Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Short Commuter Hop: DL Conn CSG - ATL (56K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Short Commuter Hop: DL Conn CSG - ATL (56K)

Flying the ATR has been amazing, so I decided to do another short intra-Georgia hop, this time from the city of Columbus to the super-fortress hub that is Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport.

Our route today has us taking off to the northeast on Runway 6 and making a turn to heading 340 direct to ATL for an ILS approach into Hartsfield's Runway 9L. Flight time on the 83 mile trip is a short 23 minutes with only 6 minutes at cruise level, which is at 12,000 ft.

Our flight today begins at Columbus Metropolitan Airport, where this morning Candler 102 went tech stranding 37 passengers. Therefore most of them were rebooked on my flight which is operating Candler 103 nonstop to Atlanta. All of them are making connections in Atlanta on to other cities.

71 passengers board the aircraft, while some last minute bags are loaded as well. We are nearing our operating weight limits with this flight. In the background you can see Candler 102, which is being worked on for the 4:30 departure to ATL, for some overbooked passengers who could not be accomadated on this flight.

Bags are loaded and the cabin door is ready to be closed. Tower grants us the necessary clearance for start up and taxi.

Starting up the turboprops.

We start our taxi to Runway 6 via the commercial ramp to Alpha.

From Alpha we turn onto Charlie.

Finally we make it to the end of Runway 6 at Charlie 6 and hold short. In the background you can see the Columbus skyline.

Candler 103 you are cleared for take off.

We rotate and climb with only 1500 ft of the 6997 ft runway remaining.

As we contact Columbus Departure, we are told that the onroute weather is not so good.

Columbus Departure tells us to turn heading 340 and climb and maintain 12,000.

At 10,500 we are given off to Atlanta Center. As you can see outside there is a lot of cloud cover, with almost a complete overcast.

At cruise level and making good time.

Above the heavy cloud layer.

Atlanta Center tells use to turn to heading 360 and descend to 9,000.

We are about to enter the cloud layer at 9,500 ft.

In the soup.

We continue our descent to 3,400 before Atlanta Approach gives us the final ILS Approach clearance for Runway 9L.

On the ILS Approach to Runway 9L. As we get closer to the field I cancel the approach and switch to visual.

As we do last minute check for landing in the flightdeck, you can see the view on final approach.

Almost there!

Terra Firma!

We exit the runway at Mike 10 and taxi on Mike to make our way over to our stand.

We enter our stand which is D34A for today.

We shutdown and offload passengers and baggage. You can see how busy Atlanta is.

The passengers are happy to be finally in Atlanta and make their onward connections to cities such as Cincinnati, New York, Boston, Orlando, Tampa, Philadephia, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Paris.

Another great flight with Delta Connection operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines and the amazing ATR 72-200. I think I have found my new favorite aircraft!

Hope you enjoyed this flight and I hope to do more hops like this in the future!

Questions and comments are welcome as always!

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Nice as Always Pete!
    My favourite is the one Flaring`!
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
      Nice as Always Pete!
      My favourite is the one Flaring`!
      Thanks Richard

-Pete
      Pete Ganabathi

Comment

That's it, I'm downloading that AT7 immediately, I'm loving those screenshots and I have to fly that myself (although I don't have the accompanying AI traffic. One slight question though: How did you manage to get 71 pax in a 66-seat plane ?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          That's it, I'm downloading that AT7 immediately, I'm loving those screenshots and I have to fly that myself (although I don't have the accompanying AI traffic. One slight question though: How did you manage to get 71 pax in a 66-seat plane ?
          Ever heard of lap children?

If you want to get technical it was 66 + 5 lap children, which is within the legal limits of operating rules for the ATR. Believe me, I did the weight and balance for this flight.
          Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
            Ever heard of lap children?

If you want to get technical it was 66 + 5 lap children, which is within the legal limits of operating rules for the ATR. Believe me, I did the weight and balance for this flight.
            Ok, I'll have to trust you on that, as I have no idea about lab children rules .

Comment

Whats up with that wing? There seems to be mixture of blue and green.
              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin

Whats up with that wing? There seems to be mixture of blue and green.
                Nothing. I think it's just the sheen! Because look at the other pics there are nothing wrong.

-Pete
                Pete Ganabathi

Comment

gotta loce that atr in that paint scheme

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Nice.

My favorite planes to fly on FS are commuters.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Nice.

My favorite planes to fly on FS are commuters.
                      Mine too!!!!

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Very enjoyable, I almost felt like a passenger myself!! Very good shots there!!
                        If I always fly my national airline,....so should you! .

Fly British Airways. Possibly the best airline in Europe....maybe in the world

Comment

Great shots! where did you get it?

Those wings like to flex!
                          -Kevin

Comment

Great shots, the gallery of air-to-airs win my vote.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Thanks Everyone!!!!

-Pete
                              Pete Ganabathi

Comment