows, midtones). Details missing for example in the grass, tarmac, fuselage, ...
      Gotcha...that is 100% correct what you say.
      Back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Oh I checked. You approved a photo with the same problem as the above 777 TC-JJO
        Here is the culprit.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9217825

1. Want to reject it even if approved? It would be fair
        2. Want me to edit it and re-upload it?
        3. Any suggestion I might not have thought of?

Comment

• So,
          You mean we should have rejected that 777 shot as well ?
          We can delete it if you wish
          But if you're trying to say that if we have accepted that 777 we should have accepted the other one as well then I'm not sure it's the best argument to use...

Anyway, the contrast is better on the 777 and the white balance is also better. Now the grass is also over-edited which was missed by the screener involved. Let's say you got lucky but again, if you wish to delete that shot because you want to upload a better edit with less noise reduction, then fair game and we can do it.

cheers
          Alex

Comment

• Hey Alex

I resubmitted my lucky acceptance Turkish Cargo - hope the new one is better
            I goofed a parameter when editing and that is why my grass came out looking like astroturf.
            Thanks for the help and sorry for the trouble

Comment

• Hey Screeners

I re-submitted the photo for TC-LJL (the Turkish cargo 777). Now how does this work?
              Does it go to the end of the queue? But if it does I do not see it queued in my photos.
              Thanks for the help

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                So,
                You mean we should have rejected that 777 shot as well ?
                We can delete it if you wish
                But if you're trying to say that if we have accepted that 777 we should have accepted the other one as well then I'm not sure it's the best argument to use...

Anyway, the contrast is better on the 777 and the white balance is also better. Now the grass is also over-edited which was missed by the screener involved. Let's say you got lucky but again, if you wish to delete that shot because you want to upload a better edit with less noise reduction, then fair game and we can do it.

cheers
                Alex
                Hey Alex

I re-submitted the Turkish 777 cargo.
                1. It was rejected with no motif
                2. I tried replying to the email with APPEAL in the suject but it cannot be delivered.
                3. Can you tell me what was wrong with the re-submitted photo?

Comment

• I didn't screen the reupload and there's no way to appeal a reupload. Please keep in mind that appeals should never be the first move. Forum should be. Or private contact via messenger like you did in the past. Appeals are very time consuming for the crew and it's not the place to get explanations about your rejections. Just for the record, I made 2 appeals out of my last 50 rejections... Everybody should take rejections as an opportunity to learn and even after all those years I still learn from my rejections.
                  Here for the whole case, you got lucky on the 777, if you want to know the whole story, I was the screener involved who accepted it by mistake (due to over editing) - I don't know if the reupload was better but it looks like the senior screener didn't think it was. The rejected one was correctly rejected and you could maybe try to re edit it from scratch

Hope it helps
                  Alex

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	TCLJL_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	959.8 KB
ID:	1032764

This is the 777 Turkish Cargo I am trying to use as substitute for the one accepted by mistake.
                    Is it OK for upload?

Comment

• as it's a different pic that's why it got rejected - a reupload should be of the same pic, better edited

This one looks better than the accepted one, would you like me to delete it so you can upload the better picture ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                        as it's a different pic that's why it got rejected - a reupload should be of the same pic, better edited

This one looks better than the accepted one, would you like me to delete it so you can upload the better picture ?
                        Hey Alex... now I understand. The re-upload must be the same exact photo. Aha!!

So Plan B
                        You go ahead and delete the accepted photo which is not good
                        I will then upload into the queue the improved photo which is slightly different.

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

• Hey Hey Screeners

Any chance one of you with all mighty powers can delete this photo because it was accepted "by mistake".

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9217825

There might be others with the same issue I will check. If they have the same issue (accepted despite not being 100% OK) I will signal them and we can delete those and I will re-upload them with improved editing like the Turkish Cargo I attached a few posts ago. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Paging screeners.... paging screeners..... hello? Anybody out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                              Paging screeners.... paging screeners..... hello? Anybody out there?
                              I love it when people expect snap replies from a volunteer crew. I'm on vacation, and yet I'm still taking time to reply to your posts. Be patient, and all things will be taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                I love it when people expect snap replies from a volunteer crew. I'm on vacation, and yet I'm still taking time to reply to your posts. Be patient, and all things will be taken care of.
                                Maybe you should ask the screeners workers union for better pay, paid vacations and more help in managing the forum...

Comment

Working...
                                X