FS2004 Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YYZPICS
    When i go to a/c select I can click under project AI and can fly them, i dont know what i did wrong, but there garbage to fly anyways
    So do I! The only thing is that the a/c has no panel. ButIīll fix it tonite.
    Tks guys, it worked!
    Sowing the seeds of love
    Roland Orzabal and Chris Hughes

Comment

When i go to a/c select I can click under project AI and can fly them, i dont know what i did wrong, but there garbage to fly anyways
      thats odd I cant do that, I dont know why someone would want to fly the PaI crap anyway, your better off with POSKY

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
        thats odd I cant do that, I dont know why someone would want to fly the PaI crap anyway, your better off with POSKY
        While installing packages, choose custom installation and check the option Make it visible. And them youīll find all installed a/c in the a/c selection menu as Project Ai as manufacturer.
        Sowing the seeds of love
        Roland Orzabal and Chris Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
          Why not? If done right, you can install as much as you'd like with little performance hit.

The biggest tip I can give is to stay away from ProjectAI aircraft. They are poorly modelled for performance. AI Aardvark and FSPainter v.2 or v.3 aircraft offer many more LOD levels, substantially increasing performance.

I have the following AI airlines installed fully with little to no performance hit at most airports:
          The most packages i installed was 16 and there was like 20 planes tryin to land at once and it took you like 20 mins to taxi then another 20 to depart, its was pretty boring

Comment

Why not? If done right, you can install as much as you'd like with little performance hit.

The biggest tip I can give is to stay away from ProjectAI aircraft. They are poorly modelled for performance. AI Aardvark and FSPainter v.2 or v.3 aircraft offer many more LOD levels, substantially increasing performance.
            Thanks a lot for the tip, Chris!
            But what are LOD levels and what perfomance are they able to increase?

Comment

Originally posted by magic48
              Thanks a lot for the tip, Chris!
              LOD = Level Of Detail, I'm not sure how to explain the rest, but theres something about it on the AI Aardvark website.

Comment

The most packages i installed was 16 and there was like 20 planes tryin to land at once and it took you like 20 mins to taxi then another 20 to depart, its was pretty boring
                There's a neat little program called "FS2004 AI Separation" (available at AVSIM) that will take care of the 'planes trying to land all at once' problem. It works a charm.

Originally posted by magic48
                LOD stands for "Levels of Detail."

In other words, when you're looking at an AI plane from 1 mile away, the program may only be drawing 20 or so polygons. As you get closer, and more visible detail is required, the number of polygons in the model increases. This helps to ensure that only the AI planes closest to you -- the ones that need to be rendered in high detail -- are rendered in such detail. This saves many valuable CPU cycles, and increases performance.
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

Comment

There's a neat little program called "FS2004 AI Separation" (available at AVSIM) that will take care of the 'planes trying to land all at once' problem. It works a charm.
                  Thanks im searching for it now

Comment

Wow Chris, thats a lot of airlines! I had about 110 airlines on FS a while ago, all AI aardvark, CDAI, and FS Painter and they didn't have any huge impacts on frame rates, it did slow the game down however when I used PAI packages for a few airlines. Now I only have 30 or 40 airlines, because I deleted all my flight plans and converted my FS to nothing but traffic from the 80s and early 90s.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Wow Chris, thats a lot of airlines! I had about 110 airlines on FS a while ago, all AI aardvark, CDAI, and FS Painter and they didn't have any huge impacts on frame rates, it did slow the game down however when I used PAI packages for a few airlines. Now I only have 30 or 40 airlines, because I deleted all my flight plans and converted my FS to nothing but traffic from the 80s and early 90s.
                      heh, at one point I had every package MRAI made + a ton of stuff from PAi & AVSIM, then I had my computer re-formatted now I just have the default stuff and some really bad national airlines stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X