No announcement yet.

American 767 incident at ORD - right wing burned severely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, some people experienced unhappiness? They definitely should get a bunch of free money for that.
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
      Here is a lawsuit on this incident:

Passengers File Lawsuit Against American, Boeing, And General Electric.
      The AP (11/14) reports that a lawsuit was filed Monday by 18 passengers who were onboard the American Airlines flight “that caught fire last month on the tarmac of Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.” The lawsuit targets American Airlines, Boeing, and engine manufacturer General Electric Aviation, and claims that “GE sold a faulty engine that Chicago-based Boeing used to assemble an unsafe aircraft.” The passengers also claim that American Airlines employees neglected to inspect the aircraft properly and “failed to provide ‘assistance, supervision and instruction’ during evacuation.”

Source: AIAA Newsletter 11/15/2016.

The judge that gets this case should throw it out and sanction the attorney(s) that filed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
        The lawsuit targets American Airlines, Boeing, and engine manufacturer General Electric Aviation, and claims that “GE sold a faulty engine that Chicago-based Boeing used to assemble an unsafe aircraft.”
        Obviously! The fact that it took 13 years and probably a few engine swaps for this to happen, notwithstanding...

Comment

NTSB final report on this is out: https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/...ts/AAR1801.pdf

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
            This is disturbing:

14:32:32.9 HOT-1 you didn't — you didn't fire the bottle.
            14:32:34.6 HOT-1 did ya?
            14:32:34.9 HOT-2 I did. I pushed it twice.
            14:32:35.6 CAM [sound of click]
            14:32:35.7 HOT-1 which one?
            14:32:36.3 HOT-2 oh I didn't twist it. there we go.

(The 767 fire handles are pulled to cut off fuel flow but must be twisted to discharge the fire agent. It took these guys at least 30 secs to work that out).

Now, this is what I call "uncontained":

Disk fragment “ A” was recovered about 2,935 ft south of the uncontainment location at a UPS building. One fragment penetrated through the inboard section of the right wing, severed the main engine fuel feed line, breached the fuel tank, traveled up and over the fuselage, and landed about 3,000 ft away.

Comment

In related news, apparently a "discrete dirty white spot" is a thing.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
                What I found the most troubling was the recurring problems of the crew unable to figure out how to properly use the phones. Clearly not the fault of the users, and a design flaw there.

Comment

Working...
                X