No announcement yet.

Turbo-prop or jet aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends...I'll fly a prop if it has the features I like (nice VC, attention to detail)...like the Flight1 Cessna 172

(This IS the C172's VC! Smooth gauges and all!)

But I like heavies, too...which is why I fly the PMDG 737NG...

Toss up for me, really...depends on if I am up for a complex flight or just some bug smashing
    ________
    MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Comment

If im messing around i like to use a prop,but if im doing a proper flight i tend to use small jets like the 737's ect

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
        If im messing around i like to use a prop,but if im doing a proper flight i tend to use small jets like the 737's ect
        heh, no matter what I fly, I always use the VC, its a lot more fun

Comment

Slideshows aren't really fun for me...
          Although I'll use the VC as long as i'm not near a big airport. I like to use spot mode if i'm playing around.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
            Slideshows aren't really fun for me...
            Although I'll use the VC as long as i'm not near a big airport. I like to use spot mode if i'm playing around.
            Same here!

Comment

How the hell can u turn the wipers on in 737NG (PMDG)???

I tried the freakin switch but it's not working

Comment

I believe you need the 800/900 package and the optional model update package...it makes all the buttons on the VC overhead clickable as well!
                ________
                Mazda R360 Picture

Comment

I like them both. I find myself flying smaller jets more on FS2004, like ERJs & DC-9s, but I flew the King Air & the Do-328 on FS2002 a lot. If I could find a good, free EMB-120 or ATR-72 model, I'd probably fly it more often than jets on 2004. I downloaded a Dash 8 & a panel before I went to SXM & wasn't able to get the panel to work.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by dneedham
                    I believe you need the 800/900 package and the optional model update package...it makes all the buttons on the VC overhead clickable as well!
                    Thx man, now I need to find somebody who has that one

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                      Thx man, now I need to find somebody who has that one
                      like me!? want to do another trade Patrick?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                        Yeh,with the speed and agility! I love the Dash-8 aswell!

Speed and Dash-8 don't go together dude... I flew US Airways Express last month.... N931HA... They were putting speed tape on the nose as we were getting ready to board the plane. (AWESOME!!) Anyway, the flight took almost 2 hours from Pit to KALB.... I was all excited to fly the ledgend, but after the flight I decided I like Jets, just because they are faster....uppon landing at KALB, sparks shot out of the brakes, and it felt like we were trying to stop on an aircraft carrier...( Guess the 7200ft runway isnt enough to get that big dash slowed?? or was it the all female crew?lol) ALL in all I respect the Dash-8, I've fueled them almost every day for 8 years..They will always be a tough and stable bird,.But.... I think the props days are numberd.....
                        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
                          Speed and Dash-8 don't go together dude... I flew US Airways Express last month.... N931HA... They were putting speed tape on the nose as we were getting ready to board the plane. (AWESOME!!) Anyway, the flight took almost 2 hours from Pit to KALB.... I was all excited to fly the ledgend, but after the flight I decided I like Jets, just because they are faster....uppon landing at KALB, sparks shot out of the brakes, and it felt like we were trying to stop on an aircraft carrier...( Guess the 7200ft runway isnt enough to get that big dash slowed?? or was it the all female crew?lol) ALL in all I respect the Dash-8, I've fueled them almost every day for 8 years..They will always be a tough and stable bird,.But.... I think the props days are numberd.....
                          -Jay
                          Well,i climb as fast as i can on slew and nose dive down to the ground That get's me pretty fast

Comment

I guess flightsim is the equalizer!!!!

Comment

About the props days being numbered, I have a feeling not. QX changed a bunch of orders for the CRJ to Dash8s. I think a few others have also.
                              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
                                About the props days being numbered, I have a feeling not. QX changed a bunch of orders for the CRJ to Dash8s. I think a few others have also.
                                Come to MAN and you'll see that theres still a fair few flying around

Comment

Working...
                                X