Lost a lot of respect for Avsim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a lot of respect for Avsim

If you guys dont know already, you must now have a member id and password for avsim. No longer do any of the links to Avsim work from iFDG, POSKY, or many virtual airlines. IMO a big mistake, and they didnt tell anyone either.

Comment

Eh?

Comment

whenever I try to log in (and it happens EVERY time) it says that too many nodes are busy and being used....so, I already dont like it!

Comment

Originally posted by USAir B737
          whenever I try to log in (and it happens EVERY time) it says that too many nodes are busy and being used....so, I already dont like it!
          That sounds like you are talking about Flightsim.com and not Avsim.net

Comment

Hello Chris?? What are you talking about.

Comment

Avsim had to change to a new fileserver because of hardware problems with the old ones.
              The new server runs new software which means that links into the library from other sites no longer work (URLs are different).

He now blames Avsim for the fact that other sites have static links into their site?????

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
                Avsim had to change to a new fileserver because of hardware problems with the old ones.
                The new server runs new software which means that links into the library from other sites no longer work (URLs are different).

He now blames Avsim for the fact that other sites have static links into their site?????
                What I am saying is that now you have to log in to donwload or search at Avsim for FS aircraft. Secondly, the links that are provided by their partners, no longer work. They also obviously did not let anyone know about this new system they put in. For many, people liked Avsim since you did not have to log in. I rather use the www.flightsim.com if i have to log in because their search engine actually comes up with what you want more so then Avsim. Type in United or Northwest, and half the time it does not even give you UA or NW planes.

Comment

the reason they didn't notify people in advance was because the new server was not meant to go online yet.
                  They could have elected to keep the downloads unavailable while waiting for the main server to be resurrected from the dead, but instead decided to, as a service to the users, put the experimental machine they are working on for improved service and performance that was meant to go online only later this year online now as an emergency measure.

I see that such is not appreciated by their users and will inform the appropriate members of the Avsim staff of that so they can take the machine offline again and leave you all without a download server.

As to allnodesarebusy.com, that site is a joke these days.

Comment

hmmmmmm avsim yes i have lost respect
                    Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

The Avsim file library is totally new.
                      You now actually CAN find what ur looking for! :P
                      "Be an individual, work hard, study, trust nobody..."

Comment

Whenever I try and download a file of any type, I always get "this page cannot be displayed" error- anyone?
                        Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Not me. Works every time here.

Comment

I haven't had any troubles downloading from Avsim...although there apparently haven't been any new uploads since last week. Must still be working through those server issues.
                            George R. Widener
                            Oshkosh, WI USA
                            Aircraft Photos Here
                            Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

well it seems to work alright now?
                              Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Working...
                              X